• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

This WC hasn't been this good ever since Brazil scored an own goal yesterday. Afraid to watch the next match and have it be tainted. This may very well be the highlight of the tournament.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Damn...

ukT1c4E.jpg

Beautiful.

Spain's suffering ends. 5 - 1 for Holland.
Man. Never expected that ending before it began.
Still loving it all the way. Lets go Holland!

Scum

Think some of footy GAF were saying tiki taka was a declining system for Barca and Spain. They were right.

Its not on the basis of just this game though. Barca haven't been at their best for a few seasons. Their midfield is too slow and weak now. Their defence without Puyol is a shambles and the declining midfield can't compensate for it.
The important players needed for tiki taka are dead. Xavi's past it, Casillas is flopping and Pique can't defend for shit anymore.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
This destruction was as visually pleasing as San Antonio's dismantling of the Heat yesterday.

Dutch team's ego's are gonna sky rocket now only to be brought back down to earth by Chile.

The Dutch won well, yes... but Spain were f*ckin' abysmal.

tbm24

Well, the Costa experiment has failed. If he's not suspended, bench him forever. I hope spain can pick themselves back up and push themselves forward. GG either way Oranje.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
That was absolutely entertaining and complete murder! I said holy shit and was so damn entertaining to watch with my father.

GQman2121

Banned
Can't decide between RVP/Robben/Blind for MOTM.

All three were excellent. It'll be RVP because that first was one for the ages.

I would go with Blind though for the simple fact that both of those first two goals he assisted changed the entire match for the Dutch. He also did all you can ask for out of a defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom