• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

It's almost time!

Ukraine-Fan-Dancing-in-Rain-Euro-2012.gif

Drew Italy in my work's sweepstakes so I guess I'll support them. Not changing my avatar though since I like Japan's jersey.

I keep on thinking this is moblin

defel

Can't help but get hyped for the England games even though we all know how its gonna turn out.

Looking forward to the hilarity - can't wait to see Neymar flopping around. Hoping Messi and Ronaldo really turn it on for this tournament.

elfinke

Great OP. Hilarious first page. I'll lurk a lot and enjoy the gifs more, unless Australia make it past the group stage, in which case I may add some words.

cremino

Hoping USA can make it out of the group of death, but it seems unlikely. Oh well, it's sports overload for me lately either way!

Portugal isn't that good..They're clearly in a transitional phase with many key players injured (Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe), out of form (Nani) or just old (Bruno Alves, Ricardo Costa and Postiga)...I wouldn't be really surprised if they failed to reach the 2nd round

Portugal isn't that good..They're clearly in a transitional phase with many key players injured (Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe), out of form (Nani) or just old (Bruno Alves, Ricardo Costa and Postiga)...I wouldn't be really surprised if they failed to reach the 2nd round

all I see is

USA
USA
USA

The Ivory Coast has probably been the strongest African team in the last 8 years. But in the last two World Cups they got placed in the group of death with major European and South American powerhouses. And they still performed well. This year they're finally in a group that's more evenly balanced and I'm looking forward to seeing them advance assuming they take care of business.

I really hope at least two African countries advance from the group stages this year and one makes it to the semi-finals. Ever since 1990, Africa has been the fastest growing region in terms of soccer talent. They combine the creativity of the South Americans with the strength & power of European teams. It's really been the complete disorganization and corruption of their soccer federations that have held back the African nations from achieving big at the international level, but the talent is there.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I spent WC 2010 mostly on GAF (outside of the matches I watched with friends), but some matches were incredible with the 4chan sports board refreshing in the background.

Good times were had by all.

The Ivory Coast has probably been the strongest African team in the last 8 years. But in the last two World Cups they got placed in the group of death with major European and South American powerhouses. And they still performed well. This year they're finally in a group that's more evenly balanced and I'm looking forward to seeing them advance assuming they take care of business.

I really hope at least two African countries advance from the group stages this year and one makes it to the semi-finals. Ever since 1990, Africa has been the fastest growing region in terms of soccer talent. They combine the creativity of the South Americans with the strength & power of European teams. It's really been the complete disorganization and corruption of their soccer federations that have held back the African nations from achieving big at the international level, but the talent is there.

Japan seems to be quite strong these days wouldnt count them out (Unlike south korea, which is a joke of a team now)

can't wait for next friday, Spain - Netherlands is going to be awesome!

btw, I'm afraid this is going to be as recent years, many people hating Spain, bring the hate!

operon

And so it begins, great OT. Looking forward to footy GAF taking over Off topic again. Just watch the behaviour

Jamie OD

I spent WC 2010 mostly on GAF (outside of the matches I watched with friends), but some matches were incredible with the 4chan sports board refreshing in the background.

Good times were had by all.

Oh man, I remember the Paraguayan model. Wonder which country will end up having a girl that everyone will obsess over this year.

Fry

I know the football will be good. I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves in front of the whole world, not talking about football now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom