• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
A friendly suggestion is that if a pick leaks seconds before is officially done. Please use spoiler not everyone wants to know before is done.

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine · 8m

We'll see if Knicks stick to this but latest signals out of MSG suggest they intend to keep Iman Shumpert as opposed to dealing him for pick

Were the Knicks seriously considering this?

Unless it was a Top 10 pick. I don't see the point.

Bucks fan here.

Please don't trade the 2nd pick. Take Parker if available...Consider trading Sanders if you can get a pick and/or a center to replace him...Henson and Knight are off the table...

dsigns1

As a Warriors fan, if Adam Silver goes up to the podium during Minnys pick and says "We have a trade" I will lose it.

Bucks fan here.

Please don't trade the 2nd pick. Take Parker if available...Consider trading Sanders if you can get a pick and/or a center to replace him...Henson and Knight are off the table...

Knight ain't worth holding onto. Besides Henson and Greek Freak, everyone on the Bucks should be on the table.

Jon

Looked so good for the Sixers getting Wiggins, then Embiid turned out to be injured. Then we pretty much offered the farm for the #1 pick but Cleveland appears to have rebuffed that offer. So now we're stuck either drafting an injured big man, a position we don't need, or players that do not offer value at where they'd be drafted.

Not expecting a fun night for Sixers fans.

Bowser

A friendly suggestion is that if a pick leaks seconds before is officially done. Please use spoiler not everyone wants to know before is done.

Were the Knicks seriously considering this?

Unless it was a Top 10 pick. I don't see the point.

lol who the fuck would give up a top 10 pick for Shump?

ReidSkeeRebarn

Neo Member
I can't wait to see Cleveland actually do the right thing and take one of Wiggins or Parker, just so everyone can finally shut up about how the Cavs screwed up so badly last year.

And then, they'll trade Wiggins or Parker for peanuts. And I'll die a little inside.

Mxrz

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but if the Cavs weren't interested in making a deal for the first pick, I'm not sure how we can fault Orlando for that. Besides, offering the moon for Parker/Wiggins would just lead to another shit season if it took giving away their few prospects just to get one of them.

If anything, I think they should just grab Embiid at #4, Elfrid Payton at #12 (or Ennis) and let Jameer walk.

We. . . don't have the best of luck with centers. But yeah, might as well. Maybe we can trade #12 for the Suns medical staff.

sgjackson

We. . . don't have the best of luck with centers. But yeah, might as well. Maybe we can trade #12 for the Suns medical staff.

that's pretty arbitrary but i'd say picking shaq and howard is good luck with centers. you just have bad luck keeping them.

jbug617

Banned
Woj says Austin Rivers and Ryan Anderson are on the trading block.
Stein is saying Brooklyn wants to buy a 1st round pick in the 20's.

Furyous

Woj says Austin Rivers and Ryan Anderson are on the trading block.

It's about time "Sub Zero" got traded.

Cavs fans: Who are we picking? I want Bari. Thank god we didn't trade the pick for 3,10,32 and next year's 1st. If they included MCW then I'd do the deal but they didn't.

Bowser

It's about time "Sub Zero" got traded.

Cavs fans: Who are we picking? I want Bari. Thank god we didn't trade the pick for 3,10,32 and next year's 1st. If they included MCW then I'd do the deal but they didn't.

lol what? If Philly was willing to offer that, you take it, grab Embiid at 3, and laugh at the Sixers' stupidity.

Jabari's basically a poor man's Melo. Fatter, slower, not as gifted a scorer, and somehow an even worse defender.

Alur

I'm hoping for Wiggins. Someone's gotta play D, and I think he'll come around offensively. Plus he's explosive as hell. I don't think we need more ball dominance.

sgjackson

lol what? If Philly was willing to offer that, you take it, grab Embiid at 3, and laugh at the Sixers' stupidity.

Jabari's basically a poor man's Melo. Fatter, slower, not as gifted a scorer, and somehow an even worse defender.

i saw a rumor with that+thad young and laughed at how obvious of a windmill slam it was for cleveland

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Don't fuck this up Cavs. :|

I can't be too upset if they don't take Wiggins, since they were projected at what, pick 10?
take Wiggins

Anyone hearing anything?

CBroussMultiSources.jpg

Cheddahz

Banned
lol i can't watch the draft on watchespn, since my provider doesn't provide it, so i'll be following the draft through the draftcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom