• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

yeah, no shit. lol Blatt's got a mountain to climb it seems.

Agree.

They were awful tonight. But I still like the game because they have to learn how to win games when most of the team is playing like shit. And there will be many more of those.

I'm just hype they made through November above .500.

Best player....Anthony Davis.

But I'll take a healthy Warriors squad over any team not named Spurs right now.

Building my franchise...Anthony Davis is my first pick. He looks old school good.

Just wanted to come in and say, Kyrie really played really good tonight.....

....But I'm not down with him acting like a SG than a PG. What he did tonight was borderline SG level of play and that's not a bad thing. He made all the stars on Clev look like rookies, even LBJ. But they held their own.

The Knick annoy me, mostly because they go in hot, get steamrolled all the way to the end. Who's decision was it to put it in Melo's hand for a 3?!?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Best player....Anthony Davis.

But I'll take a healthy Warriors squad over any team not named Spurs right now.

Building my franchise...Anthony Davis is my first pick. He looks old school good.

AD is the real deal, an absolute machine and has endless potential still... but he's so injury prone, and that's a very real concern. Not sure he'd be my guy to build a franchise around.

Just wanted to come in and say, Kyrie really played really good tonight.....

....But I'm not down with him acting like a SG than a PG. What he did tonight was borderline SG level of play and that's not a bad thing. He made all the stars on Clev look like rookies, even LBJ. But they held their own.

The Knick annoy me, mostly because they go in hot, get steamrolled all the way to the end. Who's decision was it to put it in Melo's hand for a 3?!?
we tanking, nyc.

AcridMeat

Banned
Ig fouled on a three clanks all 3. Mannnnnnn.

Happy with the game overall though, get to see Warriors winning while Davis beasting. Best of both worlds.

edit: Damn that run was pretty. So funny the announcers are saying go to AD on offense because you don't shoot the ball well outside, and they get two Austin Rivers 3s...

Fjordson

Feel awful for Davis. Just hope NOLA doesn't waste a generational talent like that. Or that he gets out before his prime is over.

Nice win for the Warriors, though. Very anxious to see how we fare as our schedule gets a little tougher.

edit: Didn't realize Pelicans were 8-8. Not as bad as I thought, but still. Davis needs more help.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just checked the stats, 4 warriors with double doubles tonight.
aJJSW8r.png

Jonm1010

Banned
Fuck these guy for ignoring AD for most of 2nd half

Seriously I'm watching this scratching my head. He deserves better. I mean He's got Draymond on him, that's a big match up advantage.

All good people know Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans can't read game worth a shit.

Yep. Guy has a 14-19 game and the guys going 4-15 and 5-15 think they need to take more shots. Been he story all season. Not so much for Jrue, who has mostly been playing very well, but Evans for sure. The guy is an idiot. Demps signed Gordon to one of the worst contracts in the league and then decided "you know what? Lets double down on that and sign Evans to 11 million a year."

Feel awful for Davis. Just hope NOLA doesn't waste a generational talent like that. Or that he gets out before his prime is over.

Nice win for the Warriors, though. Very anxious to see how we fare as our schedule gets a little tougher.

edit: Didn't realize Pelicans were 8-8. Not as bad as I thought, but still. Davis needs more help.

Demps(GM) and Monty need to be gone this offseason. I really think we need to bring in George Karl and a new GM. Karl is hungry to coach and has said on multiple occasions how much he wants to finally have a competent generational talent and i think it is a perfect match. Plus he just praises Davis every chance he can get and I was blown away a year ago when he broke down how bad Monty is in the closing minutes of the fourth.

fertygo

How much longer is AD under contract? I can't see him staying even with TV deal max money unless something dramatic changes.

Isn't he gonna be RFA for like 8 year? even under new CBA no reason that would change. I they can't made their stupid guard change, at least they should hire new GM and coach.

iamblades

Isn't he gonna be RFA for like 8 year? even under new CBA no reason that would change. I they can't made their stupid guard change, at least they should hire new GM and coach.

No, it's technically 5 years.

4 from the rookie deal and the 5th RFA year.

If a player only signs a one year deal after his rookie deal ends, he is unrestricted after it ends. Most players(ie. Lebron and KD) in this situation have historically signed 3 year deals after their rookie deal, as there are obvious risks with playing on a one year deal. With the new CBA from 2011 you would also be leaving a LOT of money on the table when you could get your team to make you their designated player, which allows you to sign a 5 year extension(instead of 4) for up to 30% of the salary cap, which if the cap gets increased by the expected amount, will be a SIZABLE sum of money.

To be eligible for the full 30%, a player has to be named to an all NBA team 2 times, be an all star starter 2 times, or be an MVP, an AD will almost certainly qualify for the first 2 at the end of his rookie deal, as he should be an all star starter and first team all NBA this year.

Just checked the stats, 4 warriors with double doubles tonight.
aJJSW8r.png

5... Great win by the dubs...that was a team effort as it seemed like everyone that stepped on the court played well...only complaint was that Speights called his own number a bit much but that's minor.

Also, AD is such a beast...can't believe the pelicans went away from him. He had his way against draymond and by extension the rest of the dubs. 21 with such a complete game already...sky's the limit..

I hope they don't price out the long time fans when they move....

Me too. Credit new ownership for bringing in quality staff but I hope they don't overlook the value which Oracle's home crowd has generated over the years. I still can't believe they almost forced Barnett to retire (glad they changed their mind on that).

Fjordson

Yeah, at first glance it seems great. New arena in SF. But I just hope the incredible home court advantage we currently enjoy migrates to the new building.

AcridMeat

Banned
Games will be stupid expensive. If they go through with the arena plans and have a gigantic window on one side to see the bridge especially.

But I'll be able to take a ferry to the games then.

Games will be stupid expensive. If they go through with the arena plans and have a gigantic window on one side to see the bridge especially.

But I'll be able to take a ferry to the games then.

I think Oracle is quite commuter friendly. I get to take BART from where my parents live straight in. No need to worry about parking nor any type of traffic.

AcridMeat

Banned
I think Oracle is quite commuter friendly. I get to take BART from where my parents live straight in. No need to worry about parking nor any type of traffic.
I wasn't taking anything away from Oracle. It's fine as is. It's not a bad facility either, so the move is purely because they're a successful franchise now and they're trying to jump on it. I'd rather the move didn't happen.

I wasn't taking anything away from Oracle. It's fine as is. It's not a bad facility either, so the move is purely because they're a successful franchise now and they're trying to jump on it. I'd rather the move didn't happen.

My mother in law lives on Fruitvale... so easy to get to Oracle.

The SF arena will end up like AT&T... beautiful, but expensive and parking hell.

Confirms what was already speculated

Lacob's quote here pretty much says it all

"Right now, (Kerr) looks great," Lacob said at the Western Association of Venture Capitalists/National Venture Capital Association luncheon Wednesday. "I think he will be great. And he did the one big thing that I wanted more than anything else from Mark Jackson he just wouldn't do, in all honesty, which is hire the very best.

"Carte blanche. Take my wallet. Do whatever it is to get the best assistants there are in the world. Period. End of story. Don't want to hear it. And (Jackson's) answer . . . was, 'Well, I have the best staff.' No you don't. And so with Steve, very, very different."

I can tell Boston was playing against the Lakers because Tyler Zeller had 24/14

e: Tristan Thompson is quietly having a really good game tonight

Top Bottom