• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

Lmao at Beauty and the Beast getting randomly renewed for season 4. I mean, great! It's my complete guilty pleasure show. But it makes no sense to me lol.

Patryn

Huh, missed the news about The Middle. It'd be strange to let a show go by virtue of just waiting too long.

So is it definitely gone? Or is there still a possibility that ABC will attempt to wrangle as much of the cast it can for a next season?

Honestly, I wouldn't be heartbroken either way, but it's a nice inoffensive background show for me.

Fladam

So is it definitely gone? Or is there still a possibility that ABC will attempt to wrangle as much of the cast it can for a next season?

Honestly, I wouldn't be heartbroken either way, but it's a nice inoffensive background show for me.

I'm hopeful ABC will have one more season and wrap things appropriately. I've only discovered the show's charm since coming to syndication last year. It's a gem.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

If one of the kids is gone, I'm not sure what they can do. I suppose they can just write him off the show entirely, but I would assume that they would have had Sue go to the same school as Axel if they had another year...

The second episode of Allegiance was alright. Hope Davis plays that "pathetically miserable sagging housewife with past delusions of grandeur" pretty well. I think what we will look back on is that the television medium finally characterized an autistic persona correctly.

beat

What level of obscure comic book would indicate that the crash is about to occur? Legion of Super Heroes? A multi-generational Blue Beetle show? Blue Devil? Ambush Bug? Squirrel Girl/Great Lakes Avengers? Street Poet Ray?

DREADSTAR

Universal Cable Productions has teamed with Benderspink (Ride Along) to develop the superhero comic book Dreadstar into a scripted series. Leading comic artist and creator Jim Starlin (Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel) who will serve as executive producer and writer. Ford Gilmore is also signed on to produce.

“Jim Starlin’s cosmic space opera is a great read and it’s time for Vanth Dreadstar to make his television debut,” said Dawn Olmstead, EVP, Development at UCP.

Dreadstar is based on the classic character from the Marvel-owned Epic Comics imprint and centers on Vanth Dreadstar, sole survivor of the entire Milky Way galaxy, and an ensemble cast of crewmates, including cyborg sorcerer Syzygy Darklock, and their struggle to end an ancient war between two powerful, evil empires: The Church of The Instrumentality, run by the Lord Papal; and the Monarchy, administered by King Gregzor.
I don't even hate Dreadstar, or know anything about it, but seriously, wow.

Sober

NBC hasn't gone as far as to remake something they canceled? Or that another network has canceled, have they?

(one can always hope).

Busty

Banned
NBC is doing a remake of The Decalogue.

lol

I thought this was some YA thing I'd never heard of, not a remake of a Polish mini series.

That's what today's young people love NBC, Snapchat, Katy Perry and translated stories about life in post Communist countries.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
As things stand right now, Better Call Saul is the second highest rated cable show among the key demo in Live + 3 results with 4.962 million to the Walking Dead’s 12.767 million. FX’s now ended Sons Of Anarchy is in the third spot with 4.866 million, American Horror Story is fourth with 4.492 million and, in a testament to WD’s blockbuster power, The Talking Dead show on AMC is fifth with 3.949 million season to date.

Holy fuck. AMC is making a KILLING from The Talking Dead.

I thought this was some YA thing I'd never heard of, not a remake of a Polish mini series.

That's what today's young people love NBC, Snapchat, Katy Perry and translated stories about life in post Communist countries.

It's going to be set in Boston! GET HYPE

big ander

Ground Floor was great, hope Heelan Heller and Scovel find good new projects.

lol
what.

If you're a writer who loves Kieslowski, what makes you want to remake The Decalogue instead of making...something good. Even something good that plays with biblical morality in the modern day, hell even going as specifically as examining the ten commandments. You can do that without explicitly remaking The Decalogue. Just odd.
I was going to post it but I refuse to believe that it's a real thing. The only good thing that can come of this is that it ignites interest in the original so it can get a good rerelease on bluray.
fingers crossed.

Patryn

lol

I'll probably get lambasted in this thread for this, but NBC needs to cut out the high-concept cerebral fare for a bit. When you fail to garner either great ratings OR critical acclaim, it's time to take a step back and look at what you're doing.

Seriously, does anyone think this will get good ratings? Does it even have a chance?

Where's Public Morals? It was ordered in May. It should air soon, right? April maybe? Or summer.
It might be meh as almost everything TNT released as of late, or it might actually be good.

G0523

it might go up with flash being away for a month. now i can watch unless they plan to go on a break as well lol.

This is great news! I'm expecting the show to get renewed. (Nahnatchka Khan more than deserves a renewal.) But I wouldn't expect the ratings to go up next Tuesday since NBC's The Voice will be back next week
and the series finale of Parks & Recreation right after at 10pm.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'll probably get lambasted in this thread for this, but NBC needs to cut out the high-concept cerebral fare for a bit. When you fail to garner either great ratings OR critical acclaim, it's time to take a step back and look at what you're doing.

Seriously, does anyone think this will get good ratings? Does it even have a chance?

After A.D. turns out to be a smash success, NBC will shift their focus towards Biblical epics next season.

Nice to see ABC finally having some success with comedy on Tuesdays. I still need to catch up on FotB but I've liked what little I've seen.

it might go up with flash being away for a month.

Flash is going off the air for a month? What?

Personally I kinda like The CW shows going on break for a while. Cuts five shows out of my weekly rotation and gives me some more free time. Plus when they come back that number will go up to six due to the start of iZombie.

So many shows.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Personally I kinda like The CW shows going on break for a while. Cuts five shows out of my weekly rotation and gives me some more free time. Plus when they come back that number will go up to six due to the start of iZombie.

So many shows.

That's a good point. I'm already terribly behind of a few of my shows and it doesn't help that a couple more are premiering in just a few days. Having even just one more hour freed up each week will definitely be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom