• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Damn those are some rough times.

Yup. :(

Games like Spain vs. Netherlands were worth staying up to 5am though. I'll watch all the midnight games on Friday and Saturday. If the Netherlands get far then I'll take leave to watch their games.

Sadist

No idea how Blind will do. But it's an odd choice yes. Koeman would have made much more sense.
Srsly man, I'm still baffled how the KNVB handled this one. Ronald can be a hardass when he wants to (especially when he loses a match) but I know who I would have picked between Blind and Koeman.

Srsly man, I'm still baffled how the KNVB handled this one. Ronald can be a hardass when he wants to (especially when he loses a match) but I know who I would have picked between Blind and Koeman.

The weirdest part is that they only want him for a few years, then Hiddink for a few years(until inevitable retirement), and then we don't know. Why not immediately go for a long term solution? Not like we have a team that has to perform now, they're mostly young.

Alebrije

10474277_489535114512368_6744258767544979301_n.jpg

ITALY

I could easily transform that pic to a Mexico's one.

ifyouknowwhatimean.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
That's some dedication man, respect.

That's not all: The weekend of the Quarter Finals will be at the same time as my girlfriend's birthday. I organised a weekend break for us before I knew the World Cup fixtures, and she recently just told me "I found a bar near our hotel where we can watch the games." I think she's a keeper. :)

Yup. :(

Games like Spain vs. Netherlands were worth staying up to 5am though. I'll watch all the midnight games on Friday and Saturday. If the Netherlands get far then I'll take leave to watch their games.

I know your pain, I'm making some coffee right now so I can make it through the entire night. Even if I tried to go to sleep I'd probably couldn't sleep anyway and start checking the scores on online score apps, so I might as well completely screw up my rhythm and watch everything. Boy was it worth it so far though.

Sadist

The weirdest part is that they only want him for a few years, then Hiddink for a few years(until inevitable retirement), and then we don't know. Why not immediately go for a long term solution? Not like we have a team that has to perform now, they're mostly young.
I still believe the KNVB promised him the top position (behind the scenes) around December, but then Guus happened. They reconsidered and gave him the option as an assistant for Guus, but he was miffed. When he told this in the media, they went for Blind. I'm sure of it.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I only remember Teofilo from his days at Trabzonspor where he was terrible, so I'm kinda suprised why he is in the lineup ahead of Martinez, Bacca and Ramos.

I know your pain, I'm making some coffee right now so I can make it through the entire night. Even if I tried to go to sleep I'd probably couldn't sleep anyway and start checking the scores on online score apps, so I might as well completely screw up my rhythm and watch everything. Boy was it worth it so far though.
You could try and take 1 hour naps in between games, but unless you can fall asleep easily that won't be easy to accomplish.

Arjen

That's not all: The weekend of the Quarter Finals will be at the same time as my girlfriend's birthday. I organised a weekend break for us before I knew the World Cup fixtures, and she recently just told me "I found a bar near our hotel where we can watch the games." I think she's a keeper. :)

Definitely sounds like a keeper!

RoySFNR

Is it too late to re-open the discussion on that match of last night? I'm pretty certain atleast van Persie and van Gaal have sold their soul to the devil for this one.

Mesousa

Banned
Why the fuck is ABC showing the first two matches, but not the match during prime time?

That is why I dont fuck with english commentary over here...makes no sense.

Arksy

It was only time before this whole thing devolved into "Yeah, well...we have the hottest women!" or something along those lines.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Is it too late to re-open the discussion on that match of last night? I'm pretty certain atleast van Persie and van Gaal have sold their soul to the devil for this one.

It's never too late. We need to enjoy our small taste of victory before we get stomped in the next round. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom