• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 49m
ESPN sources say reps from Cavs, Suns, Rockets and Mavs have all met with agent Rich Paul in Cleveland while LeBron has been on vacation

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 39m
Three finalists could return to Cleveland early next week to make presentations w/ agent and LeBron James present, source tells Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 34m
Says official who was part of meetings ESPN reported on: "There's clearly a breakdown in communication between LeBron and (Wade and Bosh)."

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 26m
Unless Pat Riley lines up talent appealing to James within cap structure soon, one LBJ suitor says: "LeBron seems ready to explore market."

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 6m
If LeBron ever went West and Bulls came up empty in free agency, the East...pray for the East, people.
Oh shitttt
Michael-Cera-Is-Excited-Things-Are-Finally-Happening-On-Arrested-Development.gif

Two Words

Felton/Harris
Ellis/Carter
Melo/Marion
Dirk/Wright
Chandler/???

That would be a good veteran team, but I doubt Melo will be sold on it. It's not sexy.

JCizzle

I think Cleveland is the best long-term fit for him. He'd be able to gradually hand off the scoring workload to Kyrie/Wiggins over the next few years instead of continuously taking more on as Wade/Bosh quickly become more and more shitty. In two years Cleveland is going to be in a much better place for him whereas Miami has the potential to be a disaster if they give Wade big money over 4 years or whatever. Plus, as much as I hate him, it would be a pretty nice redemption story if he can get that city a ring.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
5 mil a year for Kaman?

ImmaculateLeftFrog.gif

? He's still got something left in the tank when he gives a shit... unlike Ben Gordon. He's a double double a night when motivated. He shot over 50%, averaged 11 points, and 6 rebounds on 18 minutes. Fairly good deal.

Apath

I knew Melo wasn't leaving NY, but it still hurts.

The Bulls need someone out of this free agency who can score and stretch the floor. I would take locker room cancer Lance-fucking-Stevenson at this point.

santeesioux

? He's still got something left in the tank when he gives a shit... unlike Ben Gordon. He's a double double a night when motivated. He shot over 50%, averaged 11 points, and 6 rebounds on 18 minutes. Fairly good deal.

He's gotta be better than Meyers Leonard as well, so there's that.

zychi

Banned
This is kind of a werid thought. Doesn't Durant become a UFA after this season? He signed a 5 year deal in 2010. So, could Lebron possibly pick a place that he and Durant could play with each other? Even if it is Miami?

This is kind of a werid thought. Doesn't Durant become a UFA after this season? He signed a 5 year deal in 2010. So, could Lebron possibly pick a place that he and Durant could play with each other? Even if it is Miami?

He'll be a FA (along with Westbrook I believe) in the summer of 2016. This is the reason I want the lakers to just sign guys to 2 year deals to wait out Kobes contract. Big FAs for next summer assuming they don't sign extensions are Love and LMA.

Furyous

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 49m
ESPN sources say reps from Cavs, Suns, Rockets and Mavs have all met with agent Rich Paul in Cleveland while LeBron has been on vacation

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 39m
Three finalists could return to Cleveland early next week to make presentations w/ agent and LeBron James present, source tells Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 34m
Says official who was part of meetings ESPN reported on: "There's clearly a breakdown in communication between LeBron and (Wade and Bosh)."

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 26m
Unless Pat Riley lines up talent appealing to James within cap structure soon, one LBJ suitor says: "LeBron seems ready to explore market."

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 6m
If LeBron ever went West and Bulls came up empty in free agency, the East...pray for the East, people.

index.php

GOOD! Riley can't improve that roster significantly without a commitment from Bron. Bosh might overplay his hand and get left in the dark if Bron leaves. I'm all for Bron going home and playing with a younger squad with more upside. If that squad is in Cleveland or Phoenix then so be it. That euro style of basketball could lengthen Bron's career. Hopefully this new coach is good about managing his minutes if he comes home. This looks like the possible end of the big three and one of the most annoying "fan bases" in sports history, in my opinion. Watch Bron pull a crazy move and sign with the Spurs for one year just to fuck with people. He embraces his destiny as a mercenary and the basketball world can't say shit because he's coached by Pop and the classy, respectful, cool Spurs fan base.

In my personal Bron leaving standings we have the Cavs, Suns, and Spurs as a dark horse. I could *almost* tolerate a Houston signing because Rockets fans are cool people. The only issue is D12 bitching about touches.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Melo go to the Bulls, Lebron go to the Rockets or both go to the suns or cleveland whatever

Lets be honest, is anyone surprised that the Bulls free agency period is blowing up in their faces?
It's been like this since Jordan left. They always end up getting someone like Ben Wallace, Boozer, or Rip Hamilton instead of Tim Duncan, Tracey McGrady, Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol. I'm not surprised, but it still hurts. Hope can be a bitch.

led4lyfe

If James bounces from the Heat how are they going to hit the salary cap floor without making some horrible signings.

Apath

Looks like Mirotic to the Bulls is all but official. Hopefully we can get him below the MLE so we can save it for a free agent (assuming we can trade Boozer).

Really excited to see what he can do.

Bowser

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 7m
Patrick Patterson has signed a 3-year, $18 million deal with the Toronto Raptors, source told ESPN.

PBY

Banned
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 1m
Sources: DRose was not part of Bulls' official recruitment of Melo. He just happened to b working out at UC. Was shocked to see Melo

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 1m
Sources: DRose was not part of Bulls' official recruitment of Melo. He just happened to b working out at UC. Was shocked to see Melo

It's crazy how these stories change so much.

Before: Derrick Rose was working out in front of Melo to show him he's healthy

After: Derrick Rose DGAF, he just happened to be there when Melo showed up. Didn't eem say hi

zychi

Banned
It's crazy how these stories change so much.

Before: Derrick Rose was working out in front of Melo to show him he's healthy

After: Derrick Rose DGAF, he just happened to be there when Melo showed up. Didn't eem say hi

All depends on the source. Bruss needs to get people to leave his stupid ESPN channel on. TMZ of sports.

Woj will randomly show up on FS1, so he's all about business. It's not like Thibs wouldn't have known that Derrick would've been there when Melo was coming in. I'm sure it was an added benefit to the meeting.

zychi

Banned
Joakim Noah, intimately involved in the Bulls' pitch to Anthony, has told several people he believes Anthony will re-sign with the Knicks.

Multiple media outlets reported both the Knicks and Lakers offered Anthony a maximum contract that surpasses the Bulls' financial means unless the team is gutted. Such an approach is typically against Bulls management's philosophy.

From Chicago Tribune.

Bowser

Yeah, Melo's staying in NYC. If I'm him, why would I give up $30 million to go West to play with a washed up "superstar"? Might as well stay in the East where you've got a legit shot at the playoffs. Maybe lure Pau over as well.

edit:

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 13m
The @Chris_Broussard report DRose was shocked to see Melo speaks to disconnect somewhere. Bulls under impression Rose small part of pitch.

lol Broussard

zychi

Banned
Yeah, Melo's staying in NYC. If I'm him, why would I give up $30 million to go West to play with a washed up "superstar"? Might as well stay in the East where you've got a legit shot at the playoffs. Maybe lure Pau over as well.

edit:

lol Broussard

between him, Mort and Michael Smith, ESPN is a bunch of hacks.

It's weird that they have great info guys like Schef and Kurkijan who balance the shit out.

Top Bottom