• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melo will be willing to take a pay cut at this juncture. He wants a championship.

Yup, exactly. He got his big payday and his early twenties were spent in NY. That's awesome, but now he wants a championship. And he will have to take a pay cut, and also give up being the first option (to brick 20 shots *giggle*) in Miami because he really wants a championship. It all comes down to whether he wants a ring or not. Everything else will be taken care of by the godfather in south beach.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Yeah, if you want to see what happens to a player who drives to the basket with no regard to his health just go back and watch wade when he was younger. there's a reason he's all banged up these days.

It's a good way to destroy your body if you try to keep it up 90+% of the time.

Great article on Chris Bosh. Say what you want about the Heat, he's just a likable, honest guy.

He is definitely my favorite Heat player. Like Doc Holliday mentioned earlier, he is completely overrated and underrated at the same time, and looks like a freaken raptor. He seems like a standup guy as well.

It's funny though, as a long time Heat fan, even though they are currently killing it right now, my favorite Heat team was definitely during the Pat Riley/Zo/Hardaway era, and their rivalry with the Knicks. It was such an emotional roller-coaster, but so fun to watch.

Takuan

Great article on Chris Bosh. Say what you want about the Heat, he's just a likable, honest guy.

That's a terrific article. I was mad that he sat out his last season in TO despite being healthy enough to play, and the twitter antics leading up to his own "decision", but you cannot deny his abilities as a player and his importance to the Heat.

He's elevated his game and adapted well to playing with two players who dominate the ball. Torontonians like to diminish him as a person and player, but going from option number 1 to 3 is hard for most star players and he found a way to get his team W's in spite of the reduced role.

I'm rooting for the Spurs, but I'm happy the guy's found himself.

Melo on Miami would be a nightmare for the league. I dont care what anyone says, the man is a top 3 scorer and would completely make up for Dwade being on the verge of irrelevance and Ray Allen pushing 40.

Melo on Miami would be a nightmare for the league. I dont care what anyone says, the man is a top 3 scorer and would completely make up for Dwade being on the verge of irrelevance and Ray Allen pushing 40.

Lebron would just spam the drive and kick out and we would score 120 a game
and give up 100 a game too

Jonm1010

Banned
Melo needs to go to the Clippers.

CP3 is probably the only person that can reign in his asshole iso tendencies that kill an offense. Strictly because he will have the ball in his hands every possession and will distribute it properly.

Melo to Miami would kill their Defense and upset the way that team plays. I don't hunk him and Lebron could play together.

Melo needs to go to the Clippers.

CP3 is probably the only person that can reign in his asshole iso tendencies that kill an offense. Strictly because he will have the ball in his hands every possession and will distribute it properly.

Melo to Miami would kill their Defense and upset the way that team plays. I don't hunk him and Lebron could play together.

He's going to Houston, imo

Both really good choices...I would say Houston would be a better fit for him. Melo, Harden, and Dwight would be a killer 3 and the Knicks would be real keen in getting assets like Parsons and possibly bring back Jeremy Lin for dat Asian demographic

Jonm1010

Banned
He's going to Houston, imo

Probably the worst possible "star" team he could choose. So sounds about right for Melo.
Both really good choices...I would say Houston would be a better fit for him. Melo, Harden, and Dwight would be a killer 3 and the Knicks would be real keen in getting assets like Parsons and possibly bring back Jeremy Lin for dat Asian demographic

Really? I think him and Harden are a horrible match. Will be the worst defensive front court in the league and how do you keep Harden and Melo from fighting over being the asshole who takes 30 shots a game?

Rose is damaged goods.

Best basketball decision is Houston.

He can't turn Noah into a 20/10 player. So it'd be best to just go play with one.

Jonm1010

Banned
Who Melo? Bulls if anything.

edit:jonm always hates melo lol.
Haha. And While I am at it I think him and Harden are very overrated.

I do think he could be an absolute force with the Clippers though. Cp3 dictatating when he can get the ball and when it needs to be distributed to everyone else is what he needs to fit successfully on a team IMO. Plus he actually listens to CP3 and CP3 and Doc won't be scared to chew him out.

EDIT: also what rando said, guy is gonna spend.

Yeah, personality wise I think I'd get along with him and Spo the best. But I have to include coach Spo because my in-laws are Filipino.

Also, I went to high school with Michiu Kaku's daughter. True story.

thekad

Banned
Probably the worst possible "star" team he could choose. So sounds about right for Melo.

Really? I think him and Harden are a horrible match. Will be the worst defensive front court in the league and how do you keep Harden and Melo from fighting over being the asshole who takes 30 shots a game?

Dwight/Melo is the worst defensive front court in the league?

Harden played with Westbrook and Durant, the two players with the highest usage in the NBA.

j0hnnix

Melo-heat-jersey.jpg

Jonm1010

Banned
Dwight/Melo is the worst defensive front court in the league?

Harden played with Westbrook and Durant, the two players with the highest usage in the NBA.

I was meaning Harden and Melo. Probably two of the laziest defenders in the league. Shouldn't of said Front Court. Not sure what I was thinking, it's been a long day.

Combine that with their asshole tendencies, offensive flow killing tendencies and no one on the team that can keep either in check on those issues and I think it's a bad fit IMO.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Well looks like it might happen Carmelo Anthony joining Miami Heat and Lebron.

I knew this was possible. Stephen A Smith just said he expects Carmelo to join Lebron, and he predicted Doc Rivers to Clippers, Big 3 coming together months prior to "The Decision."

EDIT: Either 2014 or 2015.

Congrats Heat-Nation. My poor Raptors.
rileylannister_zps51a81505.png

Why wouldn't Melo want to go to Dallas? Play with an aging, effective superstar in Dirk, have a solid SG in Monta, and 3 point shooter in Calderon. Of course the team will be an all offensive team since no one can play defense. Unless they get a killer center.

Jonm1010

Banned
Could Clippers or Rockets even work cap-wise?

If Melo ops in for one year and then enters FA next the Clippers would be sitting at 52 million if they don't pick up their team options. DeAndre comes off next year and the Clips could probably also nab Tyson Chandler, Robin Lopez or a cheaper Jordan if everything falls into place.

Cipherr

Aint nobody going to Dallas. Cuban deserves to wade around in first round exits for a few years after blowing up that incredible championship team over the two years following that ring.

Idiot.

Dirk put in work there for a while before finally getting a team around him to win a ring, and this fucktard lets all the pieces fly away immediately afterwards; throwing them from Chip to Rebuild in like a year or two. Ridiculous.

Why wouldn't Melo want to go to Dallas? Play with an aging, effective superstar in Dirk, have a solid SG in Monta, and 3 point shooter in Calderon. Of course the team will be an all offensive team since no one can play defense. Unless they get a killer center.

Playing in the west with no defense? That team would make the playoffs only to be destroyed.

Melo's best bet would either be to

1)Go to the Heat and make endless Finals appearances due to the East being a shitshow conference

Or

2)Go to a top 5 Western Conference team (Clips,Rockets,Blazers) and become a really good 2nd option

BadAss2961

Melo's best bet would either be to

1)Go to the Heat and make endless Finals appearances due to the East being a shitshow conference

Or

2)Go to a top 5 Western Conference team (Clips,Rockets,Blazers) and become a really good 2nd option
Melo's not gonna 2nd option for anybody. Even if he goes to Miami (yuck), he's getting the most shots, and he'll be taking the game winners.

Melo's not gonna 2nd option for anybody. Even if he goes to Miami (yuck), he's getting the most shots, and he'll be taking the game winners.

Well he pretty much failed being the first option guy in Denver and recently in New York. If he ever wants to sniff the O' Brien trophy he's going to have to concede somewhat offensively

BadAss2961

Well he pretty much failed being the first option guy in Denver and recently in New York. If he ever wants to sniff the O' Brien trophy he's going to have to concede somewhat offensively
So did LeBron until he went to Miami.

Melo would be the first option on that team, and LeBron would have no problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom