• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

2014-723681055-20140614130203431afp.jpg_20140614.jpg
2014-723681498-20140614130504229afp.jpg_20140614.jpg

maradonavkazy_zpsb7471a69.gif

Courage

What's with the Greece hate anyway? Yeah they don't have much in terms of flair players but it's not like they're bunkering. They have majority of the possession.

Possession /=/ entertaining football. Especially when most of your possession is comprised by defenders.

spekkeh

Banned
Exactly. Greece isn't going to win any shootouts vs. the elite teams. They are unlikely to win the cup regardless, but in order to have a shot lock-down defense is key. I don't want them playing aggressively and losing 4-0.

In Euro 2004 through their excellent qualifying record for this world cup, it was a series of many 1-0 matches. That is how they win. It may not be enough when playing the big teams (sometimes it is though), but it gives them a chance at least.

Go Greece!
I prefer fighting spirit over technical prowess generally, and think there's nothing wrong with Greece's approach. Obviously it's the only way for them to get far. And it's nice if the underdog does well through willpower. I just don't want the team that only scores 1 goal at most to win a tournament. Nothing against Greece, I already hated Spain for the same reason when everyone was still fawning over them.

Possession /=/ entertaining football. Especially when most of your possession is comprised by defenders.

My point is that they're not sitting back and defending like some people are making it out to be. They're not creative in attack because they lack creative players. They're still trying to create something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom