• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

I think Klay is relatively under rated but that seems a bit high. Another decent season though and he's fielding max money. Really sucks.

max money = .... what exactly? Chandler Parsons max, or Carmelo Anthony max? Those numbers aren't the same.

klay will get maxed

What's the amount you're talking about?

Bledsoe money? or Steph Curry's next deal money?

The Suns absolutely had the TV deal in mind when they beat the field in inking the Morris twins and Eric Bledsoe to long-term deals over the last two weeks. Those contracts look big, especially Bledsoe’s five-year, $70 million deal, but they’ll look very different in two or three years. Longer is better in this case, provided good health. This may also apply to Kenneth Faried’s extension with Denver, though details on that are still rolling in.

Good article

Even before this news the market dictated that Klay (based on what Bledsoe, Hayward and Parsons got) is worth $15 million per year. I had absolutely no problem with paying him that money.

Now, Warriors are stupid if they don't lock him up for at least 4 years at $15 million per.

Watching Kobe play. Oh boy...gone be good.

Interested in seeing what Pau looks like as a Bull.

Not gone lie. Bulls intro got me excited to watch them in League Pass.

OMG...I've forgotten what it looks like to see Kobe play.

Going to be interesting. Last year was my first Kobe free year.

Kobe looks good.

If he can stay healthy and play 30 minutes a night...Lakers got that 8th seed shot.

JNA

Banned
Randle is very mobile for his size holy crap lol. I'm liking it.

I also like Clarkson. He's versatile, gets good looks, has a nice looking shot, it's just not going in and needs to finish better. I think he will improve on that in time.

Really starting to get impressed by Randle though. I had very negative thoughts about him since his college year and REALLY wanted Marcus Smart (Celtics you broke my heart on draft day you son of a bitches! XD), but Randle is slowly changing my mind.

Also great to see Kobe back. :)

JNA

Banned
Randle needs to hold onto the ball better. He's been getting it stripped a lot. Otherwise, he's been solid all around.

And damn at the way he ran up the court with the clock running down. The guy can run.

With more polish on the right side, he's going to be dangerous.

JNA

Banned
Sacre is so shit. Why is he getting more minutes than Ed Davis? Davis looks like a freaking steal too.

EDIT Update: Dat alley oop from Lin to Davis!

tehfryguy

I think we (Lakers) need a legit center. Two power forwards and sacre wont cut it.

Overall this was a decent game. Last year was cringe inducing. It's nice to see some defense.

Kobe Bryant looked like he didn't miss any time at all against the Nuggets on Monday, making 5-of-12 from the field for 13 points with two rebounds, five assists and three turnovers.
He had the turnaround fadeaway working tonight and had a couple fancy dimes along the way, too. Bryant was the focal point of the offense while he was out there and he didn't look like he lost a step. We don't want to totally overreact, but it's hard not to after tonight's game.

I think we (Lakers) need a legit center. Two power forwards and sacre wont cut it.

Overall this was a decent game. Last year was cringe inducing. It's nice to see some defense.

IF they really want to compete they do need a defensive minded C, especially if Randle and Boozer make up the rest of your front court. Unfortunately those types of Centers are valued around the league and don't fall off trees. I'm trying to think who they can realistically get? Okafor?

JNA

Banned

If only Ed Davis was like one or two inches taller than he would be perfect.

Thoughts after tonight:

- Nash actually looked pretty good. He should be a backup tho and he would work with the backup players much better than the starters.
- Lin was decent. His passing was very good and his defense is growing more and more underrated. He needs to be more consistent on his outside shooting however.
-Clarkson looked I think. Athletic, can create for himself, can get to the rim and has a good looking shot. He needs to quit forcing shots however and finish better in the basket. He's got the moves, but it won't mean anything if he can't finish.
- Kobe looking good. Good to see him back! :D
- Ellington is...meh. But Young is injured so I guess he's the new guy until then.
- Wesley Johnson looks good too for what he does. Continue playing off ball on offense and getting good looks, while on just focusing on being the best wing defender as possible on defense.
- Boozer is shit.
- Ed Davis is a steal.
- Randle looked very mobile and very good out there. Boy can that man run for a guy his size. Needs to control the ball better when defenders are close to him but he's already one of the better ball handling big men in the game. He got a little lazy on defense near the end of the game which is probably a conditioning type of deal. The guy is a huffer.
- Hill playing his usual role well.
- Sacre doesn't deserve to be a bench player on a college team.

I really wish Boozer wasn't on this team. I'm afraid a guy like Byron Scott who is probably coaching for his job is going to play him too damn much at the expense of developing Julius.

JNA

Banned
I really wish Boozer wasn't on this team. I'm afraid a guy like Byron Scott who is probably coaching for his job is going to play him too damn much at the expense of developing Julius.

Scott will keep his job if the team wins games. If Randle helps the team more than Boozer, Randle will start. Simple as that. Plus Randle was a lottery pick player with an NBA ready body. We didn't suck last season just to have Randle rot on the bench and not getting any chances.

I'm more worried about Clarkson's development. Nash and Lin is not gonna give a lot of leg room for Clarkson to showcase himself. Which could cause him to ballhog/force a lot of his shots in the minutes he does play. I really would like to see him at least start out with 15-20 min a game to start the season. I don't want Nash to play more than 15-20 min a game myself.

BB7X9VI.img

th

rambis

Banned
max money = .... what exactly? Chandler Parsons max, or Carmelo Anthony max? Those numbers aren't the same.

What's the amount you're talking about?

Bledsoe money? or Steph Curry's next deal money?

Good article

Even before this news the market dictated that Klay (based on what Bledsoe, Hayward and Parsons got) is worth $15 million per year. I had absolutely no problem with paying him that money.

Now, Warriors are stupid if they don't lock him up for at least 4 years at $15 million per.
Not sure what youre asking. The max is the maximum you're allowed to make per the CBA. There's only one max per player, its varies, mostly dependent on bird rights and years in the league.

Difference between Melo and Parsons is years in the league and the fact that Melo resigned with the same team.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

Look at how he freed Antawn Jamison to shoot whatever whenever his last year in CLE lmao.

I know its one preseason game but Mirotic came out gunning:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....17-points-in-preseason-debut-for-bulls-video/

Rooting from him because he's from Montenegro but I think the NBA has a stud from former Yugoslavia that we haven't seen since Peja (of course Dragic as well but he needs to be on a contender).

He really had a tough game against the Pistons but he'll learn.

He needs to try to calm down as the refs are calling him for everything.

On a lot of screens, he extends his arms, he needs to realize he's not going to get away with that in the NBA no matter how little force he uses.

He passed up several shots this latest game but like I expected despite the hype, he looks much more likely to make an impact than McDermott.

Kronotech

A weird/rough start for the Suns against a non-NBA team. Chemistry seems to be lacking. Hope it becomes fluid before season starts. Too much opportunity here.

Chaser

A weird/rough start for the Suns against a non-NBA team. Chemistry seems to be lacking. Hope it becomes fluid before season starts. Too much opportunity here.
I agree with this, there were a lot of strange mistakes. Dragic in particular had trouble getting anything going.

Bledsoe seems primed for another step forward at least. Hopefully he can stay on the court.

tehfryguy

IF they really want to compete they do need a defensive minded C, especially if Randle and Boozer make up the rest of your front court. Unfortunately those types of Centers are valued around the league and don't fall off trees. I'm trying to think who they can realistically get? Okafor?

This year there's nothing... special. Okafor is injury plagued. But an option. I wish we got Asik..

I think it's next off-season we can go after best gasol?

Top Bottom