• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Bowser

Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 7m
As I was told by team source re: offer to Lance: "If it ain’t enough, it ain’t enough." #Pacers #coldhardtruth

Can't see Lance going back to IND honestly. Think he ends up on a short-term deal in CHI or LAL.

Squalor

I just get the feeling a team is going to grossly overpay Stephenson, and he won't evolve into the player he "should" be.

BadAss2961

So what have the Heat done to entice LeBron to stay?

They drafted Shabazz, wow.
LeBron's still not answering any calls. I guess he's giving Riley that window of time to show him what he's got. Once that window closes, some shit might go down.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear LeBron talking to other teams within the next few days.

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Houston pre-informed Jeremy Lin of the use of his No. 7 on 'Melo recruiting images, source tells Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 47s
If 'Melo comes, Lin has to go in a trade -- which Lin's aware. Given 'Melo-Lin history, understandable why Lin would be sensitive about it.

otapnam

Houston pre-informed Jeremy Lin of the use of his No. 7 on 'Melo recruiting images, source tells Yahoo Sports.

If 'Melo comes, Lin has to go in a trade -- which Lin's aware. Given 'Melo-Lin history, understandable why Lin would be sensitive about it.

Check out @WojYahooNBA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/484447119340609536

Nope. Sry in a mtg can't type it out, but they didnt inform him

RedAssedApe

Banned

linsensitive on the part of the rockets or just lin being melodramatic? (the one time espn comments section is good)

gonna believe lin on this one.

These FA contracts, I just can't. Heat look proper screwed.

You know what it is?

Free agents aren't going to go work for peanuts, and they are not even guaranteed a chance to win with the Heat. The Heat will continue to get older, while the rest of the league gets better. Not 4 not 5 not 6 my ass. The dream is over Miami. Only old vets who are on their last leg would take a 2 mil contract to play there but that's about it.

Melo in his prime doesn't want to hear that shit. So teams are paying these younger role players up the butt, because there aren't a lot of prime time players willing to move around.

Wade and Bosh are fools for taking cuts. Fools. I can name you 4 teams in the West that can beat the Heat in 6 every year.

Lebron should go to Cleveland to play with Kyrie
Bosh should go LA to play or New York
Wade should retire.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
linsensitive on the part of the rockets or just lin being melodramatic? (the one time espn comments section is good)

gonna believe lin on this one.

to make the cypher complete Toney Doublas has to lose his bench role for Lin to take his place like he's dones everywhere else.

RedAssedApe

Banned
be funny if lowry goes back to houston to play for mchale. thought he hated that dude after the situation with dragic

He also wears #7 :D

You know what it is?

Lebron should go to Cleveland to play with Kyrie
Bosh should go LA to play or New York
Wade should retire.

But Shabazzz

Enker

If the Thunder get Pau Gasol, and the Suns bag Lebron and Carmelo, you may as well cancel every single game with an Eastern team next year lol. Livingston will help the Warriors out a lot too (Nets am cry).

Would be amazing fun as a basketball fan to see the Spurs against those teams.

Silver should put in playoff seeding by overall record next year.

If the Thunder get Pau Gasol, and the Suns bag Lebron and Carmelo, you may as well cancel every single game with an Eastern team next year lol. Livingston will help the Warriors out a lot too (Nets am cry).

Would be amazing fun as a basketball fan to see the Spurs against those teams.

Silver should put in playoff seeding by overall record next year.

lol

Linsanity 2: Houston, We Have A Problem

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit

Rox are doing him dirty smh. But those dumbasses are also paying him $15 mil lol.

BadAss2961

Lowry staying
And to top it off...

MULTIPLE SOURCES
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh do not appear to be acting in unison with free agency now underway.

James, Wade and Bosh met last Wednesday, but they walked away from the meeting only knowing that James wanted a max contract. Wade and Bosh expressed a commitment to remain with the Miami Heat, but James was unsure.

James did not ask or suggest that Wade and Bosh opt out of their deals or take lesser salaries to allow the Heat to add other top players, according to the sources.

Bosh and Wade are intent on returning to Miami, but neither of them knows what James will do.

"It's not a done deal," said one source, when asked about James' return to Miami. "That's for sure."

James was similarly noncommittal in 2010 before he eventually signed with the Heat.

Via Chris Broussard/ESPN

effzee

Lin to Philly?

I like Lin but at that salary? Lebron could work with that though.

Lin, Lebron, MCW, and two injured bigs?

Holy shit, he sounds like he wants something big or he's walking. Whose even left to lure him there?

Nothing really. With Lebron at the max and Bosh and Wade near what they want, there is no way to improve that roster. Lebron either has to suck it up and try again with the basically the same team, take much less and convince Wade and Bosh to do the same, or go to another team. Everyone assumed the big 3 were opting out to take less, but Lebron wanting the max (which he has more than earned) throws a monkey wrench into that (as well as Bosh looking like he wants more than what the initial rumors were)

Ugh Melo is likely the worst possible FA fit for the rockets, also smh how the front office didn't even tell Lin about the photoshop thing, even if he likely knows he's gone if they get a max FA. I don't know why they don't focus on solid role players and bench guys instead of bringing in another ball dominant player while gutting the second unit.

Cloudy

Banned
And to top it off...

MULTIPLE SOURCES

BS. They just don't want the other owners screaming "collusion". The minute Wade opted out was when this farce ended

Ugh Melo is likely the worst possible FA fit for the rockets, also smh how the front office didn't even tell Lin about the photoshop thing, even if he likely knows he's gone if they get a max FA. I don't know why they don't focus on solid role players and bench guys instead of bringing in another ball dominant player while gutting the second unit.

Melo is a better player than ANYONE on your squad. Lin should know his role and be grateful he got paid so much

PBY

Banned
And to top it off...

MULTIPLE SOURCES

This story is literally nonsense. Not saying that Lebron won't walk- but there's no new info here. Trusted Heat sources say nothing's changed.

I feel like I'ma come off homerish here, but Lebron's not even in the US. There's no momentum to other teams- and this story is just a repackaging of news we've heard before.

Bowser

Hmm Boozer amnestied

Bulls notoriously cheap, does this mean Melo?

Could also be a backup plan. They are rumored to be interested in Lance.

edit:

HOL ON A MINUTE PLAYA [/Teddy Long]:

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 8m
Bulls told Carlos Boozer it's a possibility he will be amnestied or used in a sign-&-trade but have made no final decisions, sources said

BadAss2961

This story is literally nonsense.
qBSV5Uj.png

You sweatin'.

Top Bottom