• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

KingGondo

Banned
So Houston is getting bosh? If hope we do. It's time for another Houston championship!
image.php

?

Get on the Sixers bandwagon now son. They're gonna be dominant in ~2 years.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lin would be amazing for the Lakers. They could use a PG.

And something akin to Linsanity is seriously the only way they're making the playoffs anyway.

njean777

image.php

?

Get on the Sixers bandwagon now son. They're gonna be dominant in ~2 years.

Don't even start, when I got into football Houston had no team. Oilers had just left. So I just followed the team I played in NFL blitz. Basketball I have watched/played all my life. Been a lifelong rockets fan since birth.

Bowser

Done deal

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 47s
Houston is finalizing a deal to send Jeremy Lin to the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Bowser

Hornets could have used Lin as a backup plus the asset from HOU (probably a late 1st). Too bad that Hayward offer sheet destroyed our cap space.

rando14

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Rockets finalizing Jeremy Lin, a future first-round pick and other draft considerations to the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo.

A first rounder for Lin!? Explain this shit to me Ninja, it dont make no sense

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
A first rounder for Lin!? Explain this shit to me Ninja, it dont make no sense

The Rockets are giving the Lakers a first round pick to take him.

Lakers needed a PG, the money part isn't a big problem for them and they get a first round pick out of it (although its obviously not going to be great), but its still a pick.

Cloudy

Banned
Wade was played for a sucker though. He totally became Bron's ballboy to win rings yet Bron jets and leaves him on a decimated team the first chance he gets lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wade was played for a sucker though. He totally became Bron's ballboy to win rings yet Bron jets and leaves him on a decimated team the first chance he gets lol

I seriously find it hard to believe Wade opted out unless he had a handshake deal with Riley in place for 4 years or something. His agent is the dumbest dude around if he didn't have something like that agreed upon.

Cloudy

Banned
I seriously find it hard to believe Wade opted out unless he had a handshake deal with Riley in place for 4 years or something. His agent is the dumbest dude around if he didn't have something like that agreed upon.

I don't doubt that Riley will give that money back to him now. Especially with Bosh leaving

Bowser

Tidbits:

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 14m
The Cavs learned of LeBron's choice when the letter posted, sources said. LeBron wanted people of Ohio to know first.

Pretty cool.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 10m
The Lakers will send cash and rights to overseas player to the Rockets, but no salary back, league source tells Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 9m
Chris Bosh will soon speak to coach Kevin McHale, moving closer to a commitment to the Rockets, source tells Yahoo.

Tom Penny

That's why I was pretty convinced Lebron was coming back. It made no sense at all for Wade to do that.

Congrats Lakers-Age. Nash and Lin is a fantastic PG duo.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 10m
If Lakers acquire Lin and first-round pick from Rockets, that hurts Bulls' chances at shedding Boozer in S&T for Gasol. Assuming no Melo.

Fuck this Lin deal even more.

Edit: Or maybe not if it means not taking Pau if Bulls don't get Melo.

Lakers getting Lin is actually pretty good.

Lin is going to learn a shitload from Kobe and especially Steve Nash, a player who his game can mimic when it's on.

If nothing else, Lin will be able to run the point as Nash' caddy and keep the system similar...and if he sucks, then he'll be gone after the year anyway.

Ocelott

Yall must have forgot about Lin...Houston runs a Pass first System where the PG is not meant to Score...in the right System Lin could flourish

Maddocks

We need a PG, so Lin move isn't terrible. We are a renting franchise now, we just rent players for a year. Melo probably going to NY. Dark days ahead for us, 04-05 dark.

satori

Wait what is the downside to the lin trade? Laker gets much needed picks. And he will only cost the lakers 8 mil against the cap. And knowing the LA market I am sure they will make that back and some in the marketing aspect.

Geeze, if Houston signs Bosh and matches Parsons offer than they will be paying over 70 million a year for 4 players. Houston becoming the next Brooklyn?

Bowser

Wait what is the downside to the lin trade? Laker gets much needed picks. And he will only cost the lakers 8 mil against the cap. And knowing the LA market I am sure they will make that back and some in the marketing aspect.

There is no downside, not sure why people are moaning. He's there for a year, soaks up a little cap space, will probably excite a good portion of the fan base
you know who I'm talking about
, brings a 1st rounder with him, and he's off the books after the season.

Literally no downside. I wish the Hornets could make that deal to bring Lin as a backup, but we have no cap space because of the Hayward offer sheet.

helping out dwight howards team is the only downside

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Ehhhh... this deal, man. I still don't know how I feel.

Yeah, we get a pick, and it'll make the Lakers organization some good marketing money for a year. But we also help out Houston to get better. ugh

Top Bottom