• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

BadAss2961

HAHA
Boozer to the Lakers
lol.
He already ruined Napier's.

Draft this shit player. Oh, sorry, were you expecting me to stay?

I want max deal.

I want short contract, no commitments.

I want opt out.

I want secret meeting.

I want weeks to announce decision made ages ago. Deal with it.

Sign my favorite scrubs.

Bail my mom from jail.

Cater to my freeloading friends.

Send young star to die. Fuck him, I want super team NOW.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 54s
With nearly a third of the NBA holding enough cap space to biz on Boozer and keep him off open market, chances slim he'd ever clear waivers

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m
Sources say CBoozer had strong interest in signing with Houston had he gone unclaimed and cleared waivers, but Lakers made winning bid

Houston gets nobody this offseason.

rvy

Banned
i

The dream is alive.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I TOLD YAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SAID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called it LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOZER TO THE LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You fucks laughed at me!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cloudy

Banned
I'd rather have Boozer than Pau at this stage. Horrible offseason turning around with opportunistic moves (Lin, Davis and Boozer)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Id just like to point out once again, Konex's thoughts are his along and do not represent the greater Laker nation.

How does Lionel Hollins compare living in Memphis to the Stone Age when half of his new team was actually living in it? No worries, though. He couldn't develop any player not named "Mike Conley" and that will be exposed soon enough.

T-Mac Update!! man, we was planning to watch his skeeters game. We shoudnlt have waited too long. -_-

I'd rather have Boozer than Pau at this stage. Horrible offseason turning around with opportunistic moves (Lin, Davis and Boozer)
My memories of playoffs boozer is so bad I would rather have Pau for the next 2 years.
But since booze will be cheaper, it's not that bad of a replacement.

I would do this trade if that means keeping Bennett, and Love signing extension. Bron has no time to wait 3-5 years to develop to a player that can compliment him. So many if's in Wiggins. Love is proven that he can contribute right now.

Or wait out this season hoping Love wont land in GS.

Boozer is horriawful.

He's not though, people latched onto that notion but he's a very talented offensive player.

Very good jumper, good passer, can play physical when we wants to(usually doesn't want to though), etc...

He's 99% of the time shitty on defense but he's not even close to being a bad basketball player.

I would do this trade if that means keeping Bennett, and Love signing extension. Bron has no time to wait 3-5 years to develop to a player that can compliment him. So many if's in Wiggins. Love is proven that he can contribute right now.

Or wait out this season hoping Love wont land in GS.

Are you seriously worried about losing Bennett?

RedAssedApe

Banned
laugh about boozer all you want but isn't this a "steal" for a veteran? or do i misunderstand how waivers work.

The Lakers won the Boozer auction with a blind bid of $3.25 million, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

That means Chicago must pay the remaining $13.6 million that Boozer is owed in 2014-15 on the final year of his current contract. Releasing Boozer via the amnesty clause removes that $13.6 million from Chicago's books for salary-cap and luxury-tax purposes, but the Bulls still must pay him the money he's owed.

PBY

Banned
laugh about boozer all you want but isn't this a "steal" for a veteran? or do i misunderstand how waivers work.

Its a great price. Any team would take that.

The problem is this: Boozer is a joke. And the Lakers suck, so he's not going to push them over the edge.

So... its just there.

Top Bottom