• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Two Words

I really don't get how Monta got away with that whole possession. He held the ball too long at the top. He dribbled into a double team. He did a double pivot foot spin and travelled. He put up a shot after doing a full 360 and swished it. I gotta imagine even Monta is kinda stunned how that turned out.

Incredible game by the rockets. Completley dominated Memphis, the best team in the league, despite being out 3 starters and our backup point guard. Up by 27 in the start of the fourth quarter. Too bad the terrible, terrible, garbage time third string D-League players let the lead get drained to 9 at the end and made it seem like a much closer game than it actually was.

Soonri

I really don't get how Monta got away with that whole possession. He held the ball too long at the top. He dribbled into a double team. He did a double pivot foot spin and travelled. He thee up a shot after doing a full 360 and swished it. I gotta imagine even Monta is kinda stunned how that turned out.
So he basically pulled a Kobe

C4Lukins

Incredible game by the rockets. Completley dominated Memphis, the best team in the league, despite being out 3 starters and our backup point guard. Up by 27 in the start of the fourth quarter. Too bad the terrible, terrible, garbage time third string D-League players let the lead get drained to 9 at the end and made it seem like a much closer game than it actually was.

So you beat what you consider the best team in the league. So it was just a freak accident I guess?

So you beat what you consider the best team in the league. So it was just a freak accident I guess?

Like with any sport, its a game by game basis. And the rockets just out hustled memphis tonight. Showed some great potential depth for when our starters come back in with D-Mo, Terry, and Dorsey playing great games. Dominating one of the best teams on one night doesn't make you better than them, its what you do in the long run that shows how good you are. As of now Memphis has been playing better throughout the beginning of this season, going on a 11 game winning streak against teams in the western conference. Before this game they were tied with Golden State for the best record in the league. But this game showed some promise in our bench being able to play great basketball against good teams and get the job done while the starters are out.

C4Lukins

Like with any sport, its a game by game basis. And the rockets just out hustled memphis tonight. Showed some great potential depth for when our starters come back in with D-Mo, Terry, and Dorsey playing great games. Dominating one of the best teams on one night doesn't make you better than them, its what you do in the long run that shows how good you are. As of now Memphis has been playing better throughout the beginning of this season, going on a 11 game winning streak. But this game showed some promise in our bench being able to play great basketball against good teams.

The top 7 teams in the West, are all looking super good right now. Not including today, the last 10 games Houston actually has the worst record in the west of the top 7 teams with a 7-3 record. Everyone else is 9-1 or 8-2. So yeah it is a win. But lets not blow our load on it.

The top 7 teams in the West, are all looking super good right now. Not including today, the last 10 games Houston actually has the worst record in the west of the top 7 teams with a 7-3 record. Everyone else is 9-1 or 8-2. So yeah it is a win. But lets not blow our load on it.

I didn't blow my load on it. The rockets dominated memphis and were up by 27 at the beginning of the fourth before 'garbage time' (or when you play your third stringers). All I said is the word "dominated", and I'm pretty sure thats approprate to describe this game. All I'm saying is that this is a great win for the team and for the bench's confidence. Not that they're the best team in the league or anything, I never meant that at all lol. Memphis is better than us at this point in the season. The rockets have been without 3 starters and our backup point guard for a while and its great we're still preforming pretty decent (and with this game, great) with that in mind. Its gonna really help our depth over time.

Soonri

Yeah I got to admit I have been super impressed with the Rockets for hanging in there without their starting frontcourt. McHale is coaching his ass off.

Rockets without 3 key players + 1 key backup (Canaan) and we dominate Memphis from start to fin.....beginning of 4th quarter. Proud of the Rockets for getting the W tonight

Timberwolves

tJaBJjl.gif

ghost77

Banned
I can't believe in Houston yet. I can't forget the b2b baptism by Aldridge last year.

Maybe lma was just too good but he dominated asik and Dwight. I can't forget harden getting dominated by Wesley Mathews on both ends too.

Their first round playoff series will be telling.

phanphare

Banned
Kemba's crossover was top 3 on ESPN top 10

Zeller's dunk on Gasol was top 2

too bad they couldn't pull out a win. liked the effort for about 44 minutes though. we're getting closer to playing a full 48...

man, being stuck with broken wade for another 5 years isn't going to be fun to watch. Kobe at least has enough asshole in him that you want to watch him shoot his way to death, wade is just going to sit out half of his remaining career and then kinda be ok for 20 minutes a game while earning stupid money for it. sigh. at least he's kind of not the worst human being in the sport.

zroid

Banned
Difficulty of schedules from the beginning of the season until yesterday, and from today till the end of the season:

B3-Vi_ZCcAEBU4t.png

maladroid

Can't believe we managed that against the Grizz last night. 3 starters out, and our backup PG. DMo coming up big for us recently. Hope these performances give him the belief he can operate at this level when the rest of our frontcourt comes back.

Mavs should be 6-4 last 10 games. Took Hinrich committing the dumbest foul and a Monta travel to bail them out, lol. What a trash team.

Top Bottom