• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Misterhbk

Maybe, I do keep forgetting about Lee's injury.

Still, Rockets are really good. I mean goddamn, this has been a tough ass game.

Everyone forgets his injury. With him back itll open up so much for that second unit. The depth is incredible. Got the win. The streak lives on!!

Cloudy

Banned
Mark Jackson must be so salty. I feel he'd have the exact same record with this team. They are better cos of Klay, Draymond improvement, Bogut's health and more depth not cos of anything Kerr is doing

Misterhbk

Mark Jackson must be so salty. I feel he'd have the exact same record with this team. They are better cos of Klay, Draymond improvement, Bogut's health and more depth not cos of anything Kerr is doing

Ummm Mark Jackson took bogut completely out of the offense. He was a liability on that end. Harrison back in the starting 5 has him reignited. Can't deny Kerr.

It just creeped up on me the other day that the Hawks were on a winning streak, and now all of the sudden they're 15-6. Then I looked at their schedule. Not impressed.

Pathos

Banned
GS is going all in
I really wanna see them go against the spurs and see how it ends up, but that won't be for like another 2 months

God damn Heat got runover in the 3rd.
AM71U.png
I recorded the game but will probably not watch it now that i know how tragic that shit is. Just n to the next.

wario

I dunno, Lacob has said in the past that the Golden State name will remain. Was just wondering if there had been any update on that.

Team president has also said that it'll be "up to the fans". Not a big deal either way, but I kinda hope they keep the GS.

this is from the official site about the new stadium:
Will the team still be known as the 'Golden State Warriors'?
At this point, the plans only call for constructing a state-of-the-art sports and entertainment center, a new home for the Golden State Warriors.

seems like they're open to change. i think they should. warriors aren't really representative of the entire golden state. it's like when the angels were called the california angels when there were four other baseball teams in the state.

san francisco makes more sense or at least something that indicates the bay area.

Fjordson

this is from the official site about the new stadium:

seems like they're open to change. i think they should. warriors aren't really representative of the entire golden state. it's like when the angels were called the california angels when there were four other baseball teams in the state.

san francisco makes more sense or at least something that indicates the bay area.
Yeah, I guess that's a good point. Golden State is a dope name, but there is three other California teams.

Afrikan

Even being a San Francisco resident, I prefer them keeping the Golden State name. I mean yes they were SF Warriors before anything when they got here from Philli...but the East Bay has supported this team for so long (and will continue to support), I feel it would be disrespectful to not acknowledge the East Bay and other parts of the Bay Area.

So keep it the Golden State Warriors....or some how come up with a name that acknowledges the Bay Area. Bay Area Warriors sounds dumb though.

Yay Area Warriors? :D jk.

overcast

As somebody from LA, I think GS should remain that and not go SF. I love the way Golden State sounds. Although as a kid I didn't know where they were located.

AcridMeat

Banned
edit: Just saw that the Knicks lost to the Spurs' bench. I want to know what angry Knicks fan has to say about this team. Time to reminisce on the best sports rant ever.
Lakers should hire him as a coach so you can get to know him better.

Dennis Rodman made headlines the past couple days when he said Kerr, his former teammate with the Chicago Bulls, is basically just sitting on the bench while his players and assistants do most of the work. Asked about Rodman's comments, Kerr joked: ''Well, that's actually pretty accurate.''

LOL. I didn't get to watch last night's game. But from reading the recaps and watching the highlights, Kerr went with Green at center for the stretch run? It amazes me that no matter the lineup Kerr puts out there, it seems as though the defense remains consistent.

Fjordson

LOL. I didn't get to watch last night's game. But from reading the recaps and watching the highlights, Kerr went with Green at center for the stretch run? It amazes me that no matter the lineup Kerr puts out there, it seems as though the defense remains consistent.
Yes. Down the stretch it was Draymond at center, Barnes at 4, and Livingston, Steph and Klay as basically a 3 guard lineup.

Worked really well. Livingston came up big last night.

It was a trick. Rockets tried to exploit the mismatch at the 5, thus keeping the ball out of Hardens hands. And it worked too.

Fjordson

Livingston was a really great pick up. If he can stay healthy and give us anywhere close to what he is now all season then wow. Was a game high +18 last night.

KidJr

GS is going all in
I really wanna see them go against the spurs and see how it ends up, but that won't be for like another 2 months

AS I say to my friends, could go either way in a one game scenario.

Over 7 games a fit spurs win 7 out of 10 times

J2 Cool

A little hilarious of ESPN to run a puff piece about Lebron's "physical decline" about a month after Simmons got flamed by Mike & Mike for suggesting it.

Lubricus

It just creeped up on me the other day that the Hawks were on a winning streak, and now all of the sudden they're 15-6. Then I looked at their schedule. Not impressed.

We play the Bulls on the 15th. That should be a decent game. Then the Cavaliers on the 17th with the Rockets on the 20th.

overcast

A little hilarious of ESPN to run a puff piece about Lebron's "physical decline" about a month after Simmons got flamed by Mike & Mike for suggesting it.
I was gonna come in here and post it.

Lebron's stat line is fucking terrific. 25 points, almost 8 assists, and 5 boards a game. What the hell? Hope he plays tonight, want to see Durant/Lebron again.

Who do you guys think is MVP this year? Thus far. Davis has insane stats.

Fjordson

Davis if the Pelicans make the playoffs.

If they don't, then Curry if he keeps his numbers up or Harden. Lebron / KD should also be in the mix if they have a really good second half.

overcast

Guess we'll see how voter fatigue works for Lebron and KD. Curry would probably be the MVP thus far considering how absurdly good the Warriors have been. I would say Harden is 3rd, not to be biased.

I'm kinda disappointed in the Suns. Thought they would kill with those guards rotating. Though I understand they are hurt.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Loving Kobe this year:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...be-bryant-critical-teammates-heated-scrimmage

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Kobe Bryant returned to practice for the first time this month and called his teammates "soft" during a heated five-on-five scrimmage between the starters and reserves.

When practice was opened to the media, Bryant and Nick Young were already trading barbs during the scrimmage with Young telling Bryant, "Nobody in the world can guard me one-on-one" and Bryant telling Young, "You're going exactly where I want you to go."

Later Bryant said, "You mother-----s are soft like Charmin in this mother-----. God damn, is this the type of s--- that's going on in these practices? Now I see why we've lost 20 f-----ing games. We're soft like Charmin. We're soft like s---."

Lakers coach Byron Scott has held Bryant out of most practices and shootarounds this season with Thursday being Bryant's first full practice with the team in over two weeks

Bryant was also getting on Jeremy Lin during the scrimmage, daring him to shoot whenever he had the ball, yelling, "This mother----- don't got s---. He ain't got s--- right now. Shoot! Shoot!" After Lin missed a pull-up jumper, Bryant said, "I talked his ass right into that bulls---. I talked his a--- right into that bulls---."

By the end of the scrimmage, which the starters won, Bryant said, "Practice gets real uncomfortable when I'm in this mother----."

After the team gathered together at center court to close practice, Bryant passed Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and said, "I'm supposed to practice and get better, Mitch. I'm supposed to practice and get better. These motherf-----s ain't doing s--- for me."

"

Cloudy

Banned
I really don't see the purpose of yelling at these guys. They just aren't good outside of Young and Davis. Also, Kobe is shooting under 40% himself. A lot of it is because he has little help but still...

Mitch can get some but not in public. Not a good look for Kobe IMO lol

I'll take it all back if they beat the Spurs tomorrow

Fjordson

Yeah, I'm honestly a big Kobe fan, but I'm not sure what he expects to get out of some of those dudes. Probably gonna scare the shit out of some of them.

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah, I'm honestly a big Kobe fan, but I'm not sure what he expects to get out of some of those dudes. Probably gonna scare the shit out of some of them.

He is obviously trying to motivate the team but not everyone responds to being pushed like this. Nick Young knows the game and was giving it right back, let's see how the other young guys respond (Lin especially)

He is obviously trying to motivate the team but not everyone responds to being pushed like this. Nick Young knows the game and was giving it right back, let's see how the other young guys respond (Lin especially)

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/543148557986189313

Nick Young pulled Jeremy Lin and Jordan Clarkson to the side after practice and told them to stand up for themselves after Kobe got on them.

There is no in between to this method either they A) tough up and become great or B) turn into Kwame Brown, and second guess themselves into a shit career.

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah, I don't mind this behind closed doors but not where the media can see. I feel it puts even more pressure on those guys when the whole world seems them challenged this way

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Good. Hopefully Kobe will break them and they will stop accidentally winning games here and there.

Fjordson

Damn, shitty scheduling luck for ESPN tonight. No Bron in the first game, no Cousins or Howard in the second.

edit: TNT rather, not ESPN.

So I'm attending my first Cavs game in 5 years (vs. Dallas) next month and I'm seriously digging this whole "charge an extra 20% in fees" thing they have going

Top Bottom