• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Nuklear

Banned
I can't believe Cav fans are fuck this trade since Love will almost assuredly give them a ring. WTH... as a Twolves fan I would kill for that.

Wiggins doesn't even guarantee you a ECF birth. OMFG!

spurs are here and okc.not sure how cavs will win.might need more role players.

A team with Lebron alone is competitive in the east. That's not the issue.
But that team ain't winning any championships.

Not sure if you guys are serious or not. Projected Cavs lineup if they trade Wiggins/Bennett for Love is the following:

PG: Irving/Dellavedova
SG: Waiters/Mike Miller/Ray Allen
SF: LeBron James/James Jones
PF: Love/Thompson
C: Varejao/??

Still need help at Center, but I think this roster is better than what Miami had at the end of last year. With a healthy Wade, they would have been able to be much more competitive with the Spurs. They beat anyone else in the league.

Bowser

This is an awful trade that will haunt Cavs fans for years to come. How in the fuck are we supposed to field a competitive team with KLove making 20 mill, Bron making 22 mill, and Kyrie making 15 mill?

FUCK THIS TRADE WITH TWO GIRAFFE COCKS.

Speaking of dicks, we need to discuss Lebatard trolling Lebron nation and Cavs fans. He put the idea out into the atmosphere of taking out an ad to troll Lebron's return to the Cavs.

First off, there is no such thing as Heat nation. Heat nation SOUNDS LIKE SHIT TISSUE. I could wipe my ass with heat nation toilet tissue. Secondly, YOU FUCKS SHOULD BE GRATEFUL BRON BLESSED YOU WITH THE GIANT. ROYAL. PENIS. Be thankful you plebeians. You don't make four straight finals without Lebron James. Remember every time you take a shot at Cleveland and whine about Lebron you taste Cleveland cum. You're bitter and it warms all of our hearts.

Where's the Lebatard rant now?

*CRICKETS*

NOT ONE, NOT TWO, NOT THREE, NOT FOUR, NOT FIVE, NOT SIX, NOT SEVEN BUT EIGHT YEARS OF BITCHING FROM WHINY BUTTHURT COKED OUT HEAT APPRECIATORS.

You should be begging for this trade to happen. You've got 3-5 years of prime Bron to get as many championships as you can before the Cavs fade back into obscurity.

Take advantage.

Tom Penny

Not sure if you guys are serious or not. Projected Cavs lineup if they trade Wiggins/Bennett for Love is the following:

PG: Irving/Dellavedova
SG: Waiters/Mike Miller/Ray Allen
SF: LeBron James/James Jones
PF: Love/Thompson
C: Varejao/??

Still need help at Center, but I think this roster is better than what Miami had at the end of last year. With a healthy Wade, they would have been able to be much more competitive with the Spurs. They beat anyone else in the league.

Spurs will drop 115 + a game on that squad.

fertygo

People just don't realize how frigging potentially massive duet of Lebron James and Kevin Love would be.. pick n roll heaven.

Spurs will drop 115 + a game on that squad.

Spurs played out of their mind in the Finals, no doubt about it.

You think they can do that for the next 3 years? I doubt it. That Cavs squad will win at least 1, which is all Cleveland wants.

People just don't realize how frigging potentially massive duet of Lebron James and Kevin Love would be.. pick n roll heaven.

A much better fit for LeBron than Chris Bosh ever was.

I think that most of Cleveland has come to terms with the need to deal Wiggins for Love. LeBron only has a few years left in his prime and Wiggins is still a very raw player. Love is not nearly as bad of a defender as he is being made out to be. Pretty good on ball, but just not going to give you a lot of help defense or shot blocking though.

Those people are idiots. Most Cavs fans would help carry Wiggins' luggage to the airport.

Yup.

The fans that are worried about how good the Cavs will be in 10 years have lost sight of the goal. Only the Spurs have figured out how to be competitive over such a long stretch of time--for everybody else you just have to embrace your window. The Cavs time is NOW.

Also, funny to me that there is all this worrying about depth. Big 3 worked out pretty good for Miami until last year when Wade ran out of gas. Miami could have gone up 2-0 in the series if LeBron hadn't cramped up.

A team with Lebron alone is competitive in the east. That's not the issue.
But that team ain't winning any championships.

I don't see how you can be so certain of that. I'd say they have just as good of a chance as any of the other top contenders, assuming they trade for Love that is.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
They need a much improved D to have just as good a chance against the West.

Keep in mind that Cleveland wasn't terrible on defense last year, and were better than Miami already in some categories. With LBJ on the team, their defense would obviously improve. We'll see how the team plays together - chemistry is very important - but on paper, I think they are the team to beat in the East, and the Finals are all about matchups and they have 2 of the hardest players in the league to match up against - LBJ and Love.

Jag

First off, there is no such thing as Heat nation.

VA1IwlT.jpg

Literally makes no sense.

The fans won the rings? Yes, you're right, showing up midway through the 2nd quarter and leaving FINALS games before they were over was massively helpful.

It comes across badly without context but I think it's just supposed to be a nice response to LeBron thanking Miami in his exit letter. Doubt there is any hard feelings involved.

Jag

It comes across badly without context but I think it's just supposed to be a nice response to LeBron thanking Miami in his exit letter. Doubt there is any hard feelings involved.

Oh it was totally a trolling attempt by Dan LeBatard. It's all in good fun.

Le Batard joked about the fan base’s need for excessive thank yous and after listening to co-host Mike Ryan give the Heat fan perspective, Le Batard mentioned an idea proposed by the station’s morning show— a full-page ad in a local Cleveland or Akron newspaper, simply saying “You’re welcome, LeBron,” along with a photo of the two rings James won in Miami. Le Batard suggested creating a Kickstarter campaign to raise the money and humorously alluded to “an anonymous donation from a certain cruise magnate.”

Pimpwerx

Spurs played out of their mind in the Finals, no doubt about it.

You think they can do that for the next 3 years? I doubt it. That Cavs squad will win at least 1, which is all Cleveland wants.

A much better fit for LeBron than Chris Bosh ever was.

I think that most of Cleveland has come to terms with the need to deal Wiggins for Love. LeBron only has a few years left in his prime and Wiggins is still a very raw player. Love is not nearly as bad of a defender as he is being made out to be. Pretty good on ball, but just not going to give you a lot of help defense or shot blocking though.
Love is no more pnr heaven with LeBron than Bosh. Bosh has the more versatile games and is one of if not the best jump shooting bigs in the league. He's also got by far the better faceup game and is more of a threat to put it on the floor and score. People overlook the looter in a riot aspect of Love's offensive game, on a team that was 4th in pace and 1st in fga, despite being 23rd on fg%. That plays a significant factor in his production. Bosh was on a team 27th in pace, dead last in fga, and first in fg%. That factors into his lack of production. Bosh is statistically a better shooter from everywhere on the floor inside the 3pt arc.

I'm not gonna say Love isn't good or arguably better than Bosh. I have my opinion on that. All I'm saying is that the stats don't paint him as a superior solution in the pnr unless the majority of it will consist of sitting behind the 3pt arc. And if that's the case, his rebounding numbers are going to take a hit like Bosh's did. They'll just be coming down from a higher number.

Love to the Cavs doesn't make them favorites in the East IMO. They still don't have defenders. That won't be a big deal in the regular season, but they're gonna get curbstomped in the playoffs if they have Love and Kyrie in the starting 5. It's already 5 on 3 then. You counting on Andy or Waiters shoring up the defense in the two other spots?

Here's something Cavs fans and the rest of the hype train need to worry about. Miami did not have a problem with offense last year. We scored with record ease. You're not going to outdo that offense by any appreciable amount, even if you fielded the Monstars. However, we got gashed and overwhelmed on defense. And last I checked, Love isn't much better than the hobbled corpse of Lewis we trotted out in the Finals. And even worst Wade defends better than best Waiters. So...yeah...good luck with that. I'm not scared of the Cavs, even with Love. I'm legit concerned with the Bulls. If McNuggets can shoot the rock at the NBA level, and Rose is healthy, then they're gonna run shit next season. Though I think Miami should be top3 in the east, I now have to worry about Washington actually becoming legit. SMH. PEACE.

Fjordson

They need a rim protector. And a Corey Brewer-like player, and on paper I feel they are set.
They have Anthony Davis for that. Hell, they won gold in London with a garbage version of Tyson Chandler as their only defensive big.

The team is fine either way, but Boogie is becoming one of the best big men in the league. Seems like a no brainer with some of the other bigs backing out. And he's so entertaining :lol

They have Anthony Davis for that. Hell, they won gold in London with a garbage version of Tyson Chandler as their only defensive big.

The team is fine either way, but Boogie is becoming one of the best big men in the league. Seems like a no brainer with some of the other bigs backing out. And he's so entertaining :lol

I should've mentioned I was speaking on the Cavs. Sooowwwy

I hope this is a troll post because Tyson had just come off winning DPOY during the 2012 season.

Pimpwerx

Luckily for the Cavs, they can actually get the best Corey Brewer-like player in the NBA in the process of trading for Kevin Love.
Who would that be? The closest Corey Brewer like player on either roster might be Wiggins, no?

I hope this is a troll post because Tyson had just come off winning DPOY during the 2012 season.
I thought he was injured. In any case, he was not a great fit for that US team. Chandler's limited skill set seems dated for FIBA rules, even then. PEACE.

I think he was referring to Corey Brewer as the best Corey Brewer.

New rumor has Corey Brewer also coming to the Cavs in the Love-Wiggins deal.

Would be an absolute heist for the Cavs if it comes off. Minnesota is loaded at the wing (especially with Wiggins), so it may make sense for them to include Brewer.

Fjordson

I wouldn't want DMC near my team either. Dude's a major headcase and has a temper.
That doesn't mesh well with FIBA refs.
True, but he's like that on the shitty kings with Keith Smart and shit. Think he'd be fine under Coach K and with the other stars. Unless something specific happened at camp. But you gotta be pretty damn disruptive to get replaced by Mason Plumlee.

Oh well. Davis and Boogie in the frontcourt would have been amazing, but as long as Curry makes it and gets decent minutes I'll be happy.

Top Bottom