• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
When LeBron wasn't winning and had to carry rec league level talent he was still getting hate.

Winning doesn't mean shit. People know Durant will never be that good so he doesn't get the attention. Kobe and Jordan dickriders fear that LeBron will pass them so everything that happens is

KOBE/JORDAN WOULD HAVE DID X IF Y HAPPENED! LOL LEBRON

Bullshit! People hate Lebron because:

1 the decision- "taking my talents to south beach" corny ass shit. Had he just gone to the heat without the decision things would have been
2. He doesn't many "that shot" moments like Jordan had. People forget all the shit Lebron does that doesn't show up in highlight reels. He's just not that kind if player.
3. He has dispeared in games that Jordan or Kobe would never disappear in.
4. Lebron app- really?
5. When he plays he showboats after every dunk and wines at every call.
6. He appears to be a freight train as opposed to being more skilled. This is bs, Lebron has amazing basketball iq and is an incredible playmaker.

Espi

Banned

1 the decision- "taking my talents to south beach" corny ass shit
2. He doesn't many "that shot" moments like Jordan had. People forget all the shit Lebron does that doesn't show up in highlight reels. He's just not that kind if player.
4. Lebron app- really?
6. He appears to be a freight train as opposed to being more skilled. This is bs, Lebron has amazing basketball iq and is an incredible playmaker.

1. Who cares, honestly? because if he had went to their team they would be praising him.
2. He's not that kind of player. Cool. I don't see why that even matters.
3. Revisionist history. In 25 years kids will be told stories about how Jordan beat God in a 1v1.
4. If social media was around when Jordan or Kobe were in their primes they would have gotten one too.
5. So, pretty much what every player has ever done in the history of the NBA?

No player in the NBA has ever fouled anyone, and no one has ever missed a shot on their own, they were always hit in the elbow or something.

BadAss2961

East has been terrible for over a decade. You either need to recognize and accept that or stop watching basketball.
The East has been terrible, but Miami's best competition in the conference have been hurt as well... The Bulls are always fucked up. Indy didn't have Granger last year -- could've been the difference in a tough 7 game series. Brooklyn didn't have Lopez this year, who obviously would've been huge against Miami.

Things have even worked out for them against the cupcakes. Like Al Jefferson getting injured in game 1.
And they have 3 star players just like most all NBA champs have had. They all have at least 2 all stars and a possible 3rd. Hell the Spurs have had that their entire run with Duncan.

To discount whatever Miami does because they have stars would mean you discount all Lakers championships, all Celtics championships, and basically any great team/dynasty.

Not true. Miami has 3 perennial all-star players on their team. Plus arguably the greatest shooter of all time (he's still got it) coming off the bench. I don't recall ever seeing something like that in my lifetime. Duncan has been consistent mostly his whole career, but Tony Parker hasn't really been considered a "star player" until recent years. Ginobili is solid, but not a star. Not even borderline.

I'm not discounting what they're doing, just stating the obvious that they have a huge advantage over everyone else.

if spurs win game 2. they take series in 5.

leonard will have a better offensive game. if and when splitter stop being a pussy against miami defenders. no hesitation and quick cuts and strong finishes. spurs rotation and movements are even better.
splitter. stop being a pussy.

game 1 was all i needed to see spurs defensive pressure against the heat. and they‘ve stepped it up this year.
no doubt.

miami‘s in trouble. this ain‘t going to be a repeat of yesteryears game 1 loss followed by series win.
spurs knows full well what miami is capable of. they ain‘t fucking up this time. i refuse to believe it.

what happened to that dude mvp? guess he only crawls out from his rock after a miami win. pathetic.

Doc Holliday

1. Who cares, honestly? because if he had went to their team they would be praising him.
2. He's not that kind of player. Cool. I don't see why that even matters.
3. Revisionist history. In 25 years kids will be told stories about how Jordan beat God in a 1v1.
4. If social media was around when Jordan or Kobe were in their primes they would have gotten one too.
5. So, pretty much what every player has ever done in the history of the NBA?

No player in the NBA has ever fouled anyone, and no one has ever missed a shot on their own, they were always hit in the elbow or something.

1. A lot people, we were discusing all the hate he gets.
2. You're right he's not that player. However he invites comparisons to those kind of players like Kobe and MJ.
3. Not revisionist history, Jordan played in the 80's and 90's not 1912. There is video and many of us were old enough to watch him play.
4.They did got a lot of shit, Kobe more than MJ. Remember all the shit Kibe got during the king and trailblazers series?
5. No...Shaq and Wilt got similar hate that Lebron gets now. It's the physical bully appearance.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
KD has much fewer haters cos he isn't winning anything. When you're on top, you get hate. That's how social media works..

That's not true, I don't think KD IF he starts winning championship will ge the same amount of hate as LeBron.

I don't mind LeBron he is the best player of his generation, but you reap what you sow. The Decision was completely retarded and people will always give him shit for that.

Fjordson

Why are people so surprised Lebron and the Heat are hated? Have you seen the poll on ESPN? It's like a FDR landslide with only Florida rooting for them.

How anyone would be surprised is a mystery to me.
Yeah, people need to move on. The Heat as presently constituted will never be liked by many people. Fans are allowed to dislike teams and players.

Fuck da Heat and Lebron

BadAss2961

if spurs win game 2. they take series in 5.

leonard will have a better offensive game. if and when splitter stop being a pussy against miami defenders. no hesitation and quick cuts and strong finishes. spurs rotation and movements are even better.
splitter. stop being a pussy.

game 1 was all i needed to see spurs defensive pressure against the heat. and they‘ve stepped it up this year.
no doubt.

miami‘s in trouble. this ain‘t going to be a repeat of yesteryears game 1 loss followed by series win.
spurs knows full well what miami is capable of. they ain‘t fucking up this time. i refuse to believe it.

what happened to that dude mvp? guess he only crawls out from his rock after a miami win. pathetic.
Spurs winning game 2 would impress me -- I might even think sweep. Heat fans should be legit shook if they lose on Sunday, because Miami ALWAYS bounces back after losing game 1.

Expect Joey Crawford to show up too. :p

Fjordson

Spurs winning game 2 would impress me -- I might even think sweep. Heat fans should be legit shook if they lose on Sunday, because Miami ALWAYS bounces back after losing game 1.

Definitely. Miami has lost plenty of game 1's before. Defending home court on Sunday would be huge.

Doc Holliday

If it was 2-3-2-1 I would disagree with you. But with the new format and the Spurs being the Spurs, Heat need to win game 2 to win the series imo.

BadAss2961

Yeah, people need to move on. The Heat as presently constituted will never be liked by many people. Fans are allowed to dislike teams and players.

Fuck da Heat and Lebron
Yup. Only Miami has this huge defense force where it's supposedly not okay to hate them -- all because of that jerkoff LeBron. lol

Even the Yankees, who Miami has nothing on as far as haters go, never had such a strong defense force of people that aren't even fans of the team, sometimes not even fans of the game.

I guess I can post this here but it looks like the Jazz have hired Quin Snyder as Head Coach.

Jazz Nation

BREAKING NEWS: This is now official. Utah Jazz next head coach is Quin Snyder. Team is expected to hire Brad Jones as an assistant and promote Alex Jensen to bench.
Snyder's deals is 3 years guaranteed, plus a team option. More info on Coach Snyder and developing news can be found in the comments.

Pastry

Banned
Not true. Miami has 3 perennial all-star players on their team. Plus arguably the greatest shooter of all time (he's still got it) coming off the bench. I don't recall ever seeing something like that in my lifetime. Duncan has been consistent mostly his whole career, but Tony Parker hasn't really been considered a "star player" until recent years. Ginobili is solid, but not a star. Not even borderline.

I'm not discounting what they're doing, just stating the obvious that they have a huge advantage over everyone else.

Wut did I just read. You refer to Bosh as a perennial all star and in the next sentence refer to the greatest power forward of all time as just consistent. The 2007 Finals MVP, 3x champ and 6x all star apparently just became good at basketball. And somehow Ginobili is just a solid basketball player, that's it. Are you watching the same NBA I am?

Wut. Bizarro world we're in.

Fjordson

I swear to god, if Joey Crawford refs game 2...
Hell yeah!

Crawford+gif.gif

Also, typing Joey Crawford gifs into Google brought this one up. Never seen it before lmao.

stephen-curry.gif

Dude goes right in front of Curry :lol

BadAss2961

Wut did I just read. You refer to Bosh as a perennial all star and in the next sentence refer to the greatest power forward of all time as just consistent. The 2007 Finals MVP, 3x champ and 6x all star apparently just became good at basketball. And somehow Ginobili is just a solid basketball player, that's it. Are you watching the same NBA I am?

Wut. Bizarro world we're in.
I meant that Duncan has consistently been a legit superstar for nearly his whole career (he's slowed down in some recent years), while Tony Parker hasn't, and Ginobili isn't one.

Pastry

Banned
I meant that Duncan has consistently been a legit superstar for nearly his whole career (he's slowed down in some recent years), while Tony Parker hasn't, and Ginobili isn't one.

Okay I can see that in your post now. But between Gino and Bosh who deserves to be in the HOF more? Gino by a country mile.

Where is all this hyper criticism of Durant?
KD's all star teammate is an angry black hole who withholds the ball from him at crucial moments and his coach runs a skeleton offense with little structure, so there are other, juicier targets of criticism on the Thunder for the time being

BadAss2961

Compared to Michael Jordan and KOBE BEAN BRYANT?

Oh ok.
How come those guys are world famous and LeBron isn't? There's an inside joke going on GAF because some guy here didn't even know who he was.

Jordan is a god. But with Kobe, is it just because he's a great Laker? I don't think that's the only reason.

How come those guys are world famous and LeBron isn't? There's an inside joke going on GAF because some guy here didn't even know who he was.

Jordan is a god. But with Kobe, is it just because he's a great Laker? I don't think that's the only reason.
I can't speak for what weird place you speak of where he isn't.

I remember trying to play with groin feeling like it was locking up, reminded me a lot of what Lebron was going through, you try to play but its just no way you can really do so and be effective. Plus we were just playing halfcourt. I think it was tough just trying to give it ago and I really want the Spurs to win, but I want them to go through Lebron.

1 the decision- "taking my talents to south beach" corny ass shit. Had he just gone to the heat without the decision things would have been
4. Lebron app- really?

7. ESPN's shitty slant when covering him, regardless of what team he plays for.

Cloudy

Banned
He doesn't many "that shot" moments like Jordan had. People forget all the shit Lebron does that doesn't show up in highlight reels. He's just not that kind if player.

This is why he isn't as popular worldwide as Kobe and MJ. Most of the time, his game lacks a certain flair

4. Lebron app- really?

Remember when Kobe gave up against the Suns?

LeBron is probably the least selfish NBA superstar since Magic or Bird. He's a phenomenal player whose game has gotten better yearly (the dude couldn't shoot when he first came into the league). People hated him before The Decision - he's hated because every Heir Jordan is hated. And because people act like he's the first super star who gets favorable calls, never mind that the "Jordan Rules" ushered in that bullshit.

LeBron is a better teammate than Jordan and he's not a rapist like Kobe, he gets my dap. And statistically he's the only player who matches or comes close to Jordan. Kobe isn't even in the discussion.
perrating.png

Please...that's like saying Ray Lewis didn't kill someone or O.J. Simpson was innocent.

I didn't see either person kill anyone. I personally BELIEVED OJ was guilty but I couldn't prove it.

We have a court of law for a reason. Whether we believe someone is guilty is irrelevant.

As far as the court of law goes, Kobe isn't a rapist or he would be in a jail cell today.

As a mavs fan I will always hate wade more then lebron. But I'm tired of the narrative that lebron will be better than Jordan. I just don't see it. 4 points in a playoff game? 8 in a finals game? Sorry not GOAT. There.

His own twitter handle has king in the name and was created long before he did much in the league. The decision, the stupid victory parade before they even played a game, he's overly dramatic about everything, he flops, and he along with wade was shown mocking Dirk in the 2011 finals claiming he wasn't sick like reported. Never mind dirk never said or made a big deal about being sick. They never won another game in the series.

F those guys

Cloudy

Banned
And statistically he's the only player who matches or comes close to Jordan. Kobe isn't even in the discussion.

The greatness of Kobe is that he doesn't give a crap about efficiency stats and will shoot from anywhere if he feels he can make it. He does whatever it takes to win and that's why even his haters respect him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom