• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im absolutely disgusted trolls or not about this Lebron gave up on his team crap. I've had cramps on the court and I actually had to stop playing for days...so I dont understand how nerds on a video fucking game forum judging this shit and they've probably havent done a second of physical activity in their whole lives

etovyfczvdksq3gjyc9u.gif

Enker

Well they all played under the same conditions. Whatever, it was shady.

But Miami has shown in every series that they let teams hang around, remember the Nets could not score ONE POINT in Five minutes, and Miami barely won.

So blame the temps, it makes it more fun to listen to the next day anyways.

Don’t remind me...

Cue sportswriters trying to make a “Heat can’t take the heat” joke.

Im absolutely disgusted trolls or not about this Lebron gave up on his team crap. I've had cramps on the court and I actually had to stop playing for days...so I dont understand how nerds on a video fucking game forum judging this shit and they've probably havent done a second of physical activity in their whole lives

u mad

lol

Squalor

The lack of AC saved the Spurs . . . despite the fact that they Spurs played in no AC.

People, stop.

LeBron quit on his team.

People, stop.

Hahaha not a heat fan but using this crazy logic. Heat don't have a bench and spurs do so Miami should file a formal protest. Lmao

You're a bright one, aren't you. I'm a Cavs fan. You tell me who you think I'm pulling for to win rings this year. I'm sure you're smart enough to come to an intelligent conclusion there.

Yes, I think the ridiculous heat situation disproportionately impacts the team that needs a handful of guys to play 35-40 minutes each game compared to the team that only needs 25-28 spread across 10 players. And yes, I would have filed a formal protest. A formal protest doesn't change anything. It's just an expression of disapproval for conditions that affected the game.

If I were the Heat, I would file a formal protest.

I'm the farthest thing from a Heat fan on the face of the earth, but that was fucking bullshit. Given the Heat's heavy reliance on LeBron, Bosh and Wade (and their collective ability to play high minutes), the heat issue disproportionately impacted them. Where the Spurs have such a deep bench they could give everyone 20 minutes and still produce wins, the Heat can't do that and win. Their bench is far less reliable, and the Heat's "big 3" typically represent 70% or more of the scoring. In general, the more minutes you play, the more fatigued you get...but tonight, it was fatigue squared.

LeBron was probably suffering from heat exhaustion. What he needed was an IV. You can't drink away heat exhaustion and cramping of that type because the stomach has to absorb the liquid before your body gets access to it. Their team doctor should have been on top of that shit and honestly, he shouldn't have a job if he couldn't recognize that or see it coming before it happened.

It's like the Spurs were immune to the heat in the arena. It affected them as much as the others.

Sanjuro

All the LeBron defenders are foolish.

LeBron could have still crawled out there and played. A crawling LeBron is still better than a healthy Tony Parker.

charsace

Seems like a lot of posters didn't take part in sports on the grade school and HS level. I played FB and BB during this period and everyone, including myself, had issues with hot weather.

yuraya

In Lebrons defense he is the most active dude on the floor. Defending point guards and attacking the rim. He runs full speed more than any other player on either team. Plus he is like 260.

Go back and watch the game. He is sitting on the bench, bent over. He isn't on the floor, getting stretched out. Dude quit and thought, we'll get em in Game 2. Seems pretty clear to me.

Dude. I have cramped while playing ball before. Once it happens in the legs, you're done. If you try to play more, you lock up worse. That is exactly what happened when lebron came back in.

There is nothing his body could do. He didn't quit. He could not play. I know because I've been through it. It sucks. Did Kobe quit in the 2000 finals from the ankle sprain?

I wish it didn't happen to him.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I like the irony of a team named "Heat" losing a game because it was too hot in the building. lol

Look, both of these teams played in the same damn building. No team had a distinct advantage over the other. Now, if you want to argue the absence of LeCramp played a part in their downfall, fine. Blaming it on the AC, doe? Weak.

Fjordson

The real issue isn't even cramps, but how Miami completely broke down without Lebron. I figured they were in trouble, but that was shocking.

Homeboyd

I don't think you understand what real cramps are. These are not the "Oh, let's play some basketball after drinking soda and now my stomach is cramping up a bit" cramps. These are the "Holy shit, I literally can't move my leg it's cramping so bad" cramps. Anyone who thinks you can play through cramps actual athletes get have never actually had them.

I say that as a Heat hater and as someone who's sick of the coverage Lebron gets.
Just play through it man!

But look! A crocodile just walked on the floor and bit off his foot.

DUDE, I'VE BEEN BITTEN BY AN ANIMAL BEFORE. MAN UP. IT'S THE FINALS.

But, he actually died. Look, his heart stopped beating... They're taking him out in a hearse.

FINALS DUDE.

Shun

Lebron aside, Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green were huge liabilities in the first 3 quarters of the game.

Bad plays, turnovers, missed shots.

These guys need to wake up, especially if Parker's injury comes back up.

lol @ anyone thinking the Spurs win tonight

I didn't know the refs were gonna come out with a vendetta against Lebron. I'll rephrase it. Assuming Lebron doesn't get called for 4 bullshit phantom foul calls in the first 6 minutes, then lol @ anyone thinking the Spurs win today.

No. It won't really be close.

No to the Spurs winning, and then "it won't be close" to the margin by which the Heat will win.

Where you at, MVP? Busy typing up excuses or moving the goal posts?

Crosseyes

Banned
Jeez guys.

The A/C malfunctioned. One team lost their best player with injury conditions he couldn't play through. The other team didn't.

No grand conspiracies or anything to overanalyze on Lebron here. One team got more adversely effected by a totally unpredictable and unlikely condition.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Man, I want to go to a spurs games, anyone know when they start selling the next game tickets? I looked at the one for sunday upcoming and it costs $1000 buckaroos for the only seats available, SHIT.

Pimpwerx

LeBron got cramps. That's the game. We were playing well until then.

Lots to be pleased with. Defense was sharp in the second half, until Bron went down. On offense, we got good looks for the shooters. Bosh also didn't eat a turd sandwich.

The Heat are going to win this series. Like I said last series, you only need to split the road opener. The order doesn't matter. The playoff buzzsaw comes back out Sunday. PEACE.

Jeez guys.

The A/C malfunctioned. One team lost their best player with injury conditions he couldn't play through. The other team didn't.

No grand conspiracies or anything to overanalyze on Lebron here. One team got more adversely effected by a totally unpredictable and unlikely condition.

Nope. LeBron faked it for attention and the Spurs intentionally broke their own AC. Because Vince McMahon apparently runs the NBA.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
All the LeBron defenders are foolish.

LeBron could have still crawled out there and played. A crawling LeBron is still better than a healthy Tony Parker.

Chalmers should have been carrying around Lebron on his back. You know, returning the favor a bit.

Me. It's like your paralyzed. How the fuck was he sitting on the bench after that, lol? I honestly think he started faking it for attention at some point.
ITT: People have never had a cramp, have never seen a cramp, and don't know what heat exhaustion is.

Carry on, gentlemen. Enjoy the circle jerk. I'll come back tomorrow when people are a bit more objective.

I can see why NBA gaf was banned now .

jman2050

I'm pretty sure the Spurs don't get six straight wide open 3s if Lebron were on the floor.

It really just ruined what was otherwise a great game. The result doesn't even matter, it just put a damper on the entire thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom