• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

moai

greece makes me wonder how this limited skill wise teams do qualify, specially in europe qualifiers. there is so much disparity in europe.

feel

I'm watching the game on Directv Sport for Latin American and there are about 3 colombians commenting, they are saying James as Ha-mes, so... That's the way to say it.
It's "Ha-mes", it's been cleared in interviews with him or his dad a million times.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
so what's the reason everyone seems to hate greece? is it just because they won the euro by playing crazy defensive? the way people are talking about them makes it seem like they're cheating scum or something.

Have they ever?

Kkhc1vo.jpg

Hieberrr

so what's the reason everyone seems to hate greece? is it just because they won the euro by playing crazy defensive? the way people are talking about them makes it seem like they're cheating scum or something.
Bevlcause they are boring as fuck and lack technical skills. People like excitement.

meanspartan

Stuck in stupid Bar review and have to follow the score online. Can't believe Greece went down 1-0 in 5 minutes. Ridiculous. Get it fucking together guys.

It is mainly from countries who haven't enjoyed much success and are jealous. I have no problems with Greece winning in 04.

Magni

They're boring. If a boring team wins, other teams start playing the same (see: tiki taka), so nobody wants the boring team to win.

Azuran

Banned
All the SA teams have been shit so far. So funny how people were overrating them.

Looking forward to the Ticos causing an upset later today.

krYlon

Such a shame Falcao didn't make it :(
I'd prefer seeing a world cup with the best players.

Also, Greece really aren't as bad as some of you gus are making out.

luso

greece makes me wonder how this limited skill wise teams do qualify, specially in europe qualifiers. there is so much disparity in europe.

Did you checked their qualification group?

Also, imagine next Euro expanded to 24 teams...

Match is simmering as opposed to boiling. Still needs something.

Just like this thread needs more attracitive females. Japanese, Colombian, or otherwise.

meanspartan

Greece's victory in Euro 2004 is the second best footballing moment of the new millennium.

This. Fuck you haters. Playing defensively is perfectly viable. And if you watched Euro 2004 and thought it was "boring" seeing a complete underdog eliminate France, Czech Republic, and Portugal, you are full of shit.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
They're boring. If a boring team wins, other teams start playing the same (see: tiki taka), so nobody wants the boring team to win.

but with teams like spain it's a matter of crazy talent choosing those tactics. with greece it's a limited talent pool making the most of their material. it's hard to summon such obscene levels of hate to that.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Can any Colombians here shed light into why Teofilo is starting? I remember him from his Trabzonspor days where he was horrible and today he has been pretty bad as well. Surely Martinez, Ramos and Bacca are better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom