• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobcats Hornets-Gaf get ready:

mcdermott-creighton.jpg

NOOOOOOOOO

Oh he can't shoot and he can't defend?

Sounds great

This is what I don't like about him. The areas of the game that he's limited in (defense, size, athleticism) are the kinds of things that put a ceiling on players. I think he is what he is and don't see a ton of growth. If he all of a sudden can't post up and score against bigger, faster players in the pros what is his use? He becomes a rotation player.

Sacramento is focused on Elfrid Payton, Jr., and Nik Stauskas with the No. 8 pick, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

From Broussard:
Lakers' dream is to add LeBron & Melo this summer. If that fails would go for CBosh & Melo, sources say. That's assuming Bosh opts out

Time for MJ to fuck up another pick

Brinbe

That's a great fit for Sacramento, kid can ball. Gives them a legit scorer/shooter to take away attention from Boogie.

Sacramento is focused on Elfrid Payton, Jr., and Nik Stauskas with the No. 8 pick, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

From Broussard:
Lakers' dream is to add LeBron & Melo this summer. If that fails would go for CBosh & Melo, sources say. That's assuming Bosh opts out

Time for MJ to fuck up another pick
I'm pretty sure every team's dream is to get those 2 players Broussard...

Cloudy

Banned
This is what I don't like about him. The areas of the game that he's limited in (defense, size, athleticism) are the kinds of things that put a ceiling on players. I think he is what he is and don't see a ton of growth. If he all of a sudden can't post up and score against bigger, faster players in the pros what is his use? He becomes a rotation player.

He doesn't seem athletic enough to be a 4 in the West. Have the Lakers been watching basketball the last few years?

No lift either,. I can already see Kobe's face as Randle gets blocked several times each game lol

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Guess I'm going to have to use this thread since the RealGM forums are running about as well as Roy Hibbert on a fastbreak.
Gonna be excited to see who the Heat draft since Clev/Toronto don't have our first rounder for the first time in forever and we're not trading it either.

Pimpwerx

That's a great fit for Sacramento, kid can ball. Gives them a legit scorer/shooter to take away attention from Boogie.
The same was said of the Jimmer pick. That didn't work out either. This one seems equally doomed to fsil. But I know nothing about the guy. PEACE.

Honestly I can't ever get excited for players that can't defend. It's not just one part of the game, it's half. I don't want any players that are bad at half the game of basketball.

Teams as bad as Sacramento don't need to worry about "fit". If Sac wanted a SG they should have taken Lavine. As long as you take a guy with a good head on his shoulders I think you can bet that most guys once they become pros and have nothing to do all day but play basketball will become better shooters, but the guys who are already "good shooters" aren't going to magically become more explosive, athletic or better defensively.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I'm gonna be really pissed if this is not a trade... and I will defer to blaming that piece of human filth Jim Buss.

FUCK JIM BUSS

Man, Lakers can't catch a break lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom