• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

rando14

Rate this plausible lineup GAF.

Curry
Parsons
LeBron
Love
Bogut

Lin
Draymond Green
Ezeli
(filler)
(filler)

post-30107-Justin-Timberlake-WTF-WHAT-gif-ZWRL.gif

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Bulls fans are pissed all over the internet, like they don't know Melo is their teams prime targfet and nothing can happen with Melo before July 10th.....

Bowser

Z-Bo staying with the Grizz:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
After exercising his $16.5M player option for 2014-'15, Zach Randolph has agreed to 2-year, $20M extension with Memphis, sources tell Yahoo.

Woj strikes again

Kobe followed Melo today on twitter.

Boom incoming?

I believe

I don't see it happening. Mitch needs to get a quick yes or no from LeBron and Melo's peeps on Tuesdat and then move on. No sense on wasting each other's time. If they say no (as they likely will) move on to try and brining Pau back on a one year deal (something like. $15 million) and maybe even make a run at Lowry or Lance on a deal that still leaves them enough money to throw around a max contract next offseason. The crazy thing is that all of the free agents potentially thrown about this offseason and next (Lebrom, Melo, Love, LMa if he doesn't reup) are really PFs and it would provably be tough for them to play with Randle. Kid might end up being a trade chip.

Furyous

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2112449-source-heat-raptors-deal-for-kyle-lowry-imminent

The deal, which will consist of the Raptors signing and trading Lowry in exchange for Heat point guard Norris Cole, cash and a combination of future draft picks, can't be officially consummated until sometime after July 1 because Miami is currently over the salary cap and must sort out its position with its existing core of superstars—LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

----

My dream scenario for this entire situation involves either:

A sign and trade of Bosh and Norris Cole for Kyle Lowry. The Heat then push for Melo. That gives the Heat Bron, Lowry, Melo, Jesus, and Wade. The Heat go full villain mode. If you thought the Heat hate was strong earlier then this will ratchet it up to Tea Party levels of hate. The Skip Baselesses of the world have entire screw Lebron segments every day.

or

Rockets trade Harden/Lin/someone else to the Knicks for Melo in sign and trade. They convince Bron and Carmelo to come to Houston. That gives them Bron, Melo, and D12. Knicks are back! Houston is a top tier western team and the Heat are left with the remains of DWade, possibly Lowry, and Bosh. That's a playoff team in the east.

Furyous

How are Lakers not able to sign Lowry outright? Why would you let Miami have him with a S&T?

Pat Riley clearly made a deal with devil and is a part of the illuminati. People vilified the Lakers over the Gasol trade. This trade is next level elite GMing. If this trade goes down HeathaterGAF needs a community post. I won't make it because I'm lazy but someone feel free to steal this idea.

Kyle Lowry is a good player but that might not be enough in the east. If Bron leaves then the Bulls and Pacers are almost a lock to make the eastern conference finals. DWade is done as a superstar if he takes the Manu role and comes off the bench.

This trade makes me mad. If Melo signs for $8 mill a year, Bron and Bosh come back we can cancel the finals. It would take another miracle i.e. 100 percent field goals made in a quarter to beat the Heat in the finals. I mean no disrespect to SpursGAF, so leave me alone.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2112449-source-heat-raptors-deal-for-kyle-lowry-imminent

The deal, which will consist of the Raptors signing and trading Lowry in exchange for Heat point guard Norris Cole, cash and a combination of future draft picks, can't be officially consummated until sometime after July 1 because Miami is currently over the salary cap and must sort out its position with its existing core of superstars—LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

----

My dream scenario for this entire situation involves either:

A sign and trade of Bosh and Norris Cole for Kyle Lowry. The Heat then push for Melo. That gives the Heat Bron, Lowry, Melo, Jesus, and Wade. The Heat go full villain mode. If you thought the Heat hate was strong earlier then this will ratchet it up to Tea Party levels of hate. The Skip Baselesses of the world have entire screw Lebron segments every day.

or

Rockets trade Harden/Lin/someone else to the Knicks for Melo in sign and trade. They convince Bron and Carmelo to come to Houston. That gives them Bron, Melo, and D12. Knicks are back! Houston is a top tier western team and the Heat are left with the remains of DWade, possibly Lowry, and Bosh. That's a playoff team in the east.

I would LOSE my shit if we are be able to get Lowry while keeping our core 3 intact. And Melo too??? darn
X4FbUTY.png
.. If we cant get melo, Lance will be more than good enough for me.

Wade x Bron x Melo.. That way too many unlikable guys (at least according to the impressions about them I get around the internets) in 1 starting 5 lol.

Bucher is apologizing on twitter for how wrong his Lowry s&t rumor was. Said his source set him up.

VyvHFna.png

This fucker lol. I forgot that he was the one who started that rumor last night during the draft and I checked the BR article again, and surprise he was the fuck who wrote that too -_- . He probably don't even have sources.

EDIT: one of the replies "cmon man you Chris Broussard'd us." lmao

Marc J. SpearsVerified account
‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Source: Knicks free agent Carmelo Anthony expected to make decision the 2nd week of July after visiting select teams. http://yhoo.it/TpV1cr
Melo to Bulls.. I can feel it. He ain't going to WC.

Heat fans! Bosh, Wade and Haslem have opt out of their contracts! Yes I said Wade as well. Congrats. Miami Heat Mafia. Heat have record 55M cap space.

Damn. Looks like James' message was heard loud and clear. Going to be interesting to see what Pat Riley has in store for the team given the cap space. Hoping for another Spurs-Heat rematch, although if the Spurs only upgrade is going to be Kyle Anderson then they might as well get the confetti ready for South Beach in 2015. PAIX.

I just don't know how someone can trust the Bulls situation. I would have to workout with Derrick Rose myself.

They won 48 games after losing Rose and with Carlos Boozer not giving a fuck. Yeah, the East sucks. But it will be even worse next year and the Bulls will have some version of Rose back and the best player in Europe joining them.

jwhit28

They won 48 games after losing Rose and with Carlos Boozer not giving a fuck. Yeah, the East sucks. But it will be even worse next year and the Bulls will have some version of Rose back and the best player in Europe joining them.

I think even if D-Rose didn't play. Melo and Noah could get the Bulls to the Finals. It would be like this year when the Western Conference Finals basically decided the championship though.

I wonder what is the lowest they could offer Wade that he would take to keep the Big 3 together? $13mil to Wade, $15mil to Bosh, $17mil to Lebron? Then go after Lowery/Bledsoe and Pau/Gortat. Fill in the bench with Mo Willams and Jordan Hill as well as verterans willing to come along for almost nothing (VC?).

PBY

Banned
I think even if D-Rose didn't play. Melo and Noah could get the Bulls to the Finals. It would be like this year when the Western Conference Finals basically decided the championship though.

I wonder what is the lowest they could offer Wade that he would take to keep the Big 3 together? $13mil to Wade, $15mil to Bosh, $17mil to Lebron? Then go after Lowery/Bledsoe and Pau/Gortat. Fill in the bench with Mo Willams and Jordan Hill as well as verterans willing to come along for almost nothing (VC?).

Yeah, they need to keep the big 3 around 45 milli to be able to do anything significant

Top Bottom