• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Can people explain what's so self-evidently terrible and mockable about this project as a whole? Williams looks horribly miscast, but everything else just looks like Peter Pan to me.
It's the musical choice. Why? Why Peter Pan? There are so many other famous musicals that would have been pretty fantastic to see as one of these live TV events...but...THIS? And then yeah, the casting adds to the awfulness.

for me it's just the absurdity that there's going to be a live television event of a live action low rent cheeseball peter pan musical. it's just one of those new depths moments.

"Low rent cheeseball?" I was under the impression that it was a classic (the original won multiple Tonys), but then again, I did grow up watching a VHS of the Mary Martin version, so maybe my impression is skewed,

Hamlet

B26oLwhCUAASc97.jpg:large

Oh my
This is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

- Deadline: Tina Fey and Robert Carlock’s ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
Netflix, the world’s leading Internet TV network, has picked up two seasons and will be the exclusive home to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, the new comedy series from Universal Television from co-creators Tina Fey and Robert Carlock.

The series stars Ellie Kemper (The Office) as a woman who escapes from a doomsday cult and starts life over in New York. The 13-episode first season was originally slated to premiere on NBC and instead will now launch exclusively across all Netflix territories in March 2015.

“The very construct of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt — its offbeat premise, hilarious and rich characters and serialized storytelling — make it a perfect Netflix comedy series,” said Cindy Holland, Vice President of Original Content at Netflix. “Tina and Robert’s unique comic voice and sensibility come through in this series and we could not be more excited to present Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt exclusively to Netflix members around the world.”

knirk

Banned
Just watched S02E05 of The 100 and I love it.
Clarke is such an awesome protagonist.

She acts like any normal person would in those situations.
Her acting is spot on, she is hot as fuck (yeah I said it) and she kicks ass.

The 100 S02 rocks,

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Pleasantly surprising move for Kinmy Schmidt and I hope the relatively more permissive creative situation on Netflix will be of benefit to the show too.

Barrage

100 percent Netflix is a better home for it. I wonder if any of the Big 4th would consider using Netflix as an incubator-split the cost with Netflix, put the first season on to stream, then bring it to broadcast TV. Not sure it would work, but from the ratings FOX and NBC is getting now is the time to try new things.

100 percent Netflix is a better home for it. I wonder if any of the Big 4th would consider using Netflix as an incubator-split the cost with Netflix, put the first season on to stream, then bring it to broadcast TV. Not sure it would work, but from the ratings FOX and NBC is getting now is the time to try new things.

This.. is an intriguing idea as a viewer.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

So, I don't think this is a bad idea, but it is a real admission of the changing landscape, like Blackberry claiming that a BBM app on iPhone/Android will help sell their Blackberry OS. And then the next question is... what's in it for Netflix?

So, I don't think this is a bad idea, but it is a real admission of the changing landscape, like Blackberry claiming that a BBM app on iPhone/Android will help sell their Blackberry OS. And then the next question is... what's in it for Netflix?

I could see Netflix being into it if they were able to secure next-day upload exclusivity. However with the existence of Hulu that's probably a pipe dream.

Has Netflix US uploaded new episodes of any TV series as they air on cable/broadcast? I know the foreign versions have done that for a few shows like Breaking Bad, IIRC.

tim.mbp

Has Netflix US uploaded new episodes of any TV series as they air on cable/broadcast? I know the foreign versions have done that for a few shows like Breaking Bad, IIRC.

I don't think so, but CBS and Amazon Prime has a deal for Extant and Under the Dome with a four day window.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm probably way lttp on this, but I think it's fascinating that AMC is using Better Call Saul to launch a new night of programming. Mondays are pretty barren (for cable) during the spring, so hopefully it works out for them. I'm more than happy to see a cable network shift (even a little bit) away from programming exclusively on Sunday nights.

Penguin

I'm probably way lttp on this, but I think it's fascinating that AMC is using Better Call Saul to launch a new night of programming. Mondays are pretty barren (for cable) during the spring, so hopefully it works out for them. I'm more than happy to see a cable network shift (even a little bit) away from programming exclusively on Sunday nights.

What not a fan of Game of Thrones/Walking Dead/Silicion Valley/Veep/The Leftovers/True Detective all being the Sunday superblock?

(And never realized how slanted Sundays were for cable haha)

Terrell

Netflix could leverage its position to pay even less for its availability of the network broadcasts from 2nd season onward.

And you're right, it IS an admission of the changing landscape of television. But since networks don't want to do anything about the structure of their business model, seeing them piggyback off someone else's seems like the only card they're willing to play.

anaron

Me too!

Penguin

I think because a lot of it never really intersected

Like Walking Dead and Game of Thrones if they ever share a Sunday is maybe once or twice a year.

Same for when Breaking Bad aired on Sundays.

And other shows just kind of flow into each other.

And guess don't watch stuff like the Strain and Mad Men... really packed day.

Can one of the TV gurus in here give me an approximate date for network show breaks? I know most stuff goes on break over the summer...what about the winter?

More specifically, Gotham will air its tenth episode on Monday. Will it keep airing new episodes through the new year or go on break?

Penguin

Can one of the TV gurus in here give me an approximate date for network show breaks? I know most stuff goes on break over the summer...what about the winter?

More specifically, Gotham will air its tenth episode on Monday. Will it keep airing new episodes through the new year or go on break?

Gotham goes on break after Monday's ep

Most shows will probably be done by the second week of Dec or so.

- Deadline: ‘Constantine’ To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
The freshman season of NBC drama Constantine will consist of 13 episodes. The cast and crew of the series were informed on Friday that the series will halt production after completing production on the initial 13-episode order. Constantine will remain in its 10 PM Friday time slot for the remainder of its run.

While NBC recently made a similar decision on freshmen comedy series Bad Judge and A to Z, I hear the circumstances are different. While Bad Judge and A to Z had been de facto cancelled, Constantine remains in contention for a second-season renewal.
More via the link.

The worst part about the Constantine news is that, assuming Hannibal takes over the slot when it's done, we definitely have to wait for NBC to air 8 more episodes until we get Hannibal back. Which was probably always the plan, but godammit, I want more Hannibal now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom