• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pacers are all in this year. Granger gives them more immediate help than anyone they could get in return. It's a risky decision for their long-term prospects, but they have to try their hardest for a championship when the chance comes.

Yeah, the small upgrade they might get for swapping Granger's expiring for another expiring isn't worth it at this point. Might as well do the right thing and bring him along for the championship or bust ride.

Edit: If I were a Pacers fan I would be all over the net talking about my team, it's shameful that we don't have Pacers fans posting here more. Especially when you consider how consistently good they've been over the years.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, the small upgrade they might get for swapping Granger's expiring for another expiring isn't worth it at this point. Might as well do the right thing and bring him along for the championship or bust ride.

Edit: If I were a Pacers fan I would be all over the net talking about my team, it's shameful that we don't have Pacers fans posting here more. Especially when you consider how consistently good they've been over the years.

Eh... they've been the definition of a middling team for a long, long time prior to 2 years ago.

And they were fucking horrible entertainment as well. Pacers games were some of the shittiest basketball the NBA put forward. At least with lotto bound teams there was hope to cheer for, the occasional d-league call-up hot streak, or some athletic freak worth watching. Pacers games were fucking disgusting.

Eh... they've been the definition of a middling team for a long, long time prior to 2 years ago.

And they were fucking horrible entertainment as well. Pacers games were some of the shittiest basketball the NBA put forward. At least with lotto bound teams there was hope to cheer for, the occasional d-league call-up hot streak, or some athletic freak worth watching. Pacers games were fucking disgusting.

For about 5 years after the Malice at the Palace yeah they were pretty awful to watch. For the last few years and prior to the brawl for a long time they weren't bad to watch. The Mark Jackson, Miller, and Smits teams were decent entertainment.

snack

Y9V4sKI.jpg

DY_nasty

For about 5 years after the Malice at the Palace yeah they were pretty awful to watch. For the last few years and prior to the brawl for a long time they weren't bad to watch. The Mark Jackson, Miller, and Smits teams were decent entertainment.

Most fans today don't even remember when the Kings and Bucks were good.

trust me those pacers fans will show up here when it's time to tell heat fans that they're all bandwagon fans and that their team was built, not bought.

or that clown ken masters who said spurs fans have the highest IQ and that the heat were going down in four or five

DY_nasty

trust me those pacers fans will show up here when it's time to tell heat fans that they're all bandwagon fans and that their team was built, not bought.

or that clown ken masters who said spurs fans have the highest IQ and that the heat were going down in four or five

or like the year before last when they show up for a while to talk shit but leave once they become aware of how disgusting their on-court product is

linsivvi

Everyone here will be Pacers fans.

Dumars is the one that should be fired. Now we know why he hasn't been fired after all this time -- he has the owner eating out of his hand like Isiah with Dolan.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Lot of people on Twitter suggesting Lionel Hollins as the new head coach.

Why not?

Vic

InsideHoops.com ‏@InsideHoops
Pistons have won 4 of last 6 games. They beat DEN yesterday. Brandon Jennings had 35 points 12 assists. #NBA

Makes no fucking sense to me. Why now?

Edit: Of course, their current record...

Vic

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
The pitch for Lionel Hollins as new Pistons coach will be made, I'm told, & it's a good one. Tough, smart leader could help disjointed group

Not surprised.

Edit:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Coaching sources say Lionel Hollins is a prime target for DET and timing of Cheeks ouster due in part to fact Hollins currently unattached

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How Dumars hasn't been fired yet is beyond me. He's the new Matt Millen in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom