• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Cheddahz

Banned
sZQx5O0.png

Fjordson

Lmao, Warriors have changed the initial concept for their San Francisco arena because people were comparing it to a toilet.

New design:

The renderings look pretty amazing. Is there any word on if they'll keep the Golden State name as opposed to San Francisco? I'm assuming so.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Fun article on the Knicks:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...armelo-anthony-heart-team-discord-sources-say

The New York Knicks were en route to their fifth straight loss last week against Brooklyn when a frustrated Tim Hardaway Jr. screamed angrily, "Get the rebound!"

Certain his second-year teammate was speaking to him, Carmelo Anthony approached Hardaway on the way down the court and used an expletive to ask Hardaway who in the world he thought he was talking to.

Anthony, according to sources, used another expletive in telling Hardaway he was going to beat him up when they got into the locker room after the game.

While the two players never wound up fighting, the episode was emblematic of the volatile state of the Knicks. Off to their worst start in franchise history at 4-19, the Knicks are a team full of discord, defiance and doubt, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

"Nobody's taken a swing at anybody, but there's a lot of arguing and cursing each other out after games," one source said.

In addition to the Knicks' lack of chemistry, sources say the players believe coach Derek Fisher's insistence on running the triangle offense is another key reason for New York's struggles.

Anthony could not be reached for comment Wednesday. The Knicks play at San Antonio on Wednesday night, and Anthony said after Tuesday's 104-93 loss at New Orleans -- New York's ninth straight defeat -- that he is considering giving his ailing left knee a rest.

Several Knicks, in addition to Hardaway, are at odds with Anthony and believe he is not playing team basketball. Sources said players voiced their displeasure with Anthony over the weekend, telling him he shoots too much, doesn't move or pass the ball, and plays defense only when he feels like it.

Sources said the most tension exists between Anthony and Hardaway, as they haven't cared for each other almost since Hardaway joined the team last season, with each player believing the other shoots too much and doesn't care about defense. Sources said Hardaway was also bothered by the favorable treatment Anthony received under last season's coach, Mike Woodson.

One thing Anthony and his teammates do agree on is their disdain for the triangle offense, sources said. For weeks, if not longer, the players have been ready to ditch the triangle and move on to another system. They feel like other teams know what they are going to run and where they are going to go on the court, which makes it easier to stop them.

When team president Phil Jackson gave his state of the team address Monday, he said the Knicks players have shown defiance to the changes he and Fisher have made in the name of "changing the culture."

"There's some resistance to discipline and order and culture change and things like that," Jackson said.

The players' dislike for the triangle is a part of that. But there is more.

Last season, under Woodson, the Knicks switched on defense. This season, under Fisher, they don't switch, which has some players grumbling.

Also, the day after losses, Woodson would typically hold voluntarily workouts that were light and nondemanding. Fisher, however, holds full-fledged practices and works the players hard.

"Guys are definitely frustrated," one source said. "But some of it's just basketball stuff that the players don't like doing. When somebody's demanding that you make a hard cut, you don't like it because you have to work harder. When someone says it's not OK to throw a bulls--- pass, guys don't like it."

But the players don't feel like Fisher is being too hard on them, sources said. In fact, some feel his sideline demeanor is too stoic and that they would like to see more emotion out of him.

"They almost want to see Fisher get upset during a game," one source said. "They want to know that their coach will go to battle with them, that he'll fight for them. They're not seeing any emotion out of him."

With free agents who signed before Sept. 16 becoming available for trade Dec. 15, the Knicks could look to make roster changes soon -- with sources saying J.R. Smith is the player they'd most like to trade.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Blearth

Banned
Lmao, Warriors have changed the initial concept for their San Francisco arena because people were comparing it to a toilet.

New design:

The renderings look pretty amazing. Is there any word on if they'll keep the Golden State name as opposed to San Francisco? I'm assuming so.
There's no chance they're keeping Golden State.

They will go back to being the San Francisco Warriors.

Edit: more detailed images here http://www.nba.com/warriors/sf

Fjordson

There's no chance they're keeping Golden State.

They will go back to being the San Francisco Warriors.
I dunno, Lacob has said in the past that the Golden State name will remain. Was just wondering if there had been any update on that.

Team president has also said that it'll be "up to the fans". Not a big deal either way, but I kinda hope they keep the GS.

Fjordson

Golden State are gonna destroy the Rockets tonight. :/
I dunno, Bogut is probably sitting out tonight. Really hurts the Warriors. And we looked pretty shitty for like 25 minutes against Minnesota the other night.

Feels like on paper this is an easy Warriors win due to Houston's injuries, but the Rockets have been surprisingly good despite them. Wouldn't surprise me if it's close tonight.

Soonri

Everyone should root for T-Mac to join the Lakers. Either he joins, they win games and they lose the pick or he joins and breaks a leg and they continue to be a laughingstock. It's win-win!

Soonri

JJ Barea has no chance against Jrue Holiday.

I keep wondering when the Mavs will have consistent perimeter rotations on D... apparently not till the playoffs.

Jonm1010

Banned
JJ Barea has no chance against Jrue Holiday.

I keep wondering when the Mavs will have consistent perimeter rotations on D... apparently not till the playoffs.

You would think but Monty is so stupid he didn't take advantage of it one time int he first quarter.

Fjordson

Man Bogut's absence hurts us so much.

On the flipside, I can't believe how good the Rockets are despite missing multiple starters. Scary.

Jonm1010

Banned
I really can't believe that performance by the Pelicans. For all intents and purposes we should of had that game against a better opponent.

Also how do you not attack Barrea like at all when you have a 6'4 PG that can post up somewhat and another guy that plays point sometimes at 6'6 in Evans who can also somewhat post up?

You come out flat in the first and it like doesnt even cross Monty's mind to try it.

Fjordson

Little depressing how the Rockets are matching us with ease without Dwight Howard and multiple other players. Can't imagine what they'll be like fully healthy.

Misterhbk

Little depressing how the Rockets are matching us with ease without Dwight Howard and multiple other players. Can't imagine what they'll be like fully healthy.

I feel like everyone is understating the absence of bogut and Lee. Lee will destroy Houstons second unit.

Cloudy

Banned
This game is amazing

Eh, I feel Houston is better without Dwight in a game like this. He really hurts their offense and is a liability vs. high-scoring teams

Top Bottom