• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Not that I'd ever wanna agree or side with Heat fans, but dude didn't fold. They've won back to back championships on Lebron's back. He's the real deal whether you like him or not. He couldn't MOVE
He's the real deal, but he is pretty soft upstairs. This wouldn't be that big of a deal if he didn't have a history of folding.

He kept pulling himself out of the game from before he locked up.

I would agree with this, if Lebron was sucking it up all game, but he wasn't. Lebron was playing great on both ends.

I guess I'm not understanding how an involuntary lock up of the body's muscles provides ammunition for critics. Those kind of cramps return without rest, and they make you sore as fuck.

I don't like the heat. I'm enjoying their fans tears about the L because it was an L, but I didn't want to see it go down like this.

You guys are fighting a battle with the wrong guy here. For this series, it was the smart thing to keep him out, especially since I'd bank on this shit going 7 again. And like I said, Pop would do the same thing in a heartbeat with his starters.

You don't need to explain cramps to me, I kinda understand the concept :p

But you throw personal bias + a probable thought process that Lebron is 'soft', and of course it provides something to harp on him about. That's obvious. You're looking at it logically, they aren't.

I dunno how you can be soft and help take a team to 4 straight finals.

How do you forget 37 in game seven of the Finals. How?!

Internet is a weird place.

BadAss2961

I dunno how you can be soft and help take a team to 4 straight finals.

How do you forget 37 in game seven of the Finals. How?!

Internet is a weird place.
They have 3 star players. Is that not what people expected when they came together?

Plus the East has been both bad and banged up the last couple seasons.

So I rewatched the game entirely last night since I missed some parts and man, I think those Heat fans in here that were crowing about Miami's elite D need kill that noise. San Antonio was getting open threes, especially from the corner the entire night. (Hence the 51% shooting from deep) Getting uncontested layups in the paint. They looked sloppy in the third quarter, when they turned the ball over 9 times, then reasserted themselves in the fourth. I saw no evidence at all that San Antonio cant continue their formula with good success. Boris Diaw causes real problems for Miami with his versatility and ability to create offense off the dribble.

On the other side of the coin, the three areas I saw Spurs vulnerability was Duncan passing out of double teams, Ray Allen/Bosh threes, and Bosh being able to take Duncan, face up, off the dribble, though that advantaged is probably negated by Duncan being able to abuse Bosh in the paint with his back to the basket.

BadAss2961

Any word from Skip Bayless yet?
First Take is on, i'm sure he had a good time. I'll watch it later.
So I rewatched the game entirely last night since I missed some parts and man, I think those Heat fans in here that were crowing about Miami's elite D need kill that noise. San Antonio was getting open threes, especially from the corner the entire night. (Hence the 51% shooting from deep) Getting uncontested layups in the paint. They looked sloppy in the third quarter, when they turned the ball over 9 times, then reasserted themselves in the fourth. I saw no evidence at all that San Antonio cant continue their formula with good success. Boris Diaw causes real problems for Miami with his versatility and ability to create offense off the dribble.

This still boggles the mind. Only on the Spurs is this possible.

No one's trying to hear that shit.

3vYVgRK.jpg

Tell LeBron to bring his cranberry juice next time.

hit me

What team do you like?

Hoo boy the Heat shot selection was terrible when Lebron went out the game. And you're never in a good position when Mario Chalmers is handling the basketball in the fourth quarter of a finals game. Chalmers lost himself a lot of money he would have made otherwise in these playoffs.

otapnam

Hoo boy the Heat shot selection was terrible when Lebron went out the game. And you're never in a good position when Mario Chalmers is handling the basketball in the fourth quarter of a finals game. Chalmers lost himself a lot of money he would have made otherwise in these playoffs.

Wade throwing shit up like it was 2006 or something but nothing falling this time

Jag

Wade throwing shit up like it was 2006 or something but nothing falling this time

You would think they have a game plan when Lebron gets knocked out. It's happened before and happened when he had his 5 fouls.

It's almost if the Heat mentally fold when their Champion is down and the other teams are emboldened.

haha, you think Powerade has their top men looking into Crampgate? I'd love to be a fly on that wall.

You would think they have a game plan when Lebron gets knocked out. It's happened before and happened when he had his 5 fouls.

It's almost if the Heat mentally fold when their Champion is down and the other teams are emboldened.

In Game 5 of the conference finals they almost beat the #1 team in the east, at their house, with almost 0 help from Lebron. I think it's fair to say that yesterday's game was just fucking weird for everyone.

Ambient80

God, sports media and fans have the most spastic reactions to things that are really not that big a deal. I mean, Lebron's legacy tainted because of a muscle cramp? Give me a break....

Jonm1010

Banned
I know he dismisses bulletin board material but all this shit talking around cramp-gate, if and when it starts to fester into the media, is probably gonna make lebron absolutely go off in this series a couple games to try and shut it up.

Double edged sword for the anti-lebron crowd.

mnannola

Why is the whole discussion around Lebron? He cramped up, end of story. I'm sure he will be ready to go game 2.

The Spurs played a freaking amazing 4th quarter last night. Probably one of the best quarters in NBA Finals history. They were on a mission to take that game back.

This series already seems like it's going 7 games, as if there was any doubt before. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Why is the whole discussion around Lebron? He cramped up, end of story. I'm sure he will be ready to go game 2.

The Spurs played a freaking amazing 4th quarter last night. Probably one of the best quarters in NBA Finals history. They were on a mission to take that game back.

This series already seems like it's going 7 games, as if there was any doubt before. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

it's about lebron because he's softer than drake in a goose down pillow fight

flyover

I guess I'm not understanding how an involuntary lock up of the body's muscles provides ammunition for critics. Those kind of cramps return without rest, and they make you sore as fuck.

I don't like the heat. I'm enjoying their fans tears about the L because it was an L, but I didn't want to see it go down like this.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I wanted the Spurs to win, but I didn't feel so good about it afterward. I hate the Heat, but if they lose, I want it to be at full strength.

I also knew today would be a bad day to listen to talk radio and read article comments, but I guess that's true every day.

it's about lebron because he's softer than drake in a goose down pillow fight

That's funny, but he really isn't. The guy misses almost no time. I'd wager nobody's played more minutes than him over the last four or five years. Well, Thibs probably still has Jimmy Butler running around a court at this very minute, somewhere...

agrajag

Banned
All that game shows is that Lebron needs more help and the Heat lack talent. He leaves and the team falls apart.

There's so much cognitive dissonance to be found in Heat haters. When they win, it's because LeBron had so much help, when they lose it's because LeBron is the only good player on the team.

Jonm1010

Banned
All that game shows is that Lebron needs more help and the Heat lack talent. He leaves and the team falls apart.

This is true.

When your star player goes out and your other two "stars" allow the other team to go on a 36-9 run(or whatever it was) I think you officially just lost the ability to call yourselves the "big 3."

If anything this game showed me just how pivotal Lebron is to that teams success. They looked like a lottery team out there without him.

flyover

That says far more about his "critics" than it does about him. They're idiots.

Thank you.They're not looking at this event as evidence that can persuade them one way or another. They're using it as a convenient tool to confirm a bullshit narrative they wrote for LeBron years ago. (I always root against LeBron on the court, but some people are ridiculous when it comes to judging him for moments like this.)

That says far more about his "critics" than it does about him. They're idiots.

Thank you.They're not looking at this event as evidence that can persuade them one way or another. They're using it as a convenient tool to confirm a bullshit narrative they wrote for LeBron years ago. (I always root against LeBron on the court, but some people are ridiculous when it comes to judging him for moments like this.)

That's basically what I was getting at. Their mind is already made up, no matter what Lebron (or to a larger extend, The Heat) has done. The reality is though, they lost that game because he wasn't there. I think that one's pretty definitive. Everything else is whatever.

Either way I'm a bigger Ray Allen fan anyway :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom