• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

B.O.O.M

That was a punk ass move Dwight pulled and got called soft in the process by a 36 year old >_>

You know he still has some caught feels from the previous years with Lakers when your team is winning and you still do dumb shit like this smh..

Really sucks to hear about the injury tho..hope the kid makes a full and fast recovery.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn Anthony Davis 26 points 17 rebounds 9 blocks what a fucking dirty mofo. Granted its Orlando but Pelicans looked strong.

By the way when is the deadline to update fantasy during the week? Or is it 24 hours so you can swap if you want to?

Vucevic and Asik also had great stats games, the big men were annihilating everything. Even Anderson put up a good game in just 22 minutes.

tm24

did anybody watch the NOH/Orl game? Curious to hear how Orlando's rookies looked.

Payton looked real good on defense against Holliday and handling the ball. On offense, he passed up some shoots Rondo style. Gordon didn't get the ball much, but i blame Vaughn confusing him with the other Gordon and telling that one to shoot whenever. Rookie Gordon looked good, took some good shots and just needs to be a bit more aware of the game. He looks real raw

Basically, Vaughn needs to get fired as soon as possible

AcridMeat

Banned
If the Pelicans can win 45-50 games and make the playoffs, he's gonna be the MVP.
That's what I said to myself.

I mean in the highlights he was leading the break a ton too which is ridiculous.
Vucevic and Asik also had great stats games, the big men were annihilating everything. Even Anderson put up a good game in just 22 minutes.
I saw that, crazy. Also saw Terrence Jones had a solid 16/13 with a couple blocks and steals, feels good man.

Smokey

That was a punk ass move Dwight pulled and got called soft in the process by a 36 year old >_>

You know he still has some caught feels from the previous years with Lakers when your team is winning and you still do dumb shit like this smh..

Yeah what a punk move to get a guy away from you who is continually slapping at you. Coincidentally it just so happens to be Kobe Bryant out of all players who in no way knew what he was doing, needlessly slapping 94 ft away from his teammates. Next time Dwight should totally let him take the ball because reasons

KB24

Yeah what a punk move to get a guy away from you who is continually slapping at you. Coincidentally it just so happens to be Kobe Bryant out of all players who in no way knew what he was doing, needlessly slapping 94 ft away from his teammates. Next time Dwight should totally let him take the ball because reasons

Whatever you say, dude.

Kobe was being a pest in the situation, but Dwight obviously wasn't just trying to clear space.

did anybody watch the NOH/Orl game? Curious to hear how Orlando's rookies looked.

They looked ok. While the kid out of Arizona looked good...comfortable running in the offense...their point guard (dude that's from Louisiana) looked like he was trying a little too hard to impress his family (they said he had 100 tickets given out for the game).

He currently has no outside jumper, which means he's driving a lot trying to get to the basket or draw someone to him so he can kick it to an open shooter.

He didn't look bad per se. Just not impressive. The kid from Arizona looked fine.

NBA League Pass is a free trial until the first week of November. You can watch the game on there. (use firefox if you're on a computer)

Smokey

Whatever you say, dude.

Kobe was being a pest in the situation, but Dwight obviously wasn't just trying to clear space.

So we agree if Kobe wasn't being a pest in the first place down 20 and 90ft away from his teammates, then Dwight wouldn't need to clear space therefore nothing happens. Right? Right.

Kobe was not going to get the ball. He knew what he was doing. Like I said "dude" TNT crew pretty much said the same thing I am saying except that Dwight should've laid him out.

But Dwight reasons tho

So who are the Lakers tanking for this year (cuz last night's game was atrocious)? Word is Thon Maker is transferring HS to Canada and get into the 2015 draft.

Fjordson

So who are the Lakers tanking for this year (cuz last night's game was atrocious)? Word is Thon Maker is transferring HS to Canada and get into the 2015 draft.
Emmanuel Mudiay, Jahlil Okafor or Karl Towns. Those three are legit.

Thon Maker maybe if he reclassifies, but dude looks like he weighs 120 pounds. Needs to grow into his height more.

Jimmy Butler out for 2-4 weeks according to Thibs.
Then he backtracked and said 1-3 weeks.
Jimmy still wants to play Friday. So yeah no one knows what's going on.

jptrey06

Emmanuel Mudiay, Jahlil Okafor or Karl Towns. Those three are legit.

Thon Maker maybe if he reclassifies, but dude looks like he weighs 120 pounds. Needs to grow into his height more.
They should go for Mudiay! Dude will be ahead in terms of experience and the lakers definitely need a new marquee guy on the backcourt. Dude is already being compared to Westbrook.

KB24

So we agree if Kobe wasn't being a pest in the first place down 20 and 90ft away from his teammates, then Dwight wouldn't need to clear space therefore nothing happens. Right? Right.

Kobe was not going to get the ball. He knew what he was doing. Like I said "dude" TNT crew pretty much said the same thing I am saying except that Dwight should've laid him out.

But Dwight reasons tho

So this is the first time you've seen someone pressure the rebounder? Kobe wasn't even being THAT aggressive, let's be real here. I'm not blaming Dwight, both parties were guilty. You made it seem like Dwight was in the right. Let's just knock out everyone who puts pressure on the rebounder.

Cole Slaw

Banned
NBA needs to investigate the Lakers in order to find out what the fuck is up with their training and/or medical staff that so many of their players keep getting injured and the team ends up being trash as a result.

The Lakers are America's team, for God's sake. Ain't nobody going to be watching no "Cavaliers" because of "Kyrie Irving" and "Kevin Love."

Smokey

So this is the first time you've seen someone pressure the rebounder? Kobe wasn't even being THAT aggressive, let's be real here. I'm not blaming Dwight, both parties were guilty. You made it seem like Dwight was in the right. Let's just knock out everyone who puts pressure on the rebounder.

I didn't say he was in the right just this whole Dwight is a bitch blah blah is hilarious considering the situation wouldn't of happened if Kobe took his old ass down the court. Of course the majority are salty Laker fans , including their coach, who just cant let it go.

You start slapping at a big man elbows get thrown. Anybody who's played any kind of bball will tell you. Kobe knew what he was doing. There's a reason they gave him a personal foul when they went to look at it.

Skip Bayless on the knicks just said that he thinks Phil Jackson "on presence alone is worth 5 wins" and that he "likes that they got Sam Dalembert". This man gets PAID for his opinions.

Strider

Skip Bayless on the knicks just said that he thinks Phil Jackson "on presence alone is worth 5 wins" and that he "likes that they got Sam Dalembert". This man gets PAID for his opinions.

No he doesn't. He gets paid to troll and bring in viewers. And he's a master at it.

tm24

Pacers starting 5 tonight against the sixers.

B1IUORtIAAA8x6v.jpg

This might be so awful it wraps around to being entertaining

tm24

Laker shot chart from last night

tvi7jeayinakdscj6sz1.png

Man, i can only wonder how the TWC channel deal would of gone done had talks started this year

Stolen from twitter..
Kobe on Dwight: "Try me.. B**** A** N***."
Boozer is a Jedi or Thor: http://cjzero.com/gifs/BoozerIsAJedi.gif
Boozer goes "And 1!!!" on a Jordan Hill miss
smiley-laughing001.gif

B1IUORtIAAA8x6v.jpg

God damn.. Pad them stat Roy. My fantasy team will be doomed if Hibberts fuckball from last postseason lingers to this season but nevertheless I will be entertained in the process.

Kinda unbelievable that he broke his leg with just like that. Hoping he gets back better. Damn, this season is shaping up to be the best tank in Lakers history.

Welp, season over. Its never good when two of your remaining 3 big men are Boozer and Sacre.

BOOZER. HILL. that Davis guy. SACRE.
iE4eUIKeNZuFU.gif

EDIT: Also check out Hornets' twitter.. MJ was the one tweeting last night. Pretty interesting. Good to se hornets going in the right direction. Some sick burns by MJ too.

Soonri

B1IUORtIAAA8x6v.jpg

Damn... Could the Lakers actually be worse than this?? If they have the 3rd worst record, they could actually fall to the 6th pick.

Cheddahz

Banned
My parents are going to the Hornets game tonight and from their tweets the Hornets have put out today, it seems like it's going to be one fun night

I do find it funny that people still act like the Lakers need to make a decision whether to tank or not. Did you guys miss last night's game? It's not exactly up to them.

phanphare

Banned
My parents are going to the Hornets game tonight and from their tweets the Hornets have put out today, it seems like it's going to be one fun night

yeah I'm going too. they've got a bunch of cool stuff planned. can't wait.

assuming you saw the tuxedo t-shirts that they're giving out. nice nod to the first opening night.

x34Dyad.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I do find it funny that people still act like the Lakers need to make a decision whether to tank or not. Did you guys miss last night's game? It's not exactly up to them.

This is shaping up to be the perfect "lets put 4 scrubs around kobe and let him pad his stats while we save this lottery pick" team.

tm24

This is shaping up to be the perfect "lets put 4 scrubs around kobe and let him pad his stats while we save this lottery pick" team.

Isn't that what Simmons has been advocating for a while now? Every Laker home game should be billed as watch Kobe do whatever he wants as he tries to break the scoring record.

Fjordson

Randle done for the year. Wow. Damn shame. I mean the Lakers front office probably isn't sweating it too much, but you know he was hoping for a better rookie campaign.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Randle done for the year. Wow. Damn shame. I mean the Lakers front office probably isn't sweating it too much, but you know he was hoping for a better rookie campaign.

I mean it sucks for him he's gotta put that start on hold, but it will not effect his longevity in terms of health, it's a break in the bone, not a ligament, he'll be back to normal and full strength, just takes a bit of time.

Top Bottom