• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If Kyle Lowry is not an all star tomorrow it will be a travesty. That dude is dominating right now, flirting with a triple double almost every night.

McFail ran him out of town. Another reason I can't stand him.

ccbfan

It's easy to brush off since the shit you're typing up is stupid shit. The league has had tons of overrated players over decades yet somehow Harden becomes the most overrated player in NBA history? Honestly... just stop.

Also go do some reading about Coleman before you say that.

edit- stupid ipad

Still waiting for names. According to you there's tons.

Plus I watched Coleman when he was in Syracuse since I was a Uconn fan. I saw his first few years for the nets (his best years) and he was never part of the conversation for top 20 player even though he's probably was in a couple years with the Nets, the Nets just got crap coverage back in the day.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Derrick Coleman was never as overrated as Harden.

Coleman was never considered at the top of his position. He was never even considered a top 20 player never mind Harden a top 3 (complete joke).

Considering how easily you brushed off my comment you sure don't have an answer for it?

If it was so absurd it should have been very easy for you too come up with name.

Danny Manning is another one...

DC was considered to be one the top PFs just he played during Malone and CB34's prime years making it hard to even say he was the best

SGs and Centers don't come by very often

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If Kyle Lowry is not an all star tomorrow it will be a travesty. That dude is dominating right now, flirting with a triple double almost every night.

Holy shit, that's insane. The only other big man I can think of who put up assists like that was Chris Webber.

What...is happening here?

Huh? KG put that up regularly during his prime.

ccbfan

Danny Manning is another one...

DC was considered to be one the top PFs just he played during Malone and CB34's prime years making it hard to even say he was the best

SGs and Centers don't come by very often

Heck all this talk about DC have made me realise he might have been underrated. Maybe its just me but I don't remember him getting the public recognition.

Danny Manning though. Hmm, I really don't remember him being rated that high. I know he was hyped up after his Kansas run and Greg Oden was compared to him. He was always kinda a barely borderline all star from what I remember. ( I started watching NBA in 1990) Never third best player in the NBA type.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Still waiting for names. According to you there's tons.

Plus I watched Coleman when he was in Syracuse since I was a Uconn fan. I saw his first few years for the nets (his best years) and he was never part of the conversation for top 20 player even though he's probably was in a couple years with the Nets, the Nets just got crap coverage back in the day.

Waiting for names of players who you don't find overrated from back in the day. How you think Harden is the most overrated player of all time after a few seasons is one of the most absurd things ive read on this forum. I don't think Harden is the second coming and he's not played as well this year, but you're just typing up bs.

The next MJ's... Tmac, Carter and Penny. All hyped beyond belief and all have nothing to show for it. How are they any different than Harden? Just as overrated, but yea a couple seasons of Harden (one great one starting) makes him the most overrated NBA player in history.

Blackace

Huh? KG put that up regularly during his prime.
Valde and Odom did as well... heck Sabonis was better then them all

Heck all this talk about DC have made me realise he might have been underrated. Maybe its just me but I don't remember him getting the public recognition.

Danny Manning though. Hmm, I really don't remember him being rated that high. I know he was hyped up after his Kansas run and Greg Oden was compared to him. He was always kinda a barely borderline all star from what I remember. ( I started watching NBA in 1990) Never third best player in the NBA type.

Really? SI had the quote about DC should have been the greatest but instead he played just well enough to get paid...

Never expect greatness from an Orangeman

Manning was considered a star

Great win for the Clippers who are now just a have back from a tie for second place in the west. I really doubt we are winning tomorrow though. Facing the Warriors on the road on the second game of a b2b is no easy task.

Zep

Banned
Randy Whitman is something terrible. Guy took all the momentum his team had and wasted it on DeAndre Jordan. They were getting any shot they wanted.

McFail ran him out of town. Another reason I can't stand him.

Didn't he run Lowry out of town for Dragic, who also bailed on him? lol

Matrix

Didn't he run Lowry out of town for Dragic, who also bailed on him? lol

lol :(

Yea, but I also think that was somewhat Morey's fault too. I just don't think they wanted to pay Dragic and got caught up in Linsanity.

We were up 22-4 and got blown out, wtf?!

What happened?

I saw the highlights, Durant was unstoppable what are you supposed to do against that. Our 3 pointers were atrocious, total outlier.

Blackace

We were up 22-4 and got blown out, wtf?!

What happened?

I saw the highlights, Durant was unstoppable what are you supposed to do against that. Our 3 pointers were atrocious, total outlier.

Fisher was unstoppable...

Matrix

I think they wanted to pay dragic but tried to powerplay newyork.

Yea, thinking back I believe that's what happened. I'd have to read through the wasteland of the clutch forums to refresh my memory, but I'll pass and take your word.

''In true Houston form, we let them come back,'' Lin said. ''We're happy to sneak away with a win. We always seem to let it go down to the wire.''
"

lol Lin understands Houston sports culture now

Tom Penny

LeBron-James-Tattoo.png

giri

Yea, thinking back I believe that's what happened. I'd have to read through the wasteland of the clutch forums to refresh my memory, but I'll pass and take your word.

''In true Houston form, we let them come back,'' Lin said. ''We're happy to sneak away with a win. We always seem to let it go down to the wire.''
"

lol Lin understands Houston sports culture now

Oh, i think it was a calculated gamble. Morey loves that china money. So they knew that they had a fall back if it back fired.

And Dragic wasn't REALLY getting the burn he deserved.

AcridMeat

Banned
Really? SI had the quote about DC should have been the greatest but instead he played just well enough to get paid...

Never expect greatness from an Orangeman
I have a coffee table book "The NBA Today's Stars Tomorrow's Legends" from a while back that has a nice entry on Coleman. Guy was pretty good for a few years and I remember people talking a lot about him in the years leading up to the 6ers finals appearance in 99 or 00.
MVP's new ink?

snack

Holy shit, that's insane. The only other big man I can think of who put up assists like that was Chris Webber.

What...is happening here?
DeFx6qb.gif

LOS ANGELES -- Before the season began, Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers said his team had a "Big Three," which included Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan.

Rivers would now like to see his "Big Three" in New Orleans for the NBA All-Star Game and has gone as far as lobbying his fellow Western Conference coaches to include Jordan in their vote to make the team as a reserve.

"I got a great response," Rivers said. "But that's why you go under a curtain when you're stumping and they vote real because [they say], 'Yeah, I'm going to vote for him' and then they shift that other lever."

Rivers said many of the coaches he called said they would vote for Jordan while others said they liked him without saying whether they would include him.

"Yeah," Rivers said when asked if he was hopeful Jordan would be named an All-Star. "But it's a lot of guys at that position."

The reserves for the All-Star Game will be announced on Thursday. Griffin was already voted into the game last week as a starter and Paul is expected to be named a reserve.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...coaches-seeking-deandre-jordan-all-star-votes

Okay, that' pretty pathetic.

And lol 2 DAJ being an all-star in the West.

Jefferson better be an all-star.

do we usually know who the selections are before the TNT reveal tonight?

Randy Whitman is something terrible. Guy took all the momentum his team had and wasted it on DeAndre Jordan. They were getting any shot they wanted.

We've easily lost 10 games off coaching alone, maybe even more and I'm not being hyperbolic in the least.

1. He didn't bench Maynor until early January--up until that point our bench was historically bad.

2. Playing Beal 41 minutes a game despite literally just getting off a stress injury for the entire month of December causing him to miss time and now he's on a 30 minute a game restriction for the forseeable future.

3. Ridiculously hilarious end game losses due to some of the dumbest plays in basketball (think Nene long 2's for the win, Ariza iso's).

diehard

Fleer
Big Al had another huge game last night, he is now at 19.3pts and 10.5rbs.. i really hope he is an all-star this year. Great guy that deserves it.

Emwitus

Waiting for names of players who you don't find overrated from back in the day. How you think Harden is the most overrated player of all time after a few seasons is one of the most absurd things ive read on this forum. I don't think Harden is the second coming and he's not played as well this year, but you're just typing up bs.

The next MJ's... Tmac, Carter and Penny. All hyped beyond belief and all have nothing to show for it. How are they any different than Harden? Just as overrated, but yea a couple seasons of Harden (one great one starting) makes him the most overrated NBA player in history.
Harden isn't even close to tmac level. Maybe penny or Carter.... Maybe

ccbfan

Harden isn't even close to tmac level. Maybe penny or Carter.... Maybe

Yeah comparing Harden and TMAC is like comparing Howard and Shaq. Not even close.

Penny was crazy good before injuries. He was basically Lebron light.

Carter though is a good comparison. He might have been as overrated as Harden. I guess with Carter though as least he earns his overrated ness (HE was pretty good as the leader in toronto when he gave a damn) unlike Harden who runs into opposing players trying to flop a foul every play and plays the worst defense in the NBA.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah comparing Harden and TMAC is like comparing Howard and Shaq. Not even close.

Carter though is a good comparison. He might have been as overrated as Harden. I guess with Carter though as least he earns his overrated ness (HE was pretty good as the leader in toronto when he gave a damn) unlike Harden who runs into opposing players trying to flop a foul every play and plays the worst defense in the NBA.

How exactly is this overrated or a bad thing? He's playing the game the way it should be played today, there is nothing more efficient in basketball then getting to the FT line. People hating on Harden for the way hes plays is ridiculous. Maybe guys should just stop fouling him or hate on the league for having the refs call the game like they do if anything.

I understand some people might not find this basketball appealing but discrediting Harden as an overrated player because you don't like the style of his game is silly.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How exactly is this overrated or a bad thing? He's playing the game the way it should be played today, there is nothing more efficient in basketball then getting to the FT line. People hating on Harden for the way hes plays is ridiculous. Maybe guys should just stop fouling him or hate on the league for having the refs call the game like they do if anything.
Why not both?

I cant stand guys who play the rules more than the sport. Harden dropping 35 with 2 made field goals or whatever he did forever pissed me off. He may as well be the GSP of the NBA. Yes, I dislike the rules but chumping out like Harden does is simply not good for the game. Especially when he could just... Not play like a clown.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Correct me if I'm wrong but I always though Harden whole game was ginobli 2.0 except he's on a team where he is option 1 instead of being a 6th man.

otapnam

I understand some people might not find this basketball appealing but discrediting Harden as an overrated player because you don't like the style of his game is silly.

His style isn't as good for the team. He won't always get the calls and his iso play ruins the flow of the game. If you've seen them struggle on offense with him handling the ball its pretty obvious

ccbfan

You know whats funny?

We're only talking about Harden's overrated offense at this point but when you include Harden Defense aka worst in the league (OK STAT might be worse). You're talking about somebody whose a net neutral at best.

When the likes of Steve Blake and JJ Reddick caliber players school your ass every game you don't belong on the basketball court.

ccbfan

Harden has yet to have an above average coach in his professional career. His game will change for the better when he does.

Pop would even allow him on the court with his defense right now.

But then Pop would actually teach him how to be a decent player.

Top Bottom