• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Maybe a bit aggressive but it was the truth. I cannot believe LeBron gets to cut and run at the first sign of trouble while claiming he's "going home" with little to no skepticism. The sports media is disgraceful

I don't think Bron is running away from anything when he left Heat (he was though the 1st time he left Cavs). His heat team he left is better than the current Cavs team (from front office down to players). The letter he wrote felt geniune to me, that he really misses home and wants to play for them. But I think its more than just missing home... I imagine losing as a member of a Heat is more agonzing to him than losing as a Cavs as everyone except pretty much Bron fans and Heat fans wants to see him lose. Even people who barely care about basketball wants him to lose. That must have suck for him especially he wants to be seen as a really likable guy. Bron is my boy, but he is pretty much the villain of the NBA since 2010. This move he did will probably restore his public image a bit, make him more likeable, more marketable than he ever was. And I think it was also for the money. Max money from Cavs, a city to your own (heat will always be Wade County), restored PR (probably) would mean more money to James.

Just saw this vid. And I pretty much agree with Drake. As much as I wanted him to stay. A win in Cleveland is a championship like no other.

He was not running away from anything imo.. ok Probably only from a 50% wade, but other than that no. lol.

Jag

Boozer at Subway in Miami. He's a lock.
#wealreadywon

TaWTKgr.jpg

I saw greg oden at a downtown publix by my house once.

He was just in a baggy tee and sweatpants and was real fucking tall. No one really seemed to bother him as he went about his way. And yeah, he looks old as fuck.

Any other opinions on Wiggins for Love? People seem to be leaning towards the trade now. Still Hope they can get a 3rd team involved so that don't have to offer him.

Any other opinions on Wiggins for Love? People seem to be leaning towards the trade now. Still Hope they can get a 3rd team involved so that don't have to offer him.

I wouldn't even consider offering Wiggins, if I'm Cleveland. Kevin Love is too injury-prone and hasn't shown any reason to believe that he is a first option on a contending team -- maybe second, but probably third, which is what he would be in Cleveland. I think Wiggins has far greater upside, and I would bank on that before I would Kevin Love -- again, if I'm Cleveland.

The future of one of the most talented free agents left on the market remains cloudy, as Eric Bledsoe and the Phoenix Suns remain far apart in contract talks, according to sources close to the situation.

Eric Bledsoe is coming off a career season but is not close to a long-term deal with the Suns.
Bledsoe's representatives have been engaged in discussions with Phoenix, but the Suns' offer is far below what Bledsoe is looking for.

A restricted free agent who averaged 17.7 points, 5.5 assists and 4.7 rebounds last season, Bledsoe is reportedly looking for a max contract.

The thought that the Suns will match any offer Bledsoe receives from a competing club has deterred teams from aggressively pursuing the 24-year-old point guard. Phoenix has thus far refused to discuss potential sign-and-trade opportunities.

But the Suns' completion of a sign-and-trade deal for Isaiah Thomas, along with the drafting of point guard Tyler Ennis, has potential suitors believing that Phoenix may move on from Bledsoe, league sources said.

The Milwaukee Bucks have been mentioned as a team with interest in Bledsoe, and Sacramento and Houston, which recently traded away Jeremy Lin, could be in the market for a point guard.

Source: SOURCES

fertygo

The possibility Wiggins probably Harrison Barnes 2.0 scare the hell out me if I'm cleveland, so far despite his freak athleticism, he not showing any of : Shooting touch, consistent dribbling, or bball IQ.. its all of premise of he having all physical tool.. I won't bet money in that.

Chris SheridanVerified account
‏@sheridanhoops
Winning bid on C.Boozer (amnesty) should be known shortly after 5 p.m. EDT. Teams with cap room can place bids until then.

Winner to inherit Soulplaya as well. Good luck everyone!

I mean, the summer league doesn't mean shit so I'd rather have Napier bomb there than during the season. Give him time to get his bearings.

At his worst, he can't possibly be worse than super wario.

PBY

Banned
I mean, the summer league doesn't mean shit so I'd rather have Napier bomb there than during the season. Give him time to get his bearings.

At his worst, he can't possibly be worse than super wario.
100000000000% he's worse than chalmers.

Chalmers isn't trash. Look at his numbers. He's inconsistent. But he's fine.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Of course it's a tough call.
You're trading an unproven rookie for a top 10 player in the NBA to pair with the best player in the NBA. It's not a tough call in the least.

I'm looking forward to people talking about Love "improving" his game next year when he's surrounded by better players than the Wolves despite him putting up better numbers in a Wolves jersey. Oh well. I don't think Wiggins will ever sniff being as good as Love is now, but if they trade him to Cleveland at least they're not trading him within the West, they don't have to pay David Lee $30 million fucking dollars, and watching him play next to Bron will be fun.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That's a pretty tough break for Wiggins if he gets dealt to Minny. Huge career trajectory changing moment right there.

The latest offer could include Wiggins, power forward Anthony Bennett and a first-round pick. Center Brendan Haywood might be included in the deal to make it work contractually.
That's...alot. Bennett is going to beast this year. #believe

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 38s
ESPN has learned that the Los Angeles Lakers have won the amnesty auction with the highest bid for Boozer

So in a way, Bulls and Lakers complete Gasol for Boozer trade, with the Bulls paying nearly all of the salaries.

Top Bottom