• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bron not doing much either. 3-7, 2 turnovers. 3 of his 9 points on that prayer at the end of the half.

He's been carrying these fools all year, especially with all the time off Wade got. That just leads to a tired LeBron and a Wade who can't play effectively every other day. This shit was bound to happen. I been saying it all year long every previous team fell apart eventually in teh playoffs after making 3 straight Finals, the Heat were just able to delay it until now.

oneHeero

They're taking the ball out of his hands tonight and then just collapsing in the paint. Every Spurs defensive rebound has 3 or 4 guys around it. Not the case for the Heat. We're spread all over the floor chasing shooters and dribble penetration. They do look like the better team the last two games though. Frustrating, but I can't lose faith on this team. They've earned our trust. PEACE.
They only look better the last two games? Try the whole season and series aka the Spurs are the better team period.

andthebeatgoeson

God I can't imagine a whole year of a fake PEACE sig.
Why you so mad, doe?

He's been carrying these fools all year, especially with all the time off Wade got. That just leads to a tired LeBron and a Wade who can't play effectively every other day. This shit was bound to happen. I been saying it all year long every previous team fell apart eventually in teh playoffs after making 3 straight Finals, the Heat were just able to delay it until now.
And Wade will get $20 mil next year to sit 20 plus games.

Boy IDK man. Lebron is not playing like a dominator at ALL.

Wade HAS to be in pain or something. I don't get it. He looks like a guy that needs a half-time injection.

Pop is certainly tearing them a new asshole about how they lost the 3rd quarter last game. Hopefully they have brains and close out on Shard an co on the corner 3's.

The difference In coaching a TEAM to championships and brute force superfriends championship teams that could win with a fucking zombie at the helm

bionic77

They're taking the ball out of his hands tonight and then just collapsing in the paint. Every Spurs defensive rebound has 3 or 4 guys around it. Not the case for the Heat. We're spread all over the floor chasing shooters and dribble penetration. They do look like the better team the last two games though. Frustrating, but I can't lose faith on this team. They've earned our trust. PEACE.
Heat not showing enough effort.

I don't think they quit. I just think they are tired. I said it before many times and Ninja said the same but 4 straight finals takes a toll on you. That was the reason I picked against Heat to 3peat. Plus Spurs have that Ray Allen 3 haunting their dreams. That gives you a little extra effort.

Pimpwerx

They only look better the last two games? Try the whole season and series aka the Spurs are the better team period.
Not really the first two games. They we're awesome once LeBron exited game1, but at worst it was a tossup. The last two they look like they're just plain better, picking us apart with the pnr. PEACE.

Boy IDK man. Lebron is not playing like a dominator at ALL.

Wade HAS to be in pain or something. I don't get it. He looks like a guy that needs a half-time injection.

He was great in the first 3 games aside from cramp-gate, but he's only human. Wouldn't be surprised if he hit a bit of a wall between all the playoff games he's played the last 3 years.

Making tired excuses for Lebron when old ass duncan is out there all season with no complaints. Give me a break

Mxrz

I don't get why the hell Spo is putting Cole and Chalmers out there. Might as well put Allen and Shard out and pray for 3s.

Nah I just don't like cheaters, poor sports, and baby whiners. Whatever happened to that extra long steroid list from Miami with all the other players on it? You know, the NBA ones. The one with Lebron's guy? Yeah, we'll never find that.

what.

Not really the first two games. They we're awesome once LeBron exited game1, but at worst it was a tossup. The last two they look like they're just plain better, picking us apart with the pnr. PEACE.

Can I make a bet with you?
If the Heat lose the Finals, you can't say PEACE at the end of your posts anymore
If the Heat win the Finals...you still can't say it because holy shit dude

Making tired excuses for Lebron when old ass duncan is out there all season with no complaints. Give me a break

Say what you will about Lebron, but the roles they play on those teams is WILDLY different in terms of what they are required to do. Duncan is an important cog in a wheel, but he is part of a wheel.
Lebron, for the most part, IS the wheel.

Subitai

The HEAT are getting outcoached and outplayed because they actually have shooters. Wow, this is the NBA again.

I got nothing really against Allen anyway.
I don't blame Spo for how his shooters not named Allen aren't opening the paint. Heat are expending more energy on offense that normally goes into D.

Last year they were pressuring the ball coming up court and trapping more effectively. He forced Joseph to the bench permanently and shortened the bench. That stuff isn't happening this year the same way.

bionic77

I'm legit just waiting for Crawford to block a Tim Duncan layup at some point

And if you take the Heat for granted and mark this game is over, may I remind you of Game 6 last year. DON'T DO IT.
You want the belt, you gotta take it
:lol

Also a lot of insane Lebron hate in this thread. Give credit to the Spurs. Stop kicking Lebron in his dick. I would like to assume we are better than that.

Pimpwerx

Heat not showing enough effort.

I don't think they quit. I just think they are tired. I said it before many times and Ninja said the same but 4 straight finals takes a toll on you. That was the reason I picked against Heat to 3peat. Plus Spurs have that Ray Allen 3 haunting their dreams. That gives you a little extra effort.
I can't lie. I doubted this theory all year, but right now outside of Bosh and Bron, we look tired. I keep waiting for the switch to flip and them to go balls out on defense. PEACE.

Especially in the modern era where there's more travel (due to there being more teams) and plus Olympic and World Championship duties. 4 straight Finals appearance during that stretch will wear players down. The Heat lost their chance for a three-peat when they lost to Dallas in '11.

dorkkaos

Game's not over yet. Still a half left before this game's over.

Though, I like the Spurs' chances haha. DONT BLOW IT SPURS! GOGOGO!

Why you so mad, doe?

I'm not really. I just plain don't like the Heat or their superficial fans. I don't like cheaters and I know that team has steroids on it. I'm sure the Spurs dabble too but they are coached by a legend and they play fundamentally sound basketball.

Honestly just don't care about Bosh and the whole damn crew. Bosh the guy that when asked about the HoF said he was there 4 years ago lol. The team knows no humble decency although Bosh is a smart guy and is not someone I totally dislike the heat are just not what the NBA needs right now.

Get the fuck outta here I'm not making any excuses for anyone, I'm stating why I feel LeBron and the Heat are getting mollywhopped. Pop has done a tremendous job with Duncan's minutes the last couple of seasons. The Heat tried the same thing with Wade but in doing that might have put too many minutes on LeBron.

thekad

Banned
:lol

Also a lot of insane Lebron hate in this thread. Give credit to the Spurs. Stop kicking Lebron in his dick. I would like to assume we are better than that.
You must not have read the rest of the thread. You would think the Spurs are a scrappy 8th seed or something.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Speaking of Kevin Love, I can't recall a player that's aired dirty laundry as much as him.

I love him as a player, but personality wise he's really turning off a lot of people, including myself, here in Minnesota.

Pimpwerx

Can I make a bet with you?
If the Heat lose the Finals, you can't say PEACE at the end of your posts anymore
If the Heat win the Finals...you still can't say it because holy shit dude

Say what you will about Lebron, but the roles they play on those teams is WILDLY different in terms of what they are required to do.
Put me on ignore. The complaints are kinds childish when you realize you have all the power in the world to stop seeing it. If the rest of my post is relevant enough you don't want to do that, then just deal with it. Over 20 years I've been doing this. I'm not likely to ever stop. PEACE.

Fjordson

Simply saying his performance in the here and now isn't above his teammates. Looks just as mediocre.

I don't think it is permanent, though. Think he'll pick it up this half.

bionic77

I can't lie. I doubted this theory all year, but right now outside of Bosh and Bron, we look tired. I keep waiting for the switch to flip and them to go balls out on defense. PEACE.
I saw it in person with Lakers multiple times.

Heat defied it a little bit because of how shit the East was and the insane collapse of the Pacers.

I believe this tired excuse especially with what Lebron had to do this regular season, and 4 finals straight appearances. But not for Wade no excuse. He took like 50 games off.

Boris Diaw on Dwyane Wade. That is a mismatch favoring San Antonio so sad.

Put me on ignore. The complaints are kinds childish when you realize you have all the power in the world to stop seeing it. If the rest of my post is relevant enough you don't want to do that, then just deal with it. Over 20 years I've been doing this. I'm not likely to ever stop. PEACE.

Well at least you are dedicated unlike a certain team here. Maybe we toss you in the game for Chalmers. You in Miami right now? You tall?

3rd quarter's though
Heat will come out strong and i hope the Spurs don't play lazy

crazy if the spurs didn't miss those 4 straight free throws or be garbage in the final quarter of game 2 we'd be witnessing a close out game 0_O run on sentence too :p

smh booing, they gave you dummies two straight championships, i wish LeBron, wade and bosh left now

Cloudy

Banned
Leonard is the future for the Spurs. Get him some solid help and the Spurs will be fine when Duncan calls it quits.

LOL don't kid yourself, he's not a guy you build around. Great player and defender but not a guy who even commands a double team

All I heard from this is 'I'm too fucking stubborn to not do my gimmick signature'

Save it for Outlook son!

Yours,

Franck

Spurs passing has been incredible. It looks and seems as though all 5 guys touch the ball every possession before putting it in the net. Amazing to watch so far, hope it keeps up. POOP.

Simply saying his performance in the here and now isn't above his teammates. Looks just as mediocre.

I don't think it is permanent, though. Think he'll pick it up this half.

Today yeah. I think he was good in games 1-3 but his teammates didn't. Now they all just look toast. LeBron is a generational talent though his "toast" is still going to be a lot better than Chris Anderson or Mario Chalmers, or even Dwyane Wade who at this point is a gimp.

Pimpwerx

All I heard from this is 'I'm too fucking stubborn to not do my gimmick signature'

Save it for Outlook son!

Yours,

Franck
Then you don't read well.

You are getting upset be the word "peace" at the end of my posts.

Yet, there's something wrong with me.

Makes sense. PEACE.

Lkr

Lmaooooo heat fans boo'd the heat

I can't hahahhaha

I don't understand why this is a big deal. Is it just because they are Heat fans? I have done this before at a Lakers game. Lakers fans don't do it often(well, if future seasons are like this past one, I can imagine it happening), but it gets the point across to the players that the fans are expecting a better performance out of them. Now this only happens if they're down 20 at the half or something in most cases, and maybe it will wake the Heat up. It seems to work for the Lakers :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom