• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4Lukins

Refs bought the Heat that quarter. How do people justify this shit it's crazy.

The ref argument is super old. Even if we were to assume that one team is going in with a handicap, it does not excuse poor open shooting nor turnovers that did not involve a foul.

The Spurs did not win four championships in recent years because the NBA wanted them to win.

Jonm1010

Banned
I normally like Van Gundy but that comment that basically agreed with Jackson(such an idiot) and blamed Ginobboli for Wade's flop was bush league.

Players are now supposed to just stop playing D because the Heat are floppers and can get you in foul trouble if the refs buy their bullshit theatrics??

I normally like Van Gundy but that comment that basically agreed with Jackson(such an idiot) and blamed Ginobboli for Wade's flop was bush league.

Players are now supposed to just stop playing D because the Heat are floppers and can get you in foul trouble if the refs buy their bullshit theatrics??

Yes, deal with it.

sarcasm

Jonm1010

Banned
Oh and then Van Gundy was talking about how some players earn reputations and sometimes are scrutinized by the refs more and it's on them because they earned that!

....Yet the Heat are the biggest floppers in the league and yet I have yet to see that so called "reputation" stick to them from the refs and punish them for it. If that were true across the board the heat would never get calls.

effzee

His point wasn't to stop playing D but why take the chance there? So far from even the 3 point line and swatting the ball. Especially with 2 fouls.

Anyway great first half but Miami is going to be blown out in the 3rd quarter I feel. No way they win this game.

Feep

Banned
Oh and then Van Gundy was talking about how some players earn reputations and sometimes are scrutinized by the refs more and it's on them because they earned that!

....Yet the Heat are the biggest floppers in the league and yet I have yet to see that so called "reputation" stick to them from the refs and punish them for it. If that were true across the board the heat would never get calls.
The Heat flop, but if you think they flop more than the Clippers, you're crazy.

LQX

Jalen Rose really annoys the shit out of me. Guy is 41 but comes off like he is 21. I wonder who the world finds it funny or cute him trying to sing off key.

Pimpwerx

But it's GINOBLI FFS. He's the king of the floppers. He doesn't know better? He fell for one of his classic traps. PEACE.

effzee

The ref argument is super old. Even if we were to assume that one team is going in with a handicap, it does not excuse poor open shooting nor turnovers that did not involve a foul.

The Spurs did not win four championships in recent years because the NBA wanted them to win.

Of course lets also conveniently ignore that Miami only had 11 free throws the first game. No mention of that but Miami gets more calls this game then why of course it's bought, refs cheating, and of course Stern!

Could it be that instead of settling for 3 and running an offense to set up the 3, they are all attacking the rim?

Pimpwerx

Jalen Rose really annoys the shit out of me. Guy is 41 but comes off like he is 21. I wonder who the world finds it funny or cute him trying to sing off key.
Realtalk, he's awesome on the BS Report. ESPN doesn't let them just be themselves. They have to play a caricature. PEACE.

Jag

But it's GINOBLI FFS. He's the king of the floppers. He doesn't know better? He fell for one of his classic traps. PEACE.

The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!"

Jonm1010

Banned
His point wasn't to stop playing D but why take the chance there? So far from even the 3 point line and swatting the ball. Especially with 2 fouls.

Anyway great first half but Miami is going to be blown out in the 3rd quarter I feel. No way they win this game.
Which is fucking retarded considering he didn't foul him.

He played that completely fine, aggressive, but surprising and smart D can lead to turnovers and the only reason anything happened to him is because the refs fucked up.

untitled-7y7zju.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom