• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

meanspartan

greece makes me wonder how this limited skill wise teams do qualify, specially in europe qualifiers. there is so much disparity in europe.

And I keep wondering how much bullshit Greece is going to have to take from people that are determined to say they "suck". They won the Euro Cup ten years ago, and ever since have been mainstays on the Fifa Ranking's top 20.

They may still be longshots to win the Cup obviously, but not to qualify.

Azuran

Banned
so what's the reason everyone seems to hate greece? is it just because they won the euro by playing crazy defensive? the way people are talking about them makes it seem like they're cheating scum or something.

Jealously and bitterness. Boring or not, they keep winning and qualifying to these things, so they must be doing something right. If pretty football won championships, then South America should be winning all the time. I'll never get how great defensive tactics and playstyles is considered a bad thing among fans.

Can any Colombians here shed light into why Teofilo is starting? I remember him from his Trabzonspor days where he was horrible and today he has been pretty bad as well. Surely Martinez, Ramos and Bacca are better than him.

He's not a forward. He needs a 9 to play with. Today he is all alone and Ibarbo plays mostly in the outside.

jackson or Bacca must enter now and Teofilo will play in his natural position. Hope we see some Juan Quintero, he's my favorite player

so what's the reason everyone seems to hate greece? is it just because they won the euro by playing crazy defensive? the way people are talking about them makes it seem like they're cheating scum or something.

It's the usual anti football brigade, that don't think defending is something a team of high morality should do.

pulga

Banned
2014-723681055-20140614130203431afp.jpg_20140614.jpg
2014-723681498-20140614130504229afp.jpg_20140614.jpg

window_licker.gif

Because they're even more boring than the football Greece played in 04.

Them winning the Euros was fucking awesome, a crap team managing to troll their way through qualifying and then the whole tournament is the stuff that Hollywood movies are made of.

cremino

I'm surprised Feftazidis and Tachsidis are on the bench considering Greece problems in attack .
They are much better than the starters

meanspartan

but with teams like spain it's a matter of crazy talent choosing those tactics. with greece it's a limited talent pool making the most of their material. it's hard to summon such obscene levels of hate to that.

Exactly. Greece isn't going to win any shootouts vs. the elite teams. They are unlikely to win the cup regardless, but in order to have a shot lock-down defense is key. I don't want them playing aggressively and losing 4-0.

In Euro 2004 through their excellent qualifying record for this world cup, it was a series of many 1-0 matches. That is how they win. It may not be enough when playing the big teams (sometimes it is though), but it gives them a chance at least.

Go Greece!

I agree with the strategy Greece used in the Eurocup, despite I don´t like it. If you don´t have the players to make a great team, then just turtle and hope for an opportunity.

I don't think anyone can blame Greece for playing defensively. That doesn't make it any more interesting to watch, though, especially as a neutral.

CRS

http://abload.de/img/colcelebrationmnuyv.gif[/MG]

Made a gif of just the dance. Loved this.

Edit: Craaaaaap. What went wrong? :(

Blaburn's avatar changes are more entertaining than this game tbh

Why do you think the Colombian girl with the wonky boobies has been quoted about 20 times?

Everything is more interesting than this game.

http://abload.de/img/colcelebrationmnuyv.gif[/MG]

Made a gif of just the dance. Loved this.

Edit: Craaaaaap. What went wrong? :([/QUOTE]

Think you missed an "I" out.

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/colcelebrationmnuyv.gif[/MG]

EDIT: Oh, I get it. You mean "that" problem lol

What's with the Greece hate anyway? Yeah they don't have much in terms of flair players but it's not like they're bunkering. They have majority of the possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom