• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Also, congratulations Hollywood Reporter, this is the worst industry-related think piece of 2014!!!!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hollywoods-new-era-millennial-assistants-746861

The kids and the youtube and the netflix are just not doing blow and waking up the next morning like we used to do because we were perfect!!!!!!!

The existence of even a single word of this justifies President Mike Huckabee 2016.

Old Hollywood are such phenomenal assholes. No wonder Scientology is a thing, these people are straight out of science fiction. I try not to use the phrase "first world problems", but it's unfathomable that anyone could be so affluent that the shit in this article was worth thinking or complaining about.

Human beings deserve dignity and happiness and if you're a journalist and your writing is not working towards that end, my question to you would be how do you sleep at night? Any journalism school that teaches people to be the thoughtless mouthpieces of the rich should be de-accredited. Hope the filthy lucre is worth writing garbage like this that enables the meat grinder. Heaven forbid aloof mega-millionaires be forced to cope with reality.

Oh, and a real kudos to the featured assistants for being such wretched starfuckers that they agreed to this profile just so they can go down in history as having hosted a party that some famous people came to.

Gross.

The existence of even a single word of this justifies President Mike Huckabee 2016.

Old Hollywood are such phenomenal assholes. No wonder Scientology is a thing, these people are straight out of science fiction. I try not to use the phrase "first world problems", but it's unfathomable that anyone could be so affluent that the shit in this article was worth thinking or complaining about.

Human beings deserve dignity and happiness and if you're a journalist and your writing is not working towards that end, my question to you would be how do you sleep at night? Any journalism school that teaches people to be the thoughtless mouthpieces of the rich should be de-accredited. Hope the filthy lucre is worth writing garbage like this that enables the meat grinder. Heaven forbid aloof mega-millionaires be forced to cope with reality.

Oh, and a real kudos to the featured assistants for being such wretched starfuckers that they agreed to this profile just so they can go down in history as having hosted a party that some famous people came to.

Gross.

U8INyfB.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
People want to be treated with basic human decency?

Won't someone think of the sociopaths?

ivysaur12

Banned
I think I posted about this when it was first published a few months ago, but it was making rounds in the assistant circle as truly the worst piece of industry-related "journalism" I've ever seen. I'd like to fondly remember the complete psychosis of individuals who are truly lost.

Karu

100 already? That's crazy. I haven't even seen more than a minute of the show total during its entire run.
From the cast alone Blue Blood had the potential to be up there with the other CBS-dramas. Obviously it didn't have any ambition at all. Sadly.

Also, congratulations Hollywood Reporter, this is the worst industry-related think piece of 2014!!!!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...istants-746861

The kids and the youtube and the netflix are just not doing blow and waking up the next morning like we used to do because we were perfect!!!!!!!
That S'Nusbaumer dude in the comments. HOLY SHIT! I don't know what I'm reading..... fuck.. I mean, that is supposed to be an adult. Whatever.

That's insane! Any news on season length? Chances of some of these being "fall only" (like reign and the 100)? I just can't believe they would not premier any new shows next year in the fall.

Congratulations to Casts and crew for all of these shows. Renewals this early have to make everyone breath a little easier.

Woo! Very happy about Jane and The 100, these are ones which fates I've been worried about the most (Supernatural isn't a surprise, but I'm glad anyway).

I hope that iZombie does well and survives too.

Pluto

I could be wrong, but this means that every show has been renewed?
Heart of Dixie and Beaty and the Beast are missing, I guess they're both done, has Beauty and The Beast even a premiere date for this season?

Crossing fingers for iZombie to be a success. :)

What does that mean for new scripted fall shows on the CW? Will they order two shows with 13 episodes just in case or nothing at all?

That's insane! Any news on season length? Chances of some of these being "fall only" (like reign and the 100)? I just can't believe they would not premier any new shows next year in the fall.

Some of these will almost certainly be winter/spring shows (and probably some shorter seasons too). Like you say, they will absolutely want to premiere at least a couple of new shows in the fall. Flash will probably have one new show behind it in fall and another in spring, to capitalize on their biggest hit.

kulapik

I don't get it, why didn't TVBTN have Jane the Virgin as a lock in for renewal? It could be watched by pretty much no one and would still have been renewed, it's The CWs first Golden Globe nomination and it could get nominated for an Emmy, there was no way they'd dump that show.

You're reading too much for TVBTN

Pachimari

I am beyond excited about these renewals!

I'll be looking forward to The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Arrow, The Flash, Jane the Virgin and iZombie. I will also have to start out on The 100 soon.

Sober

I don't get it, why didn't TVBTN have Jane the Virgin as a lock in for renewal? It could be watched by pretty much no one and would still have been renewed, it's The CWs first Golden Globe nomination and it could get nominated for an Emmy, there was no way they'd dump that show.
TVBTN is where shitty unemployed stats majors end up when they spent too much time watching tv during undergrad and think they can judge shows on their merit by pure numbers so probably?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
TVBTN is where shitty unemployed stats majors end up when they spent too much time watching tv during undergrad and think they can judge shows on their merit by pure numbers so probably?
I agree. Now what does it say about the people who frequent that site at all? I'm looking at you. :p

Sober

I agree. Now what does it say about the people who frequent that site at all? I'm looking at you. :p
I'm just waiting for the "cw renews everything" meltdown article there so I can see what shitty terrible TVBTN comments I can post here.

Joni

The CW renews 8 shows: Flash, Arrow, Jane the Virgin, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, The 100, Reign.
That is amazing news and completely deserved on every one of these shows.

It might be time for them to actually extend their schedule. They still have two Friday time slots, the summer but they could use more time.

Missing Hart of Dixie
It was announced as the final season, no?

Heart of Dixie and Beaty and the Beast are missing, I guess they're both done, has Beauty and The Beast even a premiere date for this season?
Beauty and the Beast ended up a 'summer' show last year. They might just move it there.

LOL TVBTN. That is some impressive renewaling. Waiting for that Constantine renewal announcement, especially if the ratings improve with the earlier time slot.

Some of these will almost certainly be winter/spring shows (and probably some shorter seasons too). Like you say, they will absolutely want to premiere at least a couple of new shows in the fall. Flash will probably have one new show behind it in fall and another in spring, to capitalize on their biggest hit.

That's why they're moving Supernatural and putting iZombie in its place, don't think Supernatural benefitted at all from The Flash's ratings, a new show should draw more attention than a show that's 10 years in.
Jane the Virgin actually got renewed? Awesome! I was expecting, and emotionally prepared for, it's cancellation. Glad to see it survived.
There was really no way it was going to be after that golden globe nomination
My thoughts exactly.

No idea, the critical response and especially the Golden Globe nomination cemented it for me. I would've been shocked if CW dropped a show that's kind of the first on the network to get such a positive response and awards attention, even with its "meh" ratings.

Glad to see all my CW shows get renewed although none of them were in any doubt.

LOL TVBTN. That is some impressive renewaling. Waiting for that Constantine renewal announcement, especially if the ratings improve with the earlier time slot.

I don't see why Constantine would do any better. No Grimm lead in, new time, and the first episode back is the second part of a two-part episode. All of that has me thinking NBC is just cutting its losses with that mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom