• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the highlights from the Clips-Heat game this morning and was following a bit on my phone last night before going to bed.

Not a great defensive effort by the Clips but the Heat do shoot an obscene percentage from the field on a regular basis. Glad Blake and DJ were exerting their will on the backboard. They have to against a poor rebounding team like the Heat if they want a chance.

All-in-all, great effort and decent results given we were out both CP3 and Redick. Gonna need those two to come back healthy in order to maintain pace with the rest of the crazy west.

Cheddahz

Banned
Just watched the highlights from the Lakers game......can't believe they managed to win that game and the Lowry foul is bullshit

LuchaShaq

Banned
I don't follow other sports very closely but is there a worse franchise in sports than the cavs?

An over involved clown of an owner.

A gm who possibly just made the dumbest #1 pick in decades. At least you can say oden was just injuries, and kwame was a highschool kid who got ruined by mj.

A head coach who has been a running joke for years and is so incompetent offensively I wouldn't even trust him to coach a HS teams offense.

A "star" player who was drafted first but is getting outplayed by the last pick in their draft. Gives zero effort on defense, he might as well not cross half court.

The worst city that has a bball team BY FAR.
The city itself smells so bad they literally carried out a scientific study to find out why I-71 smells like literal shit.

Lebron gets a full pass on the decision and that circus from me because of how bad that situation was/is/will always be. His biggest mistake was not leaving the second his rookie deal was up.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I don't follow other sports very closely but is there a worse franchise in sports than the cavs?

An over involved clown of an owner.

A gm who possibly just made the dumbest #1 pick in decades. At least you can say oden was just injuries, and kwame was a highschool kid who got ruined by mj.

A head coach who has been a running joke for years and is so incompetent offensively I wouldn't even trust him to coach a HS teams offense.

A "star" player who was drafted first but is getting outplayed by the last pick in their draft. Gives zero effort on defense, he might as well not cross half court.

The worst city that has a bball team BY FAR.
The city itself smells so bad they literally carried out a scientific study to find out why I-71 smells like literal shit.

Lebron gets a full pass on the decision and that circus from me because of how bad that situation was/is/will always be. His biggest mistake was not leaving the second his rookie deal was up.
The Browns. Which are also based in Cleveland. Poor Ohio.

I liked Cincinnati when I was there, so Ohio can't be all bad. Maybe the Cavs should move there? Get some of that rabid basketball crowd in Kentucky to follow them.

Smokey

Why is Asik being a bitch. I highly doubt dude has been injured for 2 months. Besides maybe his feelings. Team would be a lot better defensively if he would stop crying and accept the fact that he is going to play and get 15 MILLION next year regardless.

Since he decided to wear his heart on his sleeve he most likely won't be moved by the deadline either.

Nori Chan

Why is Asik being a bitch. I highly doubt dude has been injured for 2 months. Besides maybe his feelings. Team would be a lot better defensively if he would stop crying and accept the fact that he is going to play and get 15 MILLION next year regardless.

Since he decided to wear his heart on his sleeve he most likely won't be moved by the deadline either.
oh shit you're alive

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The subject was one of his clients, Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard. The topic was Lillard making history by agreeing to compete in all five All-Star Weekend events Feb. 14-16: The BVAA Rising Stars game on Friday followed by defending his Skills Challenge title on Saturday as well as competing in the 3-point contest and dunk contest. That will be followed by his first All-Star Game appearance on Sunday.

Whoa.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Should he really be doing all of that though? Seems a bit much but he's gonna get plenty of shine

I'd be concerned about fatigue coming out of the break

Apparently that's the topic:

And the worries about the wear-and-tear the events will take on the 23-year-old Lillard?

Please.

“Worn out how?’’ Goodwin repeated. “What is he doing? Shooting jumpers? Running a line that takes 30 seconds? Makes a couple dunks? I’m sure he would be doing more if he wasn’t an All-Star. My thing was if he feels like he can do it, do it. I’m surprised more super athletes like LeBron haven’t tried it before.’’

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/i...-star_weekend_exhaust_damia.html#incart_river

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired general manager Chris Grant, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired general manager Chris Grant, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

bugsjpg.png

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

fucking lol

too little too late

I mean to say the damage has been done is a huge understatement

and letting him fucking move assets like that for Deng just before letting him go...the fuck is the ownership group doing

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
fucking lol

too little too late

I mean to say the damage has been done is a huge understatement

and letting him fucking move assets like that for Deng just before letting him go...the fuck is the ownership group doing

Chris Grant fucked up a lot of things but 2 2nd round picks for Deng wasn't the worst deal in the world. That Kings pick is never going to materialize.

Nori Chan

Paul George is going to participate in the slam dunk contest

George and Lillard. My god we finally have names. Too bad lebron is too pussy to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom