• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Josh Lewenberg ‏@JLew1050 1m

Very close with Dwane Casey… RT @SpearsNBAYahoo Rashard Lewis is expecting interest from Miami, Indiana, Oklahoma City, Toronto, San Antonio

PBY

Banned
Isn't that like MLE level money? Steal for the Clipps if true. Wonder what happens with pierce though. Lakers better not even think about that asshole.

well.. assuming you've resigned to not chipping this year- no part of you is even SLIGHTLY intrigued by kobe x pierce?

zychi

Banned
Pierce was the guy to prove Kobe isn't reliable in playoff crunch time.

6/24, fish and pau saved that series for lakers.

No way kobe lets pierce play with him

PBY

Banned
Pierce was the guy to prove Kobe isn't reliable in playoff crunch time.

6/24, fish and pau saved that series for lakers.

No way kobe lets pierce play with him

Thats why it needs to happen. With randle and yung swaggy p himself. Think of how fun thatd be.

Josh Lewenberg ‏@JLew1050 1m

Very close with Dwane Casey… RT @SpearsNBAYahoo Rashard Lewis is expecting interest from Miami, Indiana, Oklahoma City, Toronto, San Antonio

Toronto and San Antonio are surprising names to be interested in his service. But I think he can fit well in OKC. I think Toronto pursue other players though, SA just wants to get him away from the Heat, and Pacers wanna add a player that can stretch the floor and allow players to drive for PG and Stephenson.

Houston Rockets want to bring back Lowry? My god this franchise doesn't see the value of any of the PGs they had. Dragic, and Lowry.

Former Cavalier players Deng and Hawes seem to be getting a lot of interest. Still shocking how that team didn't even make it into the playoffs and the Hawks did.

With Jason Kidd gone, I see Pierce going to LA for either team, or even return to Boston. I think the Bulls would be a good fit as well

jbug617

Banned
Pierce is getting a lot of calls. You think he will leave KG in Brooklyn?

@ESPNSteinLine: Blazers, Grizzlies, Bulls, Mavericks, Rockets ... teams I'm told called tonight to register interest in Brooklyn's Paul Pierce BESIDES Clips

jbug617

Banned
Irving signed extension with Cavs
@cavsdan:Looking forward to the next 6 years of @KyrieIrving in CLE. Just shook hands &intend to sign on the 10th.Cant be more excited about @cavs...

Woj says it's 5yrs/$90 million

fertygo

Indy should sign Pierce, will helping their offense and bench for sure and he would like chance for a title shot.

Squalor

Wow, Kyrie Irving signed that extension, $90 million total.

And of course Rashard Lewis is interested in playing for the two best teams in each conference.

alba

Little is the new Big
lol, Pierce is gonna get more than the vet min. Bank on a reunion with Doc in LA.

I think that's the most likely result bar something else happening but I can still hope once we sign (if) Melo then it's a pretty attractive situation for vet min guys.

fertygo

lowry should have went to miami

i can't see raps making it to the finals in the near future but with him and big 3 miami would have been a lock for the finals again

Kyle effing Lowry not gonna sacrifice big check for title shot, bet he not even dreaming about it when entering the league.

Zack Lowe's article up today on Grantland doesn't paint a pretty picture for the Hear re: the salary cap and their ability to add significant pieces. After all of this wrangling they might end right where they've been the last couple of seasons, capped out and trying to lure aging vets to sign for low money deals.

Bowser

Zack Lowe's article up today on Grantland doesn't paint a pretty picture for the Hear re: the salary cap and their ability to add significant pieces. After all of this wrangling they might end right where they've been the last couple of seasons, capped out and trying to lure aging vets to sign for low money deals.

Well yeah. There's no way you can pay LBJ the max, retain Bosh and Wade (even at decent discounts) and still add second-tier stars. Everyone thought that LBJ would be willing to take something around $15m-$16m with Miami in order to open up space. With him taking $22m, they're gonna have to try to get guys like Vince Carter and Marvin Williams to take vet min deals.

Well Pierce still hates LeBron x wade and the heat so I think he's still gonna try to take them out

He's failed since he ended LeBrons career in Cleveland

Been said but Indy or Bulls is perfect

But LA reunion with doc would be cool

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They should honestly think about just letting Wade go. They could get 2-3 impact guys instead of Wade, they'd be way better off.

Kobe24

Dianna Marie Russini ✔ @NBCdianna
Follow
Deal between Marcin Gortat and Wizards expected to be complete in the next few hours. #Wizards #NBAfreeagency
8:49 AM - 1 Jul 2014

one domino about to fall

Koko

Banned
BreXUv7CUAMbx39.jpg

BreXvmbCAAAj1gm.jpg

They should honestly think about just letting Wade go. They could get 2-3 impact guys instead of Wade, they'd be way better off.

Ideally they would, it's clearly the best basketball decisions, but realistically they can't. Not after he opted out of guaranteed money. It would make Riley and Arisen look too bad with players and agents and could effect future dealings. They're just sorta fucked when it comes to Wade.

Top Bottom