• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

shira

Yeah, Melo's staying in NYC. If I'm him, why would I give up $30 million to go West to play with a washed up "superstar"? Might as well stay in the East where you've got a legit shot at the playoffs. Maybe lure Pau over as well.

Is phil giving him the max?

Bowser

Is phil giving him the max?

Yep:

The New York Knicks met with free agent Carmelo Anthony in Los Angeles on Thursday after he spent more than two hours with the Los Angeles Lakers earlier in the day, sources told ESPN.com.

The Knicks have always told Anthony that they would give him the max contract and reiterated that in their Thursday meeting, although the offer was verbal, not formal, a source said.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11173392/new-york-knicks-meet-carmelo-anthony-la

zychi

Banned
Can someone photoshop the goggly eyed broussard onto his face of this picture?

BruOYdkCcAA_4PI.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, Melo's staying in NYC. If I'm him, why would I give up $30 million to go West to play with a washed up "superstar"? Might as well stay in the East where you've got a legit shot at the playoffs. Maybe lure Pau over as well.

edit:

lol Broussard

Can someone explain the Broussard thing to me? I'm a casual fan that's trying to increase my watching/interest for the upcoming season and I keep seeing Broussard get slammed on here. Is he a terrible reporter?

Koko

Banned
Can someone explain the Broussard thing to me? I'm a casual fan that's trying to increase my watching/interest for the upcoming season and I keep seeing Broussard get slammed on here. Is he a terrible reporter?

He is a below average reporter.

The main beef with him is that he claims to have "sources" from which he gets inside information, which almost every single time turns out to be false and he keeps doing it again and again.

A couple of times he's been caught taking know information or other reporters tweets and regurgitating them as "sources". He's a clown.

Koko

Banned
Raptors traded Novak to the Jazz

Along with Novak and the two years and $7.2 million left on his contract, the Raptors will send a future second-round draft pick to Utah, sources said.

The Jazz will send the Raptors guard Diante Garrett, who, with a $915,000 non-guaranteed deal for this season, will be waived, sources said

Masai the gawd.

I might start believing in Bruno "2 years from being 2 years ready" Cabloco

zychi

Banned
Please Chicago, get Kevin Love. i'm sick of hearing about him and Golden State.

Just wait til he's a free agent next season. Ditto for Rondo and KD YNB the next year.

No reason to trade anything away unless Min wants Boozer's amnesty rights. Love isn't likely going to sign an extension if he's traded this year.

JCizzle

Just wait til he's a free agent next season. Ditto for Rondo and KD YNB the next year.

No reason to trade anything away unless Min wants Boozer's amnesty rights. Love isn't likely going to sign an extension if he's traded this year.

Rondo is getting the Lowry deal, not sure what his market is. Not like he needs to play for the ring either. Sucks being a PG right now.

medrew

You guys realize Wade makes a shit ton of money off Li-Ning and is a stakeholder in the company?

It's also rumored he's bringing Lebron over from Nike after Lebron got mad at Nike for the 11s.

These guys aren't losing much by taking pay cuts, when you factor in how much they make outside of the NBA. I think Lebron's whole max contract issue(which is an ESPN report and not Woj or an actual credible source) is that he wants to be the highest paid on his team. I don't think he NEEDS max, just highest paid.

Li-ning tried to go up market and a result lost half their market share in china (now 3%) and closed 10% of their stores and reported net losses the last years (500m, the amount they made the prior three years). Their revenue has declined 33% since 2010.

They are in no position to get lebron and any issues he may have with nike will be solved with a couple more $.
There is a reason they got a second tier in wade, they always get the falling star that others are not prepared to pay for. E,g, shaq.

zychi

Banned
There were rumors out there that Hawes was seeking $8m per which truly is batshit insane. A shade under $6m per for a big who has good perimeter touch isn't so bad. But four years? That's a little too long for me.
Its too trade to cle. Its weird. They want pierce, so they signed a big man?

Bowser

Its too trade to cle. Its weird. They want pierce, so they signed a big man?

You've got it wrong. They wanna work it as a sign and trade with CLE (who has Hawes bird rights I believe) so that they can preserve some sort of exception into which they can absorb Pierce's salary in a S&T.

Getting a Gerald Henderson one right :p

I'm surprised he hasn't been traded yet.

They only have Kemba, Big Al, and MKG shirts anyway :p

He hasn't been traded yet, but it's not due to a lack of trying. Still blown away that Orlando took on Evan Fournier and a 2nd round pick instead of Henderson and #24 for Afflalo. I get that they are in our division, but they are clearly rebuilding (tanking) and Henderson and #24 are both better assets.

I ain't mad tho because we got PJ with that 2nd first rounder :p...if he keeps his head on straight I think he'll be a stud

Top Bottom