• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
They should get Macklemore to guest star. Now there's a guy with something to say. #auditthefederalreserve #wheresmyhistorymonth #tcot

You're giving me PTSD.

Also, LIFE HACK: WHEN YOU HAVE TWO PILOTS THAT BOTH GOT PICKED UP, YOU SHOULDN'T USE THE SAME DAMN SETUP AND LINE IN THE FIRST PAGE OF BOTH.

Then again, if you're the creator of Californication, we're rewarding you with two pilots already, so what the fuck?

Saty

As ever with this cases i would be curios to hear what FOX thought that was going to make people tune in into Empire week after week and what are the actual reasons the viewers give for watching the show.

Patryn

I'm curious: If a show blows up like Empire does it cut down on the number of network notes, or does it increase it because suddenly the show is seen as more important?

Basically I'm curious if Fox is going to be trying to reach that white audience (and fuck things up) or if they're freaking out and walking on eggshells around it, terrified that it's a house of cards ready to fall if they so much as breathe wrong?

Joni

I liked the first episode of The Odd Couple. It is also completely unbelievable that Matthew Perry is only four years older than Leslie Bibb.

ivysaur12

Banned
If you ever gets your hands on it, you'll have to tell us if the Lucifer pilot is as bad as it sounds.

Oh, I read it last night. I'm only posting an excerpt from this one because I'm probably not going out for a job on it (not really in my wheelhouse). But who knows!

Prefer not to have to Whitta.

Palmer_v1

Oh, I read it last night. I'm only posting an excerpt from this one because I'm probably not going out for a job on it (not really in my wheelhouse). But who knows!

Prefer not to have to Whitta.

Is that a thing now? Get a new job and you may have to Whitta your posts. All of his old posts got Whitta'd, etc.

Clevinger

lol what show is that?

prolly "Warrior," which sounds amazing:

In a grounded, contemporary multicultural and sometimes magical milieu, a damaged heroine works undercover with physical and spiritual guidance from a mysterious martial arts master to bring down an international crime lord. David DiGilio will write and executive-produce with Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald.

ivysaur12

Banned
prolly "Warrior," which sounds amazing:

Nope. Warrior, at least on paper, was fun -- a few things in the entry point bugged me, but it generally worked and was competent and has a potentially good world. Needs a good director, though. It could all fall apart on screen, especially since there's a lot of wire-fu.

FoneBone

Nope. Warrior, at least on paper, was fun -- a few things in the entry point bugged me, but it generally worked and was competent and has a potentially good world. Needs a good director, though. It could all fall apart on screen, especially since there's a lot of wire-fu.

My thought was Warrior, too, so good to hear it's better than that (on paper).

ivysaur12

Banned
Yeah, my biggest fear with Warrior is that the same thing will happen with it that happened with 6th Gun. Where a fun sceipt is dragged through the mud by bad directing/casting.

beat

Is wire-fu even doable on an American show shooting schedule?

ivysaur12

Banned
Is wire-fu even doable on an American show shooting schedule?

Definitely something to think about. It can't be a 22 episode season. The pilot is very complicated to produce.

Given the world/style, I sort of thought it should replicate something Tarsem's The Fall, but we'll see. I realize this would also be a production nightmare, but I'm hoping the art direction is good.

ivysaur12

Banned
You're selling me on this, hard.

I'm actually going to be crushed if this doesn't turn out well. So far this and Cordon are probably my favorite pilots, but Cordon is much easier to do on TV. Again, they all could fall apart on screen, but Warror seems to require a smaller hole to thread through.

Clevinger

Given the world/style, I sort of thought it should replicate something Tarsem's The Fall, but we'll see. I realize this would also be a production nightmare, but I'm hoping the art direction is good.

:eek: I guess Jane the Virgin should've taught me not to write something off because of a silly synopsis.

ivysaur12

Banned
Well, I have no idea if the pilot will even turn out well. Just that the script itself, at least the script from when it was picked up and not anything afterwards, was good. And it's a script that requires a good director and I don't particularly think the one that was hired is the right one for the project, but we'll see.

I don't want to hype something I haven't seen. Plenty of good script turn out to be shit pilots (see: The Sixth Gun) and some ? scripts turn out to be pleasant surprises.

Sober

I guess it hasn't been shot yet so you're not reading a production draft that probably has a better idea of how certain things on paper work in practice?

TheOddOne

I'm actually going to be crushed if this doesn't turn out well. So far this and Cordon are probably my favorite pilots, but Cordon is much easier to do on TV. Again, they all could fall apart on screen, but Warror seems to require a smaller hole to thread through.

Well, I have no idea if the pilot will even turn out well. Just that the script itself, at least the script from when it was picked up and not anything afterwards, was good. And it's a script that requires a good director and I don't particularly think the one that was hired is the right one for the project, but we'll see.

I don't want to hype something I haven't seen. Plenty of good script turn out to be shit pilots (see: The Sixth Gun) and some ? scripts turn out to be pleasant surprises.
Please be good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's the word on Elementary? Safe I hope? One of my guilty pleasures, been catching up to this season and quite enjoying it after being a little thrown off by Kitty early on the season

Penguin

What's the word on Elementary? Safe I hope? One of my guilty pleasures, been catching up to this season and quite enjoying it after being a little thrown off by Kitty early on the season

Really safe, I'd imagine

Looking at numbers, show does really well. And is a big post-gainer as well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How is it looking for Sleepy Hollow and Forever? Forever is probably my favorite broadcast show this year. :/

Sleepy Hollow's ratings have been decreasing almost as rapidly as its quality this season. I loved the first season, but I won't even be sad if it's done after this one. I'm like 5 episodes behind and don't even care to finish out the season after the finale airs tonight.

Sleepy Hollow's ratings have been decreasing almost as rapidly as its quality this season. I loved the first season, but I won't even be sad if it's done after this one. I'm like 5 episodes behind and don't even care to finish out the season after the finale airs tonight.

I'm the exact same way.

Loved the first season.

Now I practically force myself to watch the episodes before they expire on Hulu

Kevin

Loved the first but may not return for the third. Last episode I saw was like episode 11 of season 2 before I got bored and bailed out.

What's the chances on Backstrom? It had got an endearing quality to it for me even though it certainly not a great show or anything. Ratings seem pretty low but it's a tough time slot. It's funny because I really have never liked Bones but both this and the Finder I have found very watchable.

What's the chances on Backstrom? It had got an endearing quality to it for me even though it certainly not a great show or anything. Ratings seem pretty low but it's a tough time slot. It's funny because I really have never liked Bones but both this and the Finder I have found very watchable.
It will face the same fate that the Finder found itself in, almost certainly.

I had a hard time getting brought the first episode. I stopped and nearly deleted it. But I finished it up a few says later with my wife. Then she wanted to watch the next one. We feel like now, after 4 episodes, it has found its voice and is pretty fun.

I hope it sticks around. I would say that the first episode is important, though, as it sets up some key plot points.

ivysaur12

Banned
Based off nothing but my own conjecture and tea leaf reading:

Forever: 20/80
Sleepy Hollow: 60/40

EDIT: Here let me do every show at this point in time. If I didn't list it, it's 100% coming back:

Hart of Dixie: 50/50

Cristela: 30/70
Forever: 20/80
Resurrection: 10/90
Galavant: 40/60
SHIELD: 100/0
Agent Cahtah: 50/50
Fresh off the Boat: 90/10* (*only because it's only aired 3 weeks)

Elementary: 80/20
The Good Wife: 80/20
Stalker: 20/80
The McCarthys: 0/100
Person of Interest: 70/30
The Odd Couple: ?

Allegiance: 10/90
Constantine: 30/70
About a Boy: 40/60
Marry Me: 30/70
State of Affairs: 0/100
The Mysteries of Laura: 60/40