• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see either person kill anyone. I personally BELIEVED OJ was guilty but I couldn't prove it.

We have a court of law for a reason. Whether we believe someone is guilty is irrelevant.

As far as the court of law goes, Kobe isn't a rapist or he would be in a jail cell today.

man your lakers fandom goes HARD

Wade didn't blow those whistles...I think you are leveling your hate at the wrong guy.
He's a dirty player with a ton of cheap shots but gets away with it with this innocent good guy front. Crushing them in Miami in the finals was so great. But it doesn't fit the narrative for ESPN so them losing in that finals rarely gets mentioned. Even though lebron perfected the art of disappearing in the 4th quarter.

I also think it's funny that only ONE player felt the effects of the temperature and it was Lebron. Not the aging spurs, or wade and his broken knees. And did they work on it when he came out to try to come back in to a close game? Nope he just sat on the bench. That was strange. No stretching. No going into the locker room. No early IV fluid treatment earlier in the game

He's a dirty player with a ton of cheap shots but gets away with it with this innocent good guy front. Crushing them in Miami in the finals was so great. But it doesn't fit the narrative for ESPN so them losing in that finals rarely gets mentioned. Even though lebron perfected the art of disappearing in the 4th quarter.

I also think it's funny that only ONE player felt the effects of the temperature and it was Lebron. Not the aging spurs, or wade and his broken knees. And did they work on it when he came out to try to come back in to a close game? Nope he just sat on the bench. That was strange

It would be funny now to see a player mock James like he did Dirk in 2011. Karma is bi*ch hah

And like I said before, the story wasn't how you guys beat the Heat on ESPN, it was how Miami lost. I had to go to the Dallas Mavs website to find any coverage of you guys after the victory. ESPN was all LeBron all day. Not even any coverage of your parade.

Same thing when the Lakers and Czzz won the previous 3 years...

When Miami won in 2012? They pre-empted every broadcast on ESPN that day and had LIVE coverage of the entire victory parade.

I have NEVER seen ESPN do that for any other team, in any other sport.

And like I said before, the story wasn't how you guys beat the Heat on ESPN, it was how Miami lost. I had to go to the Dallas Mavs website to find any coverage of you guys after the victory. ESPN was all LeBron all day. Not even any coverage of your parade.

Same thing when the Lakers and Czzz won the previous 3 years...

When Miami won in 2012? They pre-empted every broadcast on ESPN that day and had LIVE coverage of the entire victory parade.

I have NEVER seen ESPN do that for any other team, in any other sport.
Yea. They crap drove me nuts. Fortunately we have a great Dallas sports radio station so I could get my fix there. One of the most improbable playoff runs and it was always about what the other team was doing wrong. Mavs sweep the lakers and send. Phil into retirement? What's up with the lakers? And the same things with OKC and Miami

Now imagine if that Mavs team was the celtics.

Yea. They crap drove me nuts. Fortunately we have a great Dallas sports radio station so I could get my fix then. One of the most improbable playoff runs and it was always about what the other team was doing wrong. Mavs sweep the lakers and send. Phil into retirement? What's up with the lakers? And the same things with OKC and Miami

I thought we were friends, man.

Why you gotta cut me deep like that, doe?

:(

The greatness of Kobe is that he doesn't give a crap about efficiency stats and will shoot from anywhere if he feels he can make it. He does whatever it takes to win and that's why even his haters respect him

Sometimes not taking that shot is what it would really take to help his team win. Kobe is my favorite player ever, and I love his fearlessness, but LeBron is a better player.

I also think it's funny that only ONE player felt the effects of the temperature and it was Lebron. Not the aging spurs, or wade and his broken knees. And did they work on it when he came out to try to come back in to a close game? Nope he just sat on the bench. That was strange. No stretching. No going into the locker room. No early IV fluid treatment earlier in the game
Are you just making stuff up? He wanted to come back in but Spo wouldn't let him.

Green scored his 11 points when Bron wasn't in the game.

SAS hit all six threes when Bron wasn't in.

Him not being in messed up rotations, big time.

14-16 is not an avg NBA quarter.

MIA went R.Sherman all night on the Spurs passing lanes.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ESPN really insinuating that teams now will dial-up the heat in the arena to mess with Lebron...wow.

If Spurs woudl've lost I bet none at ESPN would be talking about the A/C issues.

At SC they were outright saying that Heat lost because of the A/C issues. Never mind the fact that Spurs just destroyed the Heat in the 4th quarter, when they finally stopped playing like garbage.

bionic77

Sometimes not taking that shot is what it would really take to help his team win. Kobe is my favorite player ever, and I love his fearlessness, but LeBron is a better player.
First you moonlight for Tammy and now you are shiting on Kobe?

Who are you and what did you do to my Scooter?

I don't understand ESPN's mindset. They know the vast majority of their viewers hate Lebron and the Heat and yet they give them nothing but positive coverage.

It would be like if Fox News suddenly started saying great things about Obama all the time.

I don't understand ESPN's mindset. They know the vast majority of their viewers hate Lebron and the Heat and yet they give them nothing but positive coverage.

They know the vast majority of people hate Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd but they make them the cornerstones of their network and radio programming. People in general like to watch things that they hate so that they can rile themselves up. It's why Floyd Mayweather pulls in record buys despite the fact that he has a fairly unpleasant (for casual fans) boxing style. If ESPN's round the clock coverage today was about Tim Duncan and how nice of a guy he is nobody would give two fucks.

Cloudy

Banned

I disagree. Shooting a great % cos you're bigger than anyone guarding you and are still allowed to bulldoze to the rim doesn't make you better. Being unable to be doubled cos your team is stacked doesn't make you a better player either. And never being in foul trouble cos refs don't call fouls on you certainly doesn't make you better.

Bron is an amazing player but I just can't put him over Kobe.

Kobe would be a better all time player if he'd embraced the concept of efficiency. That's on him.

And Cloudy, I disagree about that last post. We won three chips in large part due to a man who was bigger than everyone else and could bulldoze his way to ridiculous shooting percentages. Is Dirk better than Shaq all time because we need to handicap Shaq for his size?

bionic77

A lot of shooting % has to do with shot selection as much as talent.

Kobe took a ton of midrange 2 point shots and almost always took the low % shot when the defense had the advantage or the shot clock was running out.

Lebron will almost always pass out of those situations and doesn't really have a midrange game.

As with everything stats only tell part of the story. I would say Kobe is the better offense player and Lebron is the better defensive player. But both are great and you could build your team around both. You could argue Kobe never played with as much talent as Lebron but at the same time Lebron never played with anyone as good as Shaq and Kobe also had the greatest coach if all time.

Cloudy

Banned
LeBron has a great midrange game in 2014. I can't stand the dude, but let's be real here.

His shot has improved a lot but he's always wide open cos folks are afraid of the drive lol. I'm not going to hold that against him cos bulldozing to the rim is a talent but he doesn't shoot any contested shots unless he's in the paint..

bionic77

LeBron has a great midrange game in 2014. I can't stand the dude, but let's be real here.

In 2011 this would have been correct.
I have to disagree with the statement that he has a great midrange game.

If you can take away the paint without giving up the 3 you will stop Lebron 7 out of 10 times. There was literally no way to defend Kobe other than bringing help early to get the ball out of his hands (usually required 3 players) or hope he missed when he was in his prime.

You can also say that Kobe got consistently doubled more through his career because people knew he wouldn't pass out of it as much.

I love Kobe to the day I die, but he makes worse decisions. He's also 3 inches shorter and 50 lbs lighter.

I disagree. Shooting a great % cos you're bigger than anyone guarding you and are still allowed to bulldoze to the rim doesn't make you better. Being unable to be doubled cos your team is stacked doesn't make you a better player either. And never being in foul trouble cos refs don't call fouls on you certainly doesn't make you better.

Bron is an amazing player but I just can't put him over Kobe.

Why does his size be a knock on him? Is Iverson better than Kobe because he's smaller and thus, had to take even shittier shots? We're just talking about who is better, not who is funner to watch, or who had a greater degree of difficulty.

bionic77

I still have no idea how Kobe won 5 championships with Konex openly rooting for him.
I am rooting for the Spurs and was so happy last night when Konex declared the game over and that the Heat had won.

Within minutes Lebron got AIDS in his legs and the Spurs scored like 40 points in the last 5 minutes.

bionic77

You can also say that Kobe got consistently doubled more through his career because people knew he wouldn't pass out of it as much.
That's true but he also didn't have as many options as Lebron has now. They didn't run a pick and roll offense either. Triangle is not going to allow you to rack up as many assists.

These debates are so boring as with almost all Lebron talk.

Cloudy

Banned

Kobe always passed when he had reliable options. (Shaq, Pau, Shaw, Horry, Fisher, Sasha etc.) He didn't pass when he knew him shooting over 2 guys was a better option.

bionic77

Kobe always passed when he had reliable options. (Shaq, Pau, Shaw, Horry, Fisher, Sasha etc.) He didn't pass when he knew him shooting over 2 guys was a better option.
This is why I hate these debates about Lebron and whomever. People always manipulate facts to try and prove their point about which players penis tastes better (this is really what fans want and are talking about).

Kobe took a lot of bad shots and forced stuff all the time. But he also had the ability to make pretty much any shot too. If he made it we lost our shit but I would yell at him if he missed 3 in a row too.

otapnam

The greatness of Kobe is that he doesn't give a crap about efficiency stats and will shoot from anywhere if he feels he can make it. He does whatever it takes to win and that's why even his haters respect him

I love how they always praise lebrons passes when he's really just not willing to take the shot half the time

BadAss2961

Are you just making stuff up? He wanted to come back in but Spo wouldn't let him.
When LeBron says that, I wonder exactly when it was that he wanted back in the game. He had already asked to be taken out at least twice, then he literally froze on the court like Bynum Jesus and had to be carried to the bench.

LeBron's decisions have led to his team and himself getting higher pct shots consistently over the years.

Context should be accounted for, which in large part is why I am not a PER dogmatist, but that much at least is beyond debate.

Jag

I love Kobe to the day I die, but he makes worse decisions. He's also 3 inches shorter and 50 lbs lighter.

In general, yes, but let's not forget Kobe passing to Fisher for the game tying 3 at the end of Game 4 in Orlando or Kobe passing to Artest for the dagger 3 at the end of Game 7 against Boston. I'd also throw in there Game 7 against Houston in 2009 when the Lakers used Kobe as a decoy to route the Rockets on the way to the championship.

Yup. Only Miami has this huge defense force where it's supposedly not okay to hate them -- all because of that jerkoff LeBron. lol

Even the Yankees, who Miami has nothing on as far as haters go, never had such a strong defense force of people that aren't even fans of the team, sometimes not even fans of the game.

Not going to deny we are a sensitive bunch but the way I see it, teams like the Yankess, the Lakers, they get hate cause they WIN. Cause they seem to hog the best players and take away your teams chances. People hate on the Heat and mostly on Lebron cause some dumb TV show and a rally that was for us Heat fans. Not for basketball reasons, not even cause he is a bad guy but because he used poor judgement. I find that mind boggling that people still can't get over that. If you are a Spurs fan who hates us for beating you guys last year, that is fine. Pacers fans who hate cause of the rivalry, that is great. It's the rest of the people that don't really have any real stance and are simply haters that bugs me. I never understood hating greatness.

Thanks for posting this. Oh god game 2 was amazing. I still get chills.

Nightmares. That game will haunt this team forever, that was the one. I have never felt that bad after a game of basketball in my life, I didn't even feel as bad when we actually lost the championship. I won't ever get over it, every time we win a championship I will always think it could have been one more.

Nightmares. That game will haunt this team forever, that was the one. I have never felt that bad after a game of basketball in my life, I didn't even feel as bad when we actually lost the championship. I won't ever get over it, every time we win a championship I will always think it could have been one more.

clutchvitzki

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Think of all the Heat games where Bosh or Ray or some other guy hit the winner.

Well that's usually because get Lebron gets doubled most of the time late in games. The guy makes good basketball decisions, unfortunately for him he misses out on being the hero because of his unselfishness. Same rap Magic used to get until the sky hook in 87.

bionic77

Well that's usually because get Lebron gets doubled most of the time late in games. The guy makes good basketball decisions, unfortunately for him he misses out on being the hero because of his unselfishness. Same rap Magic used to get until the sky hook in 87.
Magic scored 40+ in his first finals filling in for that actor from the movie airplane.

Dude was always a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom