• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

spyder_ur

Wade been washed up it ain't the same situation.

Washed up? He had a poor finals and there are legitimate questions about his future, but saying he's washed up is silly. Who are these 2-3 players that the Heat could get for (let's say) Wade's $15M?

That being said, what a bizarre situation. The Heat have only Norris Cole under contract and probably are still the betting favorites, right now, to win the title next year.

spyder_ur

They don't really have shit to offer unless Flip Saunders wants Taj Gibson (who is about to be 30) or Carlos Boozer.

They also have Butler, Mirotic who is a promising Euro prospect that is likely coming over this year, and I think all their picks plus at least one other first rounder. They absolutely could compete with other offers, I'm just not sure they want to.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Had no idea Taj Gibson was going to be 30 :O

Part of me gets sick when I see the teams, especially the Bulls begging for a guy like Carmelo to come. If he can't see he has the best chance to win there already, fuck him.

BadAss2961

#ismeloabullyet?
image.php

slabrock

Banned
Ideally they would, it's clearly the best basketball decisions, but realistically they can't. Not after he opted out of guaranteed money. It would make Riley and Arisen look too bad with players and agents and could effect future dealings. They're just sorta fucked when it comes to Wade.

Yeah, doing that would really hurt the rep of the Heat. No way can they talk about Wade being a part of the heat for life then not take care of him without the entire league/agents taking notice.

Squalor

Prior to the Finals Wade was the most efficient SG shooting percentage wise. The NBA doesn't have a lot of elite SGs nowadays so Wade would certainly be able to get a max deal from other teams
Yeah, he was the most efficient mid-range jumper of all shooting guards after missing thirty-plus games.

He doesn't deserve a max contract anywhere.

The NBA has historically been pretty weak at the shooting-guard position, anyway: Jordan, Bryant, West, Wade, and . . . who? Iverson, maybe, to round out the top five?
Andrew Han is thinking outside the box. LeBron to Atlanta, Wade to San Antonio, Bosh to Golden State, Stephenson to the Bucks. Bosh to SAS would be a interesting fit.
I appreciated his answers. He isn't saying these things will happen, but he's also not spouting the same crap every talking head and forum dweller are repeating ad nauseum. And his reasoning was well thought-out.

Bowser

Dunno who this guy is, but:

John Canzano ‏@johncanzanobft 51m
Chris Bosh 5 year deal will return to Heat, per source. Dwyane Wade will re-sign for 4 years in Miami.

John Canzano ‏@johncanzanobft 44m
LeBron will give zero discount to Heat. Will be max money with short duration (1-2 years).

slabrock

Banned

Chris Bosh 5 year deal will return to Heat, per source. Dwyane Wade will re-sign for 4 years in Miami.

LeBron will give zero discount to Heat. Will be max money with short duration (1-2 years).
Let me know when someone with real sources, like Ric Bucher who is never wrong, gives us the scoop

Sumidor

He's an idiot beat writer from Portland. He got pissy a few years back because the Blazers didn't want him around the team.

4 and 5 years are the max years Wade and Bosh respectively can sign for due to that age 36 rule. Guy is trying to pass off obvious fact as news.

RT @WindhorstESPN: Heat telling free agents they'll have $12+ mil to spend, indicating Wade & Bosh ready to take huge pay cuts, sources say

Koko

Banned
Zach Lowe

I've heard flip-flopped #s for Bosh and Wade -- $12M for CB, $10M for DW -- but regardless, those are kind of #s MIA needs to get real space

That's a huge pay cut for both, but specially for Bosh. (If any of this is true)

BadAss2961

If Wade actually takes $10 million a year, that is a fair price for what he's worth now.
For a guy that still gives you 20 points a game. I disagree. Especially when he had a deal worth what? 20m+ that he left on the table? It's a joke.

I still don't believe LeBron's gonna take their money.

PBY

Banned
For a guy that still gives you 20 points a game. I disagree. Especially when he had a deal worth what? 20m+ that he left on the table? It's a joke.

U mad huh

Still can't believe that bosh cut tbh

Squalor

No, for a guy whose per-forty-eight production has slipped every year and whose ability to remain on the court has also slipped dramatically every year.

Siegcram

He plays like 40-50 games a season now. His avarages are pretty meaningless with all the games he gets to sit out.

Yet they're still down across the board.

BadAss2961

He chose this. He had 2/42. He turned that down. No team is giving him more than that for more years
No team would give him a max, but he'd certainly get way more than $10m a year.

And yeah, he chose this... If these numbers are accurate, he's a sucker. So is Bosh.

BadAss2961

Dudes are suckers and betas for wanting to put their team in a place to compete for championships.

Oh ok.

#BuiltnotBought
Then explain to me why they're letting LeBron get the max, basically taking money right out of their pockets. How is that not beta?

zychi

Banned
You guys realize Wade makes a shit ton of money off Li-Ning and is a stakeholder in the company?

It's also rumored he's bringing Lebron over from Nike after Lebron got mad at Nike for the 11s.

These guys aren't losing much by taking pay cuts, when you factor in how much they make outside of the NBA. I think Lebron's whole max contract issue(which is an ESPN report and not Woj or an actual credible source) is that he wants to be the highest paid on his team. I don't think he NEEDS max, just highest paid.

Then explain to me why they're letting LeBron get the max, basically taking money right out of their pockets. How is that not beta?

Because if he leaves, they suck. And because he carried this team like it was 2010 in Cleveland. I know you're use to non-dancing hermits that are afraid of yielding to better players, but Wade and Bosh are just being realistic.

Kills me to see entire seasons of slander and shit talking thrown at Bosh and Wade, but when they take less money (as you would think they deserved no more than $5 mil, from the clowns here), now they're still getting shit.

If you get paid less than the market would give you, you're always letting someone "take money out of [your] pocket": it's just usually the ownership in that instance.

BadAss2961

Because if he leaves, they suck. And because he carried this team like it was 2010 in Cleveland. I know you're use to non-dancing hermits that are afraid of yielding to better players, but Wade and Bosh are just being realistic.

Kills me to see entire seasons of slander and shit talking thrown at Bosh and Wade, but when they take less money (as you would think they deserved no more than $5 mil, from the clowns here), now they're still getting shit.

If you get paid less than the market would give you, you're always letting someone "take money out of [your] pocket": it's just usually the ownership in that instance.
Beta to the fullest. Giving up tens of millions of dollars not so you can improve the team, but just so LeBron can get the max.
Rose WAS at the Melo meeting.

This changes EVERYTHING.

64rtLLT.gif

Bowser

Dude, no one is giving Wade a contract at $10m per or more besides the Heat. Stop trying to argue that they would.

Koko

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 9m

Jodie Meeks has agreed to a three-year, $19 million-plus contract with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Meeks getting paid.

Top Bottom