• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

The worst part about the Constantine news is that, assuming Hannibal takes over the slot when it's done, we definitely have to wait for NBC to air 8 more episodes until we get Hannibal back. Which was probably always the plan, but godammit, I want more Hannibal now!

Lol..Hannibal won't air till april at the earliest. With Constantine limited to 13 episodes it will just means you will get few months of repeats before Hannibal

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yeah, Hannibal is expected to premiere in April or May. I know Fuller was saying that back in September and October. Who knows, that plan could change, but yeah.

Has Netflix US uploaded new episodes of any TV series as they air on cable/broadcast? I know the foreign versions have done that for a few shows like Breaking Bad, IIRC.

I seem to remember them getting the new episodes of Party Down's second season when the Starz/Netflix relationship was still in place.

But that was ages ago.

chris121580

Pisses me off they cancelled A to Z. Show had so much potential. I think it's a lot better than Marry Me and I'm a huge fan of Ken Marino. It just has a weak supporting cast and I'm surprised it didn't get cancelled instead of A to Z

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Someone heard my prayers and cancelled Bebe Neuwirth's hair on Madam Secretary! I can continue to support the rest of the show now.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yeah, Hannibal is expected to premiere in April or May. I know Fuller was saying that back in September and October. Who knows, that plan could change, but yeah.

Those plans always change, especially on broadcast -- I'm sure they'll premiere it in February now. Fuller is just more open about sharing preliminary plans than most. They have no other midseason dramas that would go on Fridays.

Lol..Hannibal won't air till april at the earliest. With Constantine limited to 13 episodes it will just means you will get few months of repeats before Hannibal

No?

Pisses me off they cancelled A to Z. Show had so much potential. I think it's a lot better than Marry Me and I'm a huge fan of Ken Marino. It just has a weak supporting cast and I'm surprised it didn't get cancelled instead of A to Z

It's not really that surprising -- A to Z is one of the lowest rated shows on television even though I found it amusing and probably more sure of itself than Marry Me. Marry Me, on the other hand, is the highest rated comedy on NBC right now* (*with the best lead in on NBC).

To be fair, A to Z has the comedic elegance of Lenora Crichlow
said no one ever
. Marry Me loses in the fat friend department, though.

Somebody likes her. She's already got a new job on the Craig Robinson sitcom.

Personally I thought she was funny on Back In The Game. In the 2 episodes of A to Z I lasted she had nothing remotely funny to do.

beat

It's not really that surprising -- A to Z is one of the lowest rated shows on television even though I found it amusing and probably more sure of itself than Marry Me. Marry Me, on the other hand, is the highest rated comedy on NBC right now* (*with the best lead in on NBC).
To me, A to Z isn't sure of anything. Its strengths are the two main leads, or at least Milioti. I like Katey Segal a lot, esp for Futurama, but her narration does very little for this show. The sidekick characters are bad (Stephie) or horrendous (Stu). And the show seems to think it was greenlit to be a tech-y workplace comedy half the time. The boss character ("Big Bird"/Lydia) is awful. The show is supposedly, according to the opening narration itself, about Andrew and Zelda dating, and the 'G' episode was literally named for something completely to do with Stu. The comedy is mostly wretched. (I could go on at length about why, if anyone cares.)

I would describe Benched as far more sure of itself, and it's kind of still fumbling a bit here and there. But A to Z is mostly bad, and I really wanted to like it.

Marry Me is, so far, like a retooled Happy Endings with about 70% of the appeal. So not great, but I think it still knows what it wants to be and executes on that better than A to Z.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No biggie. Our Queen will still rule over the final season. It's going to be glorious watching her crush that small time blonde.

JUpgjEL.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
Please remember that this was posted at TVBTN the other day:

Cristela, finally airing again in a "normal" (no World Series / Halloween) week, kept the same 1.0 rating. While that 1.0 isn't disastrous (by Friday standards), it is low enough for ABC to probably schedule Fresh off the Boat there. (Boat may easily do worse than Cristela did in the timeslot; sometimes a network just has to find a spot for a show, current occupant be damned.) Whether we'll see a cancellation notice in the near future is an interesting question; ABC may simply not mention anything until they put out their Spring schedule.

That's just not how scheduling works.

Applebite

Constatine is just Supernatural with a less likable cast and shittier music.
Yes, because I'm sure it took 5 episodes for Supernatural to establish a likeable cast. They're mostly building John up at the moment, and he's.. Not really supposed to be likeable. He's a bastard. The similarities between Supernatural and Constantine come from Supernatural being heavily inspired by Hellblazer. I think the show is still kind of trying to find its footing, but labeling it a 'worse Supernatural' is not fair.

Xater

Yes, because I'm sure it took 5 episodes for Supernatural to establish a likeable cast. They're mostly building John up at the moment, and he's.. Not really supposed to be likeable. He's a bastard. The similarities between Supernatural and Constantine come from Supernatural being heavily inspired by Hellblazer. I think the show is still kind of trying to find its footing, but labeling it a 'worse Supernatural' is not fair.

Agreed.

Still always thought this show would not survive on NBC on Friday.

To Supernatural.

Constantine so far is pretty horrid. Even season 6 of Supernatural is better than this mainly because Dean >>>>>> Constantine.

We get that he's supposed to be an asshole, but it comes across like he's trying too hard to be badass. The supporting cast is pretty useless so far. I really don't know why I keep watching... I guess I need the background noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom