• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
2015 All-Star Logo:

BsLtFgCIIAE4rL3.jpg:large

Really like it

alba

Little is the new Big
I thought the Boozer money is all the Bulls have to go after free agents. I'd be pretty good with getting both Lance and Pau, especially if the Heatles brake up.

If we amnesty him, we don't get as much money to play with. S&T helps gets us way more. I think it's like $12.3mil (amnesty) <-> $16.8m (s&t full salary) or something like that.

If we amnesty him, we don't get as much money to play with. S&T helps gets us way more. I think it's like $12.3mil (amnesty) <-> $16.8m (s&t full salary) or something like that.

I get that, but how does that saved money go towards Lance instead of giving it all to Pau in the sign and trade?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski &#8207;@WojYahooNBA 3m
Cavs pressed Celtics/Nets officials to complete paperwork on 3-way trade in last hour, needed it done "immediately." Cap space is clear now.

its happeningggg. cavs getting
ariza
:p

Bowser

PHIL TREXLER-ABJ &#8207;@PhilTrexler 1h
Folks in Bath feel strongly that LBJ will sign w/ CLE. LBJ's camp contacted cops hour ago to alert them of tonight's annoucement. #kingjames

Sam Amico &#8207;@SamAmicoFSO 5m
Can confirm extra security stationed on/around property of LeBron's Akron home as of 3 pm ET. @PhilTrexler initially reported.

This shit is really happening isn't it...

Bowser

OH SHIT 15 MINUTES FROM NOW?!

Sam Amico &#8207;@SamAmicoFSO 1m
To be more precise, no less than five police officers at LeBron James home. They were told to expect a 3:30 ET announcement.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
PHIL TREXLER-ABJ &#8207;@PhilTrexler 1h
Folks in Bath feel strongly that LBJ will sign w/ CLE. LBJ's camp contacted cops hour ago to alert them of tonight's annoucement. #kingjames

Sam Amico &#8207;@SamAmicoFSO 5m
Can confirm extra security stationed on/around property of LeBron's Akron home as of 3 pm ET. @PhilTrexler initially reported.

This shit is really happening isn't it...

or Lebron could just be like "these followers of the Cult of Carl are crazy let me protect my property.......

He's probably going back to Cleveland though

Bowser

Hrmmm, Espn was saying that Donnie Nelson was trying to work out a possible sign & trade with the Rockets instead of waiting 72 hours.

Not anymore:

Adrian Wojnarowski &#8207;@WojYahooNBA 10m
Dallas delivered Chandler Parsons' $46M sheet to Houston, ending sign-and-trade talks, source tells Yahoo. Rockets have three days to match.

Bowser

Cuban making it painful for Houston to match that.

Not really if LBJ really does announce in 5 min, Rockets decision gets much easier. Either LBJ to CLE, Bosh to HOU and HOU can decide if they want to match, or LBJ and Bosh stay in Miami and HOU just matches.

AirBrian

Not really if LBJ really does announce in 5 min, Rockets decision gets much easier. Either LBJ to CLE, Bosh to HOU and HOU can decide if they want to match, or LBJ and Bosh stay in Miami and HOU just matches.
If LBJ stays in MIA and so does Bosh, then yeah, it doesn't matter. I was talking if LBJ goes home and Bosh goes to Houston, then Houston has to decide if they want to match other overpriced contract.

Bowser

Sam Amick &#8207;@sam_amick 49s
LeBron James won't be making an announcement in three minutes, or the next hour, for that matter, I'm told.

:(

Alex Kennedy &#8207;@AlexKennedyNBA 11s
http://LeBronJames.com is down. Meanwhile, @sam_amick reports that LeBron James isn't planning to announce within the hour. This is crazy.

Enron

Banned
Hrmmm, Espn was saying that Donnie Nelson was trying to work out a possible sign & trade with the Rockets instead of waiting 72 hours.

Why would the mavs want to work out a S&T? The Mavs give zero fucks what happens from here on out. They either 1. get parsons for the offer sheet or 2. don't get parsons, Houston pays even more money to keep him, and the Mavs can go turn their attentions to the other batch of players they had targeted. They win either way!

Talon

God damn it, people. This isn't crazy. There was some moron Fox Sports Ohio reporter that made up the 3:30 thing.

Carnival of stupid.

Why would the mavs want to work out a S&T? The Mavs give zero fucks what happens from here on out. They either 1. get parsons for the offer sheet or 2. don't get parsons, Houston pays even more money to keep him, and the Mavs can go turn their attentions to the other batch of players they had targeted. They win either way!

I saw the update that the Mavs sent the offer sheet, I dunno about why they were trying a S&T either. Here's the article though that said they were trying to work one out at first.

Cheddahz

Banned
One of my friends just quote retweeted the NBA's tweet from four years ago, when LeBron announced he was signing with the Heat (so it looks like it was announced today)

Clever move

Bowser

Paul Coro &#8207;@paulcoro 6m
Free agent guard Isaiah Thomas is visiting the #Suns in Phoenix today and tomorrow. He's envisioned as a 3rd guard behind Dragic & Bledsoe.

lol wtf?

6ktI9.gif

RedAssedApe

Banned
Paul Coro &#8207;@paulcoro 6m
Free agent guard Isaiah Thomas is visiting the #Suns in Phoenix today and tomorrow. He's envisioned as a 3rd guard behind Dragic & Bledsoe.

lol wtf?

6ktI9.gif

made me scratch my head as well...but when both are healthy they play the 1 and 2. So Thomas could come off the bench.

Lakers should try and grab thomas since this Melo thing sounds like it isn't going down.

Bowser

Nick Camino &#8207;@NickCaminoWTAM 2h
Source close to LeBron James' agent Rich Paul has told Newsradio WTAM 1100 that his decision will be announced by 11:00 pm tonight.

rvy

Banned
Sources. Sources. Sources. How about not tweet anything if you don't have anything worthwhile to tweet?
Anyway, another shit season for the Lakers is dawning upon us. I'm gonna have so much fun, Jim. Thanks.

alba

Little is the new Big
Can't the bulls just amnesty Boozer and get Melo the max?

We don't have enough cap space, he'd have to take a paycut and take $15M/year which he won't. Only way is sign & trade with the Knicks or possibly a 3-way trade with Knicks, Lakers & Bulls.

Top Bottom