• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

Fuck Chris Grant. The only GM worse than him was Isaiah Thomas.

And how do you not fire Mike Brown within the same business day?

Just fuck everything about this organization.

Trade Dion, Trade Kyrie, burn down the Q.

Calm down, sheesh. We need Mike Brown for a few reasons. Bron is on the table as a free agent and who else are we going to hire? It's not Mike's fault Chris made horrendous draft choices. Look at our history of coaches and understand firing Mike Brown is awful. I don't want as many coaches as the Browns in recent years.

Dion has to go.
At this point, we'll accept a box of solar powered fleshlights and an mid to late first round pick.

Hopefully our next GM makes sensible common sense choices.

diehard

Fleer
We beat you in your own building, what does that say about Utah's roster?

That when we are missing one of our best players we can get beat by even the Cavs?

Cavs just lost to a 5 man laker squad at home and their supposed franchise player got benched, what does that say about their roster?

I agree that Gilbert is passionate about the team and doesn't just see it as a piggy bank, but he's still a terrible owner. His track record speaks for itself.

The Cavs were good almost entirely because of LeBron, then once he left their terrible drafting and terrible trades were all that was left.

Nobody has done less with more than Gilbert and the Cavs. The best player LeBron ever played with during their contender years was Mo fucking Williams. Who's the second-best player on the Cavs now? Varejao, and he's injury-prone as hell.

All those picks and all those assets were completely squandered, and now whoever comes in next will inherit a clusterfuck.

Their only hope is that they get a high pick this year and knock it out of the park so they can pair someone good with Kyrie. Even with someone like Embiid then they're really far from being a real contender. Their roster is basically Kyrie, Varejao and a bunch of shitty tweeners who have terrible trade value.

TL;DR: Stop defending Gilbert.

Well okay, but how much of that is directly on him? He's the owner, not the GM. Player analysis is not his full time job. You can fault him for hiring Grant and sticking with him this long, but he actually looked good after getting Kyrie and if you want to be the kind of owner who makes knee-jerk GM firings after two seasons congratulations, you're Jimbo Dolan and nobody wants to work for you.

How fast he turns.

Ethered.

It's like that franchise is sensible name repellent.

I wonder what the play is for the Cavs now. Do they make some more moves in an effort to improve or do they just stay put with what they have?

I wonder what the play is for the Cavs now. Do they make some more moves in an effort to improve or do they just stay put with what they have?

The most sensible thing is to tank, to better lure an incoming GM with the promise of being able to build around a solid player of their choice.

Furyous

stahp

pls

This is Mike's first season with this young squad. We shouldn't fire a coach less than 50 games into a season. I can't co-sign that decision. If/When Bron weighs his options, coach Brown helps our cause. I'm not saying he should will come home but this could sway his decision.

Well the GM is going to need time to make sense of what he has

I'd package "assets" with bad contracts to get them off my roster. Something like Jack + Thompson for a good player or an expiring makes some sense. It's probably what they should have done instead of the Deng move.

That would give more minutes to Bennet to help you find out exactly how good or bad he is. The limited minutes thing is a waste of time right now. You've got to throw the kid into the fire and see whats good.

It's a terrible situation because getting free agents is going to be impossible and tanking might make Kyrie decline an extension.

I don't see how Mike Brown isn't next. If they're bringing in a new Gm he is going to want his own guy.

The GM has to find out exactly how much shit is in the toilet before he hires a plumber. Might as well let the janitor (brown) fuck with it until then.

Cavs gonna be the first time with three #1 picks on the same team next season, and two top five picks

those bums don't deserve shit, dont go back LeBron

linsivvi

That when we are missing one of our best players we can get beat by even the Cavs?

Cavs just lost to a 5 man laker squad at home and their supposed franchise player got benched, what does that say about their roster?

That they should pick up all these Lakers in the summer and hire Antoni.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
How fast he turns.

Destroyed.

This is Mike's first season with this young squad. We shouldn't fire a coach less than 50 games into a season. I can't co-sign that decision. If/When Bron weighs his options, coach Brown helps our cause. I'm not saying he should will come home but this could sway his decision.
Holy fuck what am I reading?

Look, if you watched Mike Brown for SEVEN YEARS, and don't understand the magnitude of his awfulness, just log off, you're out of your element Donny.

What are his biggest weaknesses? Offense, in game adjustments, and developing young players. Giving him this team was a colossal fuck up, and I called it when it happened. He's lost.

You think Bron wants him? Oh lawd.

Spooks

Destroyed.

Holy fuck what am I reading?

Look, if you watched Mike Brown for SEVEN YEARS, and don't understand the magnitude of his awfulness, just log off, you're out of your element Donny.

What are his biggest weaknesses? Offense, in game adjustments, and developing young players. Giving him this team was a colossal fuck up, and I called it when it happened. He's lost.

You think Bron wants him? Oh lawd.

I can't believe it's 2014 and I'm still watching Mike brown coach the Cavs.

snack

Nick Young is out for two weeks.

U WAT M8
tOq5IWc.jpg

The Lakers got that Portland shit starting last year.

The amount of injuries the team has taken over these 2 seasons is ridiculous.

Bf0emgiCQAAbbL0.jpg

LOL!

giri

The most sensible thing is to tank, to better lure an incoming GM with the promise of being able to build around a solid player of their choice.

I think they genuinely need to ship some of the trouble makers out of the locker room.

They at least need to get their own house in order before bringing in, and potentially poisoning, another rookie.

Spooks

I think they genuinely need to ship some of the trouble makers out of the locker room.

They at least need to get their own house in order before bringing in, and potentially poisoning, another rookie.
They pretty much just need to do a fire sale. Hit the reset button. Firing Chris Grant was just the start.

There's a good chance Nick Young is out 2 months, not just 2 weeks.

No Laker has played in ever game. I think Wes Johnson is the only one on the team not to suffer an injury (but missed time due to the flu or something). Not counting Marshall, of course.

snack

No Laker has played in ever game. I think Wes Johnson is the only one on the team not to suffer an injury (but missed time due to the flu or something). Not counting Marshall, of course.

Sad thing is they can't tank as hard as the Bucks even if they tried.

Mahonay

Banned

The Lakers do have Mark Madsen on their payroll now.

Great White Hope, they need you.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Now Big Time Bennett is going to get even more depressed and even more terrible (if that's possible).

Mike Brown next please!

giri

They pretty much just need to do a fire sale. Hit the reset button. Firing Chris Grant was just the start.

Of what though?

I'm not asking that to be an ass, but, really, with the way the season has played out, i think it's about getting rid of the worst, and then setting disciplinary standards and actually enforcing them, for the rest of the team. Let them know that everyone can be shipped out who won't fall into step.

It's a really tough situation to fire sale unproven rookies who... probably by now, thanks to being a part of that locker room, will have a stigma attached to them.

Mahonay

Banned
Now Big Time Bennett is going to get even more depressed and even more terrible (if that's possible).
There would have to be some new way to record a negative stat line. Maybe if he starts scoring baskets for opposing teams. It's only possible for the human stat machine to improve at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom