• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonm1010

Banned
If anything the temp should theoretically affect the spurs more. The team that thrives on fast breaks, lots of passing and is full of older stars that already can't play heavy minutes. All of which can be heavily affected by heat, exhaustion and being drenched in sweat.

Lebron needs to start drinking more water.

This is the fucking Finals, bro.

You play through that shit.

You can't play through something if you literally can't walk . His leg was basically dead. That's how cramps work. This isn't a hurt shoulder or sprained ankle where it's about playing through pain. He couldn't even take two steps forward what good would he have done to his team by "playing through that shit"?

Im absolutely disgusted trolls or not about this Lebron gave up on his team crap. I've had cramps on the court and I actually had to stop playing for days...so I dont understand how nerds on a video fucking game forum judging this shit and they've probably havent done a second of physical activity in their whole lives

hahahahaha

oneHeero

If I were the Heat, I would file a formal protest.

I'm the farthest thing from a Heat fan on the face of the earth, but that was fucking bullshit. Given the Heat's heavy reliance on LeBron, Bosh and Wade (and their collective ability to play high minutes), the heat issue disproportionately impacted them. Where the Spurs have such a deep bench they could give everyone 20 minutes and still produce wins, the Heat can't do that and win. Their bench is far less reliable, and the Heat's "big 3" typically represent 70% or more of the scoring. In general, the more minutes you play, the more fatigued you get...but tonight, it was fatigue squared.

LeBron was probably suffering from heat exhaustion. What he needed was an IV. You can't drink away heat exhaustion and cramping of that type because the stomach has to absorb the liquid before your body gets access to it. Their team doctor should have been on top of that shit and honestly, he shouldn't have a job if he couldn't recognize that or see it coming before it happened.
Hahaha not a heat fan but using this crazy logic. Heat don't have a bench and spurs do so Miami should file a formal protest. Lmao

Shun

As much as I love Kawhi Leonard and the Spurs, there was a real possibility we would have lost tonight.

Kawhi Leonard showed up on guarding his man, but his offense, ball-handling, and IQ was horrendous tonight. Missed shots and turnover passes throughout the first 3 halves. Dude needs to wake up, one of his worst games in the postseason.

That said, Lebron fucked his team over. Shit was hilarious and I guess Lebron forgot about playing like it's Game 7. Dude looked like he didn't want a 3-peat. I don't want Lebron to get an injury that ends his postseason but all the other players are tired and dealing with it on both sides.

Wallach

Im absolutely disgusted trolls or not about this Lebron gave up on his team crap. I've had cramps on the court and I actually had to stop playing for days...so I dont understand how nerds on a video fucking game forum judging this shit and they've probably havent done a second of physical activity in their whole lives

hahahaha

jman2050

the people who think the heat was an advantage for the spurs are just as silly as the people who think lebron was faking his injury

The heat was not an advantage. Playing against a team without their best player for the last 8 minutes was the advantage.

Some things you can't play through. You can't "tape up" cramps or heat exhaustion. If a muscle won't work, you can't even walk, much less run and jump. And heat exhaustion is actually quite dangerous.

I blame the team doctor for letting him get to that point.

Thanks for the laugh :lol

Trey

Why you so touched? lol

Everyone is literally kidding. It's not that serious.

Ran Ran

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

Squalor

San Antonia planned the faulty AC just like San Francisco planned that Super Bowl power outage . . .

Good grief, people, just stop.

I'm the farthest thing from a Heat fan on the face of the earth, but that was fucking bullshit. Given the Heat's heavy reliance on LeBron, Bosh and Wade (and their collective ability to play high minutes), the heat issue disproportionately impacted them. Where the Spurs have such a deep bench they could give everyone 20 minutes and still produce wins, the Heat can't do that and win. Their bench is far less reliable, and the Heat's "big 3" typically represent 70% or more of the scoring. In general, the more minutes you play, the more fatigued you get...but tonight, it was fatigue squared.

LeBron was probably suffering from heat exhaustion. What he needed was an IV. You can't drink away heat exhaustion and cramping of that type because the stomach has to absorb the liquid before your body gets access to it. Their team doctor should have been on top of that shit and honestly, he shouldn't have a job if he couldn't recognize that or see it coming before it happened.

A formal protest wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on.

You can't play through something if you literally can't walk . His leg was basically dead. That's how cramps work. This isn't a hurt shoulder or sprained ankle where it's about playing through pain.

I have had cramps, man.

If I'm LeBron, I say call time outs until we are all out.

Dude was sitting on the bench, knees bent at the 4 minute mark. I would have been yelling a the trainers to do whatever they fuck they needed to to loosen my leg up.

Again, this is the fucking Finals.

tarheel91

I don't think you understand what real cramps are. These are not the "Oh, let's play some basketball after drinking soda and now my stomach is cramping up a bit" cramps. These are the "Holy shit, I literally can't move my leg it's cramping so bad" cramps. Anyone who thinks you can play through cramps actual athletes get have never actually had them.

I say that as a Heat hater and as someone who's sick of the coverage Lebron gets.

Subitai

AC saved Spurs from 23 turnovers. They should have lost.
cramping isn't exactly something you can control and criticizing him over it is really stupid and beyond reaching for something to fault him for.
I've had my leg turn into a log hanging off my waist after overworking it on top of a small injury. The first time it happens you don't know how to handle it. I blame the coaching staff for this one as these are the things that they're supposed to worry about more so the players don't have to as much.

Spo should have taken him out sooner to make sure he was drinking enough. Everyone saying the broken AC doesn't change anything is correct in most instances, but when you're pushing the envelope playing any guy that much you have the presence of mind to tell a couple of guys on your staff to monitor everyone.

I have had cramps, man.

If I'm LeBron, I say call time outs until we are all out.

Dude was sitting on the bench, knees bent at the 4 minute mark. I would have been yelling a the trainers to do whatever they fuck they needed to to loosen my leg up.

Again, this is the fucking Finals.

The trainers were working on him. There's not a whole lot you can do. You are being unreasonable based on the fact that it's LeBron.

I don't think you understand what real cramps are. These are not the "Oh, let's play some basketball after drinking soda and now my stomach is cramping up a bit" cramps. These are the "Holy shit, I literally can't move my leg it's cramping so bad" cramps. Anyone who thinks you can play through cramps actual athletes get have never actually had them.

I say that as a Heat hater and as someone who's sick of the coverage Lebron gets.

See my above post.

So everyone else posting here is a nerd but you, yet you post here...

Shun

These comments are getting stupid. Other people weren't dealing with cramps. This is not rocket science. Lebron can't mind control cramps

Doesn't excuse the way he acted throughout the time he was injured. Tony Parker had shit with his hamstring and ankle, did he make a big scene about it?

JVG called Lebron out for his shit too.

Lebron did this shit 3 TIMES and what did he do when he was out? Just chilling on the bench. At least when Chris Paul does this, he stretches and tries to improve the situation. Lebron? Just chilling the first 2 times.

The trainers were working on him. There's not a whole lot you can do. You are being unreasonable based on the fact that it's LeBron.

Go back and watch the game. He is sitting on the bench, bent over. He isn't on the floor, getting stretched out. Dude quit and thought, we'll get em in Game 2. Seems pretty clear to me.

So because the Spurs have a better overall team, the Heat should protest because it's their own fault they have to rely on a lesser amount of players? What?

tarheel91

See my above post.

Again, this isn't something you stretch out. There are different kinds of cramps. You are done. Period. You've apparently only had the kind of cramp where you stretch for a few minutes and you're good. He'll hardly be able to walk for the rest of the day. If Game 2 were tomorrow I'd be concerned about his ability to play at a competitive level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom