• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Fjordson

Mark Jackson seem pretty good in brainwashing people near him..
Yeah, really is an interesting split between guys in the locker room and the people around it.

Either way, I hope this blows over soon and everyone can just shut up about Jackson and last year. Time to keep the streak going tonight against Minny!

For the sake of keeping the community together that has posted with one another for many years I'm letting those who may have not have heard (including long time lurkers) know about where NBAgaf up and went to.

Best-Gaf's new home is finally up and running.

Slaent.com

You can login using your info from the temp site, otherwise: Register here

h3ro

For the sake of keeping the community together that has posted with one another for many years I'm letting those who may have not have heard (including long time lurkers) know about where NBAgaf up and went to.

Best-Gaf's new home is finally up and running.

Slaent.com

You can login using your info from the temp site, otherwise: Register here
aNK3Y.jpg

Fjordson

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Only just put the game on, 16 point lead ain't bad but I've heard it's been ugly.
Second half was night and day compared to the bad first. Impressive performance without Bogut actually.

Bogut seemed fine on the bench, getting up for timeouts, cheering, etc. Hoping it was just a precaution holding him out.

Fjordson

Bogut with tendinitis per the Warriors.

Pretty shitty news. Isn't that what's plagued guys like Wade recently? Dunno if this is a new problem for Bogut or not, but if it is new then yeah, not good.

http://deadspin.com/john-wall-collapses-in-tears-after-emotional-post-game-1668582392

John Wall breaking down post game. Miyah Telamaque-Nelson died of cancer today at age 6 and Wall was really close to her and her fam

Man I can't hold all these feels right now

That was rough to watch. You can tell it really got to him. Says a lot about him though.

Remember when Colin Cowherd in a roundabout way basically questioned Wall's character because he was raised without a father? Goes without saying dude is a dickbag.

Soonri

Bogut with tendinitis per the Warriors.

Pretty shitty news. Isn't that what's plagued guys like Wade recently? Dunno if this is a new problem for Bogut or not, but if it is new then yeah, not good.
I think so. But Wade's issues are further compounded by not having a meniscus in one knee and hitting the ground a lot after contact when he was younger. I'm not sure about Bogut's injury history - I always thought he had foot problems or something.

That was rough to watch. You can tell it really got to him. Says a lot about him though.

Remember when Colin Cowherd in a roundabout way basically questioned Wall's character because he was raised without a father? Goes without saying dude is a dickbag.

He'd be 100x more well known and richer if he had a conservative radio talk show.

He also thought that John Wall can't be a franchise point guard because he did the Dougie at his first game's intros

Of course, right when Dion's name comes up in trade rumors he goes off against the Nets.

If he keeps playing like that, they won't want to trade him unless Cavs get some crazy offer.

Fjordson

Yeah, Cowherd is awful. And he's doubled down on his bizarre Wall stuff after that initial bullshit. Really odd.

I think so. But Wade's issues are further compounded by not having a meniscus in one knee and hitting the ground a lot after contact when he was younger. I'm not sure about Bogut's injury history - I always thought he had foot problems or something.
Ah okay, I didn't know that about Wade.

And yeah, Bogut's problems have been other stuff so far, but that's what I meant by new. If he has chronic tendinitis on top of all his previous problems then ugh. Hopefully it doesn't become a regular issue.

iamblades

Why would take on that salary for those guys?

Well aside from Deron, they are expiring contracts next season and they are certainly good enough to help push a contender over the hump if they land in the right spot.

The issue with the contracts is not paying them, almost any contender would be willing to pay that much and more if that is the difference in winning a title. The issue is making the salaries balance in the trade without giving up more than you gain.

The best options for the Nets are probably injured/underperforming players on expiring deals in combination with future picks. They aren't going to get good players from the kinds of teams that are going to be willing to take those contracts off their hands.

Furyous

How'd he brainwash the people around him? Mark Jackson earned the respect of those players and so the owner's statements are disgusting. Mark Jackson looks like Tony Dungy while Steve Kerr comes across looking like John Gruden. Kerr's doing a good job but why risk hurting morale by bringing up their beloved former coach?

Lebron gave royalty the best jersey in the NBA!

https://twitter.com/EurosportCom_EN/status/542331391367987200/photo/1

This is great for the league and the world in general. This is a great moment in history because even royalty loves the Cavs jersey.

Motivate? Yes.

Brainwash? Not even.

To say he did is kinda uncalled for. Mark Jackson has his flaws, but his level of motivation is a positive.

Fortunately for the Warriors they can now combine effort with good coaching.

Cavs losing at the half. I'm happy.

Top Bottom