• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

BadAss2961

The problem is with the stupid caps that the owners claim are all about preserving competitiveness and parity when in reality are just excuses for them to keep more of the profits. The problem is not Gordon Hayward making $15 million a year. The money is there to pay him that. The problem is that's LeBron James is literally ten times better and more valuable than him but can only earn $5 million more. There are probably like 10-15 mlb players who will earn more than Bron per season and don't have a tenth of the impact on their team. Open up the free market. Let a team offer LeBron or Love or Durant $35-40 million a year.
Knicks, Lakers, Nets get all the championships.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It's okay guys; we can return to the status quo where Melo is selfish and wack and so on in the event he's a Knick again.

...which he probably will be, but whatever.

idk man the triangle is known for making selfish player be unselfish and rise their game up a level.

Also no Felton.

I knew he was going to stay in NY, but why waste everyone's time?

What pressure did he put NY under? Not everyone is a s stupid as Dwight Howard to give up 30 million to be bounced in the first round again.

BadAss2961

What pressure did he put NY under? Not everyone is a s stupid as Dwight Howard to give up 30 million to be bounced in the first round again.
I don't know about him staying in NY, but Melo's said all along that he just wanted to go through the process of free agency. Be wined and dined and whatnot.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

if he comes to ny look at the contract. Also i think the bulls shot themselves in the foot with their offer. They didn't want to trade Taj (or even isolate him and offer to trade taj) to give Melo the max possible at 96 million. what they did offer at 4 years 80 million is a lot less than 5 year 130 million the knicks can do..... and while I think Melo doesn't go full Kobe max I would be surprised if he takes less than 110 million over 5 years.

Squalor

Dirk resigns to a 3-year $30M range deal.

He's leaving a lot on the table for other FA's to come to Dallas.
Wow, that is a serious home-team discount.

His last contract wasn't even a max deal, which it easily could have been. Dirk is a truly unselfish player.

zychi

Banned
Knicks, Lakers, Nets get all the championships.

Right? I mean it's not like San Antonio, Miami, OKC, Memphis or Detroit are ever good. lol

#OPENDAFREEMARKETSOKDCANGETPAID

Also, #ismeloabullyet?
so i can laugh at anyone who legit thought he'd be a bull. my bulls fails at free agency everytime

Kobe or MJ??

0jBfdHO.png

PBY

Banned
why would Lebron stay with that shitty Miami roster if all he cares about is winning?

Shitty? I feel like we're overreacting now. Team was just in the finals. Its a top 5 NBA roster. Favorite to chip? Nah. But the safest bet to make the finals? Yes.

This team needs wing help. If they can get that, and incrementally maintain/get sliiightly better, they'll be in the finals again.

zychi

Banned
Shitty? I feel like we're overreacting now. Team was just in the finals. Its a top 5 NBA roster. Favorite to chip? Nah. But the safest bet to make the finals? Yes.

This team needs wing help. If they can get that, and incrementally maintain/get sliiightly better, they'll be in the finals again.

It's a totally different Miami team now. Who's actually signed? Just Shabazz? Wade is a year older, Bosh disappears for weeks at a time. Miami isn't the juggernaut of the East anymore with the Big 3.

PBY

Banned
It's a totally different Miami team now. Who's actually signed? Just Shabazz? Wade is a year older, Bosh disappears for weeks at a time. Miami isn't the juggernaut of the East anymore with the Big 3.

How is it a totally different team from last year?

Tom Penny

I don't knock players for taking money. I do knock asshats who claim all they want to do is win then go back to a loser franchise...

Bowser

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 49m
ESPN sources say reps from Cavs, Suns, Rockets and Mavs have all met with agent Rich Paul in Cleveland while LeBron has been on vacation

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 39m
Three finalists could return to Cleveland early next week to make presentations w/ agent and LeBron James present, source tells Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 34m
Says official who was part of meetings ESPN reported on: "There's clearly a breakdown in communication between LeBron and (Wade and Bosh)."

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 26m
Unless Pat Riley lines up talent appealing to James within cap structure soon, one LBJ suitor says: "LeBron seems ready to explore market."

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 6m
If LeBron ever went West and Bulls came up empty in free agency, the East...pray for the East, people.

index.php

Top Bottom