• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
leBron to clips?
That's just a rumor right now and would depend a lot on whether or not Wade and Bosh return and whether or not they win another championship this year. I'd say there's about a 5% chance of it happening, but that's higher than most other teams aside from Miami.

The Cleveland Cavaliers fired Chris Grant on Thursday and elevated David Griffin to interim general manager.

Sources say the Cavaliers have done background checking on Mark Hughes, who is currently director of pro personnel of the New York Knicks.

Jeff Weltman, who is currently with the Toronto Raptors, is also expected to receive interest.

Gary Sacks is also an under-the-radar possibility. Sacks is currently general manager of the Los Angeles Clippers, but Doc Rivers has final say on personnel moves.

Chris Wallace, Glen Grunwald and Jeff Bower are also available candidates with previous GM experience.

i am so sorry cavs age

Nash/Marshall
Blake
Wes/Shawne Williams
Kelly
Sacre/Kaman

Oh yea, we signed Shawne Williams to a 10 day.

We play the 6ers on Friday, shout out to the world's saddest 76ers fan who can't be with us.

Jeff-DSA

I still say the NBA needs to change their draft/lottery rules because of shitty organizations like the Cavs. Put the Cavs in the back of the lottery automatically. Give them the 16th pick.

They should also have to roll an apology film to to attendees before every home game.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
i am so sorry cavs age

burn_it_down.gif~original

I'm still shocked to this day that the Cavs took Bennett over Noel

Otto Porter was the pick. Don't be silly.

thekad

Banned
I feel terrible for Cleveland.

They lucked into one of the greatest players of all time (a local kid, no less), then after he left, they lucked into two #1 picks, plus a #3 and a #4, and they fucked it all up because of a terrible GM (and terrible ownership that put him in place).

Don't forget that they had a great chance, perhaps the best of all teams, to get that all-time great back this offseason and have now screwed that up, too.

Imagine Kyrie/Lebron/Drummond with multiple #assets to add veterans that fit around them.

Don't forget that they had a great chance, perhaps the best of all teams, to get that all-time great back this offseason and have now screwed that up, too.

Imagine Kyrie/Lebron/Drummond with multiple #assets to add veterans that fit around them.

Kyrie/Oladipo/ Kawhi/Lebron/Drummond with 6th man Anderson Varejao

Wow. That's gotta be a payback call for something lowry or the raptors did to that ref. What a great shot, too.

It's stuff like this that reminds me this league is one step removed from the WWE at times. Even if it's "payback," how do you make that call there? Not only is the call insane, but they blow the whistle after the shot goes in? And then they toss him with a tech over literally moving away from the play and not even looking at the ref or doing anything?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I still say the NBA needs to change their draft/lottery rules because of shitty organizations like the Cavs. Put the Cavs in the back of the lottery automatically. Give them the 16th pick.

Why? It's not like they are picking good players

K.Jack

USA Today - Kyle Lowry is Called for the Worst Offensive Foul Ever

The tech after is almost as bad. Seriously, how does that ref not get investigated after that bullshit? It's not even possible that that's "just a mistake."

He called him for the right foot coming out. It's a bad or terrible call, but at least I can see why he did it. What a moment, And 1 three pointer down by six points. Holy shit the stones on this guy.

Or, the ref bet on the Kings. I'm sure Tim Donaghy sat back and laughed.

The call isn't other worldly. I can definitely see how the ref thought that he kicked his legs out but it could have been either way.

The tech though is normal, even LeBron gets T'd up when he runs away from the ref.

Lowry should have been suspended 10 games for that stunt. What a jerk.

Edit: I don't know what's worse: the Knicks constantly trading away all their draft picks only to trade for washed up or overrated players, or the Cavs keeping all their picks and then some and managing to waste them all.

giri

The call isn't other worldly. I can definitely see how the ref thought that he kicked his legs out but it could have been either way.

The tech though is normal, even LeBron gets T'd up when he runs away from the ref.

That's basically how i treat the event.

It could've just as easily been a no call, but we'd be here debating if it should have been an and1 or 3FT's or w/e.

Lowry should have been suspended 10 games for that stunt. What a jerk.

Edit: I don't know what's worse: the Knicks constantly trading away all their draft picks only to trade for washed up or overrated players, or the Cavs keeping all their picks and then some and managing to waste them all.

You stay overreacting

LuchaShaq

Banned
You know what? At least he cares, and at least he has a general idea of what to do (surrounded Lebron with the best vets they could find, then tried to rebuild through the draft when he ditched them). Danny Ferry wasn't a terrible hire either..

WHAT noooo.

That's why his supporting cast was always trash and he left. If they kept boozer around and/or made even a couple of decent picks they could've had a ring.

The best player he ever had next to him in Cleveland was the rotting corpse of shaq.

Would lebron have rings or at least stayed in Ohio if they drafted josh smith/big al over luje Jackson? Or taken danny granger the next year instead of losing the pick in a shit trade.

Ever year they either drafted like shit and used cap space for over the hill overrated overpaid vets.

The only way they could have done worse is if they hired Isaiah Thomas.

K.Jack

In the end, Chris Grant was a guy who thought he was smarter than everyone else. He legitimately thought that each player he reached for was going to play so well that they'd make him look like a genius. But history will shows him as one of the worst GMs the game has seen.

Fuck that guy.

LuchaShaq

Banned
If LeBron returned to save Cleveland the marketing would be unreal

I have to admit I'd respect him a lot.

Opposite here would lose all respect for lebron if he went back.

You left because the organization was a shit show, and you're going bsck when they've proven to be just as incompetent as before? If their core was kyrie/oladipo/drummond/Tristan plus a real coach ? Sure.

Going to that shit show? Would be the NBA equivalent of getting back with your cheating abusive ex just because you met when you were young. He might as well retire or go play in China for 50 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom