• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate

Do you have a problem with all colloquialism?

Definitely not, although I do think (now that I'm reflecting inwardly) that I hate grandiose colloquialisms.

A clash of titans! (Often used in sports)
An epic saga for the ages!
An instant classic!

Most of this is marketing speak that we internalize.

Definitely not, although I do think (now that I'm reflecting inwardly) that I hate grandiose colloquialisms.

A clash of titans! (Often used in sports)
An epic saga for the ages!
An instant classic!

Most of this is marketing speak that we internalize.

I think you just hate billboards for Broadway plays

Wiktor

TVBTN has been getting it wrong more and more often, because the market is changing. THings like streaming and international sales have become much bigger and often can decide show's fate, but this isn't data that's as easy to calculate and or even obtain as regular ratings.

anaron

I heard a while back that Beauty and the Beast does very well over seas, well enough to make it worth continuing.
And it's produced by cbs so its unbearable longevity absolutely makes sense :x

Eta: haha the comments on the TVBTN renewal article are killing me

TVBTN has been getting it wrong more and more often, because the market is changing. THings like streaming and international sales have become much bigger and often can decide show's fate, but this isn't data that's as easy to calculate and or even obtain as regular ratings.

They also appear to know very little.

People had to explain to them in the comments how animated productions schedules work. (that is, shows like family guy and american dad are sitting on 10-30 unaired episodes at any given point). So cancelled now really means cancelled 2 years from now.

maxcriden

Anyone catch the second ep of Allegiance? It's been solid stuff. I like where it's going and the direction is very cinematic. Hope Davis is really turning in some great acting work here.

I saw the first episode of Allegiance and really enjoyed it, put me in the mood to watch some Criminal minds, I will watch the 2nd episode of Allegiance later on tonight.

Apparently there's a chance The Middle won't be returning for season 7. All the actor's contracts are up and none have been approached about renegotiating yet. Charlie McDermott has joined the reworked version of the Super Clyde pilot as the lead. He's obviously the easiest character to write out right now, but I hope if the show is ending, it can get a proper goodbye.

Sober

Anyone catch the second ep of Allegiance? It's been solid stuff. I like where it's going and the direction is very cinematic. Hope Davis is really turning in some great acting work here.
Yes, it's a pretty solid followup from the first episode. Maybe I wasn't expecting much, but it was good. Fairly decent action sequences all things considered.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Apparently there's a chance The Middle won't be returning for season 7. All the actor's contracts are up and none have been approached about renegotiating yet. Charlie McDermott has joined the reworked version of the Super Clyde pilot as the lead. He's obviously the easiest character to write out right now, but I hope if the show is ending, it can get a proper goodbye.

I'm pretty sure they're still writing this season, so if the writing is on the wall, I think they'll write the season finale as a possible series finale.

DarkFlow

Banned

I didn't even know that show was still on.

beat

No Audience? As in studio audience?

How...

I think they're building the new set for the new host's show, so in the meantime CBS is running placeholder shows with guest hosts in one of their daytime news sets, which aren't set up to have audiences.

You should check out the guest host show Adam Pally did. It was fantastic.

As much as it pains me to say..pretty low :(

That seems way too optimistic to me.

I'd say its more like the odds of me creating a thread entitled "Mea culpa, why Joss Whedon's Dollhouse is actually one of the best shows of all time." Technically possible, but it ain't happening.
Really a huge shame since Matt Ryan is spot on as Constantine and his dialogue delivery is perfect. But don't really like the rest of the cast.

Edit:
New page so here's a picture of Constantine posing in his designer trench-coat:
constantine-tv-series-matt-ryan.jpg

maxcriden

That seems way too optimistic to me.

I'd say its more like the odds of me creating a thread entitled "Mea culpa, why Joss Whedon's Dollhouse is actually one of the best shows of all time." Technically possible, but it ain't happening.

Wow, that should really happen. It is one of the best shows of all time. Well said, dead souls!

Did the following get cancelled without me noticing? I feel like i'm waiting at the restaurant for a date that's not gonna turn up with this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom