• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
10474277_489535114512368_6744258767544979301_n.jpg

ITALY
is this shanks d zoros sister?

cremino

Italia's catenacho will make crazy England

Italy will play possession football....Our defence is too shit and not suited for catenaccio. I mean...Paletta is the CB and the alternative is Bonucci and that's not counting the fact that Abate is the fullback. England will be pretty dangerous with their counteattacks

warthog

Because it can't be a worse prediction than my last 1 (amongst which was 4-1 for Spain - Netherlands), I'll give it another go:

Japan - Ivory Coast 2-2
Greece - Colombia 0-3
England - Italy 1-1
Costa Rica - Uruguay 0-0

Why are some people thinking that a Colombia team missing it's star striker will hang 3+ goals on Greece?

Greece conceded less goals in qualifying than any other European team. Yes, they more bore the shit out of people, but they can park the bus pretty well.

I've got money on less than 2.5 goals.

Horseress

#COL: Ospina, Zuñiga, Zapata, Yepes & Armero; Sanchez, Aguilar, James Rodriguez & Cuadrado; Téo Gutierrez & Ibarbo.

#GRE: Karnezis, Holebas, Sokrátis, Manolas & Torosidis; Maniatis, Katsouranis, Kone & Salpingidis; Gekas & Samaras.

Hoping for a Greece and Italy win. I haven't seen Colombia play too much and I know they are without their star Falcao, but should be a tough one for Greece.

I have no idea what to expect from Italy. You never know with them. Whatever happens they won't make it easy on themselves and it will be a heart attack inducing 90 mins.

LNBL

#COL: Ospina (GK), Zapata, Yepes (c), Sanchez, Armero, Aguilar, Gutierrez, Rodriguez, Cuadrado, Ibarbo, Zuniga

#GRE: Karnezis (GK) Maniatis, Manolas, Samaras, Kone, Salpingidis, Torosidis, Gekas, Sokratis, Cholevas, Katsouranis (c)

Colombia has that Fifa sweatyness,

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Indeed. For me it's 6pm, 9pm, midnight and 3am :O

Midnight, 3am, 6am and 9am.

I'll wake up for the Japan game.

Living in a GMT+8 country and having full-time employment is a lot of fun during the World Cup and Euros. :(

Sadist

I wonder how Ronald Koeman is reacting to all of this.

I mean sure props voor van Gaal and the guys, but he kinda presented the tactic with Feyenoord. Still sucks we're going to get stuck with Blind in two years.

Arksy

Remember, Italy are notorious as being very slow starters at major tournaments.

I can see England getting a draw. And if Italy shoot themselves in the foot? Who knows what else could happen...

Surely if anything happened to Italy's foot they'll just dive right?

No I still haven't gotten over 2006. :mad:

Linius

I wonder how Ronald Koeman is reacting to all of this.

I mean sure props voor van Gaal and the guys, but he kinda presented the tactic with Feyenoord. Still sucks we're going to get stuck with Blind in two years.

No idea how Blind will do. But it's an odd choice yes. Koeman would have made much more sense.

oti

Banned
I have no clue about football, how's my home country Greece doing? Do they have a chance to get through the first round?

danwarb

Remember, Italy are notorious as being very slow starters at major tournaments.

I can see England getting a draw. And if Italy shoot themselves in the foot? Who knows what else could happen...

People are underestimating England. There's real pace and quality across the front now. Even Hodgson can't kill that.

alterno69

Banned
I can't believe Teo Gutierrez is ahead of Jackson Martinez, is Jackson injured? Cause i don't rate Teo at all after the season he had with my team, Cruz Azul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom