• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agent Carter will be fine

At least it only has five more weeks to air so it can't drop that much further.

Outside of an interesting Frontline last night was a terrible night for television. Thank Zeus The Flash and Justified are back next week. Agent Ambien and a double dose of the now humorless Parks and Rec had me pretty bummed out.

wqMWK7z.gif

This is bullshit.

Eliza Coupe is free. Adam Pally is free. Casey Wilson, Elisha Cuthbert, and Zachary Knighton will probably be free by the end of the season.

You know what to do, Amazon/Yahoo/Netflix.
Of course the only one who would be a douche about doing a 6 episode season on Amazon/Yahoo/Netflix is the only one tied up in a 22-episode hit, so…

New Girl needs him. Winston's improved as a character but still pales in comparison to Coach.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bummer. I don't think Benched was quite there, it was still mostly just pleasant rather than ha ha funny, but I thought it had good cast chemistry, Jay Harrington is a total pleasure to have on screen, Maria Bamford is a total star, and I hope that the creatives (especially Michaela Watkins and John Enbom) bounce back soon.

beat

Bummer. I don't think Benched was quite there, it was still mostly just pleasant rather than ha ha funny, but I thought it had good cast chemistry, Jay Harrington is a total pleasure to have on screen, Maria Bamford is a total star, and I hope that the creatives (especially Michaela Watkins and John Enbom) bounce back soon.
It wasn't quite up to its creative potential given the pedigree of all involved, but I think they were making great strides in the second half of the season and it could have achieved greatness by a second season. There've been a lot of comedies that made the leap from the first season to the second... even if a surprising number of new sitcoms in (calendar year) 2014 hit it out of the park in their first season.

Oh well.

TripOpt55

I enjoyed Benched. It was fun and had potential to be better probably, but I don't think it was good enough for me to mourn its loss all that much. Hope to see Eliza in something again soon. She's awesome.

Tamanon

Banned
So, Empire. I thought it would do good, but not that amazing.

Still need to watch the second episode, but I enjoyed the first one. My current work schedule means EVERYTHING is DVR'd.

I wasn't an avid watcher, but every impression I had seen said the last season became the Burt and Virginia antics show.

Yeah, they ruined it.

I think it switched production companies; I remember seeing something other than the Friends of Garcia card at the end of the last season's episodes. I don't really know what that has to do with anything though.

beat

Yeah, they ruined it.

I think it switched production companies; I remember seeing something other than the Friends of Garcia card at the end of the last season's episodes. I don't really know what that has to do with anything though.

Yes, that's related to what I said earlier.

Jigorath

Banned
FOX recovering well from that Utopia disaster. Both Gotham and Empire have been huge hits for them. And they have like a million Gordon Ramsay shows that do well.

Those Agent Carter numbers are depressing. I think ABC is done greenlighting new comic book shows.

My wife and I watched the first 5 or 6 episodes of Benched. We kept waiting for it to move from fun to funny, and it never quite got there for us. We bailed.

Joni

TVLine looks forward to The Messengers.
Question: Can you give me anything on The Messengers!? Love the premise and the cast, but I’m quite let down that The CW gave them the Friday night death slot. – Marko
Answer: I would venture to say The CW knows precisely what it is doing with that one. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom