• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Agreed, but the Bucks have a few young pieces he can build around. He'd probably want to trade away everyone else.

I'll say this. Kidd was always regarded as one of, if not the smartest players in basketball. He was always pegged as a head coach, and he did a solid job getting the team ready for the playoffs. He's certainly better than Larry Drew who has looked overwhelmed by every coaching job he's ever had. I'd give Kidd the job of I was Milwaukee. Shake things up to get off the treadmill.

Because Dan Gilbert is s crazy person. PEACE.

Dan Gilbert would probably be stupid enough to give him what he wants.
Going to start it here. Deron Williams the coach killer does it again Lol.

But in all seriousness, the Nets even retired his jersey he was suppose to be the coach of the franchise for a long time.

jason-kidd.jpg

kidd6.jpg

Fjordson

Wade had his most efficient season of his career last year iirc. Talk of his demise is overblown. PEACE.
Efficient while missing almost a third of the season. Wouldn't happen playing starter's minutes for 70-80 games.

Not that it matters. Miami doesn't need that from him anymore.

Fatalah

Came home ready to read all about the Heat players opting out, and was totally shocked by this Kidd news. So random -- the Bucks?!

At least Giannis Antetokounmpo will get some more media attention out there.

Someone on RealGM had the scoop on Kidd TWO DAYS AGO before the NY Post.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1330298

Wow Surprised Nets power struggle wasnt leaked especially with NBA draft and such happening. Interesting turn of events Nets spend $100 million dollar roster for this dude to coach and he does this. RealGM dude has sources confirming argument between Kidd and owner. Man both Billy King and Kidd have to go. Damn owner spending millions in luxury tax trying to make his team a championship contender, only to get pushed 7 games to the Raps and win a single game against Heat. Change needs to happen.

dream

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 1h
This way, Kidd could come into the franchise and make changes as he sees fit -- which may or may not include him on bench. What. A. League.

Please let that be true.

Beant

Adrian Wojnarowsk
‏@WojYahooNBA

As for U-Turn back to Nets? Likely too late. "Russians are done with Kidd," one source tells Yahoo. Belief is that King is more forgiving.

That sounds... ominous

dream

The only way this could get better is if GM Kidd trades Brandon Knight and gives himself a max deal.

Compensation for Kidd's services ask for Giannis Antetokounmpo or a future first rounder. It would be nice for the Nets to have a first rounder in a drafts in this decade.

Furyous

The Bucks are in great shape moving forward after this news. Let coach Drew time to develop Giannis and Jabari. If they completely tank Jason Kidd is there to pick up the pieces. You're looking at a four year plan. Front office roles seem far less stressful than coaching in my opinion. People might say but it's Milwaukee. Realize that Milwaukee has ATMs and Jason Kidd has enough money to live anywhere in the world so location is unimportant.

Does this mean Mark Jackson goes to Brooklyn? Make it happen someone, please. The Nets could improve upon their season with Mark Jackson in my opinion.

Fatalah

Does this mean Mark Jackson goes to Brooklyn? Make it happen someone, please. The Nets could improve upon their season with Mark Jackson in my opinion.

Mark Jackson in Brooklyn would be pretty great, but ESPN just mentioned he's good friends with Kidd, so Mark may not want to disrespect him.

Still, if Kidd is a good friend, he'd let Mark make his living wherever he can get it.

effzee

Mark Jackson in Brooklyn would be pretty great, but ESPN just mentioned he's good friends with Kidd, so Mark may not want to disrespect him.

Still, if Kidd is a good friend, he'd let Mark make his living wherever he can get it.

If Kidd leaves how would it disrespect him?

Fjordson

I wasn't following the news much yesterday so this is probably old, but they just said on Sportscenter that Miami has a record amount of cap scape? Da fuck? Like an all-time record for the NBA?

I wasn't following the news much yesterday so this is probably old, but they just said on Sportscenter that Miami has a record amount of cap scape? Da fuck? Like an all-time record for the NBA?
Well it helps when the big 3 and Haslem all opt out and Norris Cole is the only Heat player on a contract

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sure, but damn. NBA record?

I guess they're all going back then. Seems that way.

I dunno.

Bosh opting out was a given because he can get a large contract elsewhere. Wade opting out was a given because the Heat will give him a 4 year deal to keep him in Miami for his whole career. Haslem opting out is pretty much the same thing, he'd rather stay in Miami to collect his paychecks and I'm sure he has a handshake deal in place - no way in hell he opts out otherwise.

None of those really tie with what Lebron is doing. Wade and Bosh coming back to Miami doesn't move the needle, its the status quo. They're going to have bring in some other players before he decides to stay.

jwhit28

What could they add to the CBA to prevent players from taking less than market value? The MLB union uses a lot of peer pressure to get stuff done but that's about all I could see as an answer. NFL contracts aren't guaranteed so most people will get the money while they can but you still have players take less money like Tom Brady.

I think the way the rules work right now, Lebron could even take the mid-level exception with any team right now and get a max extension when it expires.

Bowser

Woj reports the Suns are going to make a run at LBJ and Melo. They can offer both guys max contracts and still surround the roster with quality in Bledsoe, Dragic and Plumlee. Also mention that they have 3 first round picks in next year's draft as well.

Fjordson

Woj reports the Suns are going to make a run at LBJ and Melo. They can offer both guys max contracts and still surround the roster with quality in Bledsoe, Dragic and Plumlee. Also mention that they have 3 first round picks in next year's draft as well.
What the...wow. That would be so weird to see them in Phoenix :lol guess it could happen if they have the money.

I think Lebron will be back in Miami personally. Just a strong hunch all of them will be back. And Riley will pull some voodoo bullshit in the 11th hour to get some big free agent and the evil empire will come back even stronger than last year.

A guy with one mediocre year of coaching experience is somehow fit to be a president of basketball operations? What the fuck is wrong with NBA owners? And then come CBA time they will cry about how they lose money are don't have enough parity. Fuckin snakes.

Fox318

A guy with one mediocre year of coaching experience is somehow fit to be a president of basketball operations? What the fuck is wrong with NBA owners? And then come CBA time they will cry about how they lose money are don't have enough parity. Fuckin snakes.

Pretty much this.

Fisher shouldn't even get payed half of what he is getting payed.

And Kid is getting payed well above what he should be getting.

Bowser

Just as in life in general, it's all about who you know. Kidd and Lasry have a personal relationship, Lasry becomes an owner, and whaddya know, here comes Kidd to run basketball ops!

There's a reason teams like the Spurs and Heat succeed, and teams like the Bucks and Cavs flounder perpetually. Thank god MJ wised up, got rid of the yes men surrounding him, and handed the reigns to actual NBA lifers in Cho and Clifford.

jwhit28

I don't know. You can talk about Jackson, Kidd, Kerr, and Fisher's lack of experience but it seems that current players show more respect and want to play for former players. I mean do you think Paul Pierce and Shaun Livingston rather talk to Billy King or Jason Kidd?

Fox318

I don't know. You can talk about Jackson, Kidd, Kerr, and Fisher's lack of experience but it seems that current players show more respect and want to play for former players. I mean do you think Paul Pierce and Shaun Livingston rather talk to Billy King or Jason Kidd?

They why isn't Ewing a head coach?

He has been on the bench as an assistant for a long time now.

Owzers

They why isn't Ewing a head coach?

He has been on the bench as an assistant for a long time now.

is it possible that the nba respects guards more than centers because they run the offense? This Kidd stuff is crazy though, but if he can get a better deal with the Bucks he should go, the Nets traded all their draft picks for old people.

Bowser

cfgardner ‏@cf_gardner 2h
Bucks GM John Hammond and assistant GM David Morway not in jeopardy and no one interviewed for their positions, source said.

Source said situation should be resolved within 24 hours. Bucks offering second-round compensation and Nets want a first-round pick.

League source indicates Bucks only offering Jason Kidd a coaching job, not a front-office position.

lulz, basically Larry Drew just got kicked to the curb. Not a bad move for the Bucks if it happens though, Kidd is probably an upgrade over Drew.

Bowser

What does that Raptors trade mean?

Raptors get quality guard depth and an intriguing 7-footer (16th pick in the 2013 draft). Salmons has a partially guaranteed contract which Atlanta can waive to open up ~$7m in cap space. Seems like Atlanta is going to make a run in FA. Maybe they'll go after someone like Stephenson, Hayward, or Parsons?

zychi

Banned
Melo visiting Bulls first is a Dwade move. He's just doing it to be wined and dined.

@NickFriedell: Interesting part of @SpearsNBAYahoo story on Rose isn't in regards to recruiting Melo. It's that Derrick still isn't sure about Team USA.

That espn spin. Derrick wouldn't make the team because of the healthier players trying out. Why risk losing a player if Rose isn't 100%?

jey_16

Banned
Melo visiting Bulls first is a Dwade move. He's just doing it to be wined and dined.

That espn spin. Derrick wouldn't make the team because of the healthier players trying out. Why risk losing a player if Rose isn't 100%?

Bulls going to be the bridesmaid again. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think much is going to change, Melo will stay in NY and the big three will stay in Miami

Top Bottom