• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Siegcram

Lakers beat the Suns tonight, gut feeling. Can't start the season 0-2

E: Holy shit, Phoenix is favored by 12
That's low tbh. Good guards, especially speedy PGs wreck the Lakers. Suns have 3 of those and the Lakers D is as bad as it's ever been.

JCizzle

My man.

Brad%20Stevens.jpg

Dude...the Lakers suck.

They will be lucky to win 30 games this season.

Accept it.

That's low tbh. Good guards, especially speedy PGs wreck the Lakers. Suns have 3 of those and the Lakers D is as bad as it's ever been.

They are probably the worst team in the league other than the 76ers or Pacers depending on how hard they go in tank mode.
I'm sorry I just can't accept it. Kobe won't let this happen. He's a transcendent player. Every time he's on the court I feel the team has a chance to win. I feel he can still carry the team on his back.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
One day they will have talent :( I love him as a coach. He takes the more positive reinforcement route which I think is better for the new young coddled athletes

http://www.celticslife.com/2014/10/video-inside-look-at-brad-stevens.html

It's better for confidence ad it allows you to form a relationship. Obviously we haven't seen him with serious head cases, but I think he'll be pretty good at that. I'm hoping the Celts can show case Rondo for a bit and move on, I really don't want the roster bogged down by his monster overpaid contract.

Tom Penny

It's better for confidence ad it allows you to form a relationship. Obviously we haven't seen him with serious head cases, but I think he'll be pretty good at that. I'm hoping the Celts can show case Rondo for a bit and move on, I really don't want the roster bogged down by his monster overpaid contract.

Yeah. It's too bad Rondo doesn't play like prime time all the time. They'd have a top 5 PG. I'm interested to see if they keep moving the ball or he fucks their motion offense all up dribbling the air out of it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah. It's too bad Rondo doesn't play like prime time all the time. They'd have a top 5 PG. I'm interested to see if they keep moving the ball or he fucks their motion offense all up dribbling the air out of it.

Yeah top 5 I guess, but he doesn't attack enough and he holds the ball too long if he thinks he won't get an assist. He also goes for the home run and half asses it on D all the time. He's ridiculously overrated.

Cheddahz

Banned
Mom just texted me to tell me that David Stern is at the Hornets game tonight and the pictures she has sent me so far of the court and everything look amazing

DonDraper

Banned
I'm sorry I just can't accept it. Kobe won't let this happen. He's a transcendent player. Every time he's on the court I feel the team has a chance to win. I feel he can still carry the team on his back.

You, Kobe, and the hardcore Lakers homers gotta be the only ones who think that. Kobe is gonna have a great individual year barring breaking down even further, but the team is going nowhere.

Even in his prime, and with Phil at coach, Kobe could barely carry a squad of scrubs to 42 wins. And that team had Lamar Odom, who is better than anyone on the current Lakers. This team is garbage man. Don't do this to yourself. Just accept it.

Pimpwerx

Made my annual HEAT hype post on FB. Thought I'd share.

The Goodyear paparazzi trolling the bay stargazing at me and Foxy on the balcony? Miami HEAT BasketballTM must be ready to tipoff again. It's a new season, and the roster has a slightly new look. I'd like to think it was addition by subtraction. What to expect?

Vintage Wade - On the decline? Nope. Past his prime? Hell no! 2014 Flash is just aged to perfection.

Prime Bosh - Never watched Toronto Bosh? He was a monster. However, don't expect that from the Boshtrich, he's evolved well beyond that primitive beast and has attained his ultimate form. Boshtimus Prime now has an effective range approaching infinity. I only nerfed it because I wanted to sound practical. It's actually infinity.

Best James - We lost one James, and might have found an upgrade.... Okay, I'll walk back from that ledge and just say that Ennis the Menace might be a Rookie of the Year contender, and might bring every bit of flash and excitement to the AAA that the traitorous one took with him. The Cleveland Coward has been replaced by the Long Beach Legend. Wearing #32, he's suited for greatness.

Shaboy - No, Riley wasn't tricked into drafting this kid, Shabazz was born with HEAT DNA. A 4-year college player. Championship experience. Strong leadership. He's a Pat Riley guy through and through, and now he's your boy, Shaboy.

McBoberts - I called him a douchebag last year, but now he's my dudebro. McBobs is currently on the mend, but this guy brings hustle, passing and perimeter shooting. Carolina Jesus saves.

Cole Train, Rio Grande, the co-captain UD, Dang Deng, Birdman Birdman and the rest of the new-look HEAT are also going to have a say in this team's success. We lost a few guys, but it's okay...we're reloaded. Let's go HEAT!
PEACE.

Pimpwerx

I'm finna eat good tonight

TM812IR.jpg

2If8dl2.jpg

I give respect to people who announce their bets beforehand, but damn, son...that's a lot of cheddar. I've never bet more than $100. I don't have the nuts, I guess. Best of luck to you. And yeah...Let's Go HEAT!!! PEACE.

I like the design of the Pelicans court.

Yup...the whole franchise looks cool.

Love the Pelican announcers and Anthony Davis.

Jrue Holiday and his bro (on Golden State) I like too.

Man, when it works NBA League Pass is amazing. Free for these next two weeks.

Philly about to implode after their good start.

jptrey06

Man, when it works NBA League Pass is amazing. Free for these next two weeks.

Philly about to implode after their good start.
Yup I'm currently watching 2 games at the same time!
The bucks vs hornets on the league pass and Raps and hawks on my cable.

Damn, Giannis and Valanciunas are going to be all stars in the future for sure

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Boston definitely looks more cohesiversatile this year. Probably looking at, at least 30 wins this year. Smart coming in!

MVP

Banned
I"m guessing major league basketball for the top. Just wanted to fuck with him

lol...if they put the city name instead I might've done a double take. It's Money Line Bet, PLB for Point Line Bet, here's a PLB loser of mine from a couple days ago :(

MONdiWR.jpg

Dammit, how am I going to pick just 5 teams when this free period is over.

Warriors
Cavs
Bulls

...then the rest of the field is open. Guess I can use this free period to see what franchises will be interesting to watch even though I'm not vested.

Rockets...because I hate them.
Lakers...even though they suck, I've been watching them forever
Minnesota...I like their young talent...plus they may win 40 games
Phoenix...would hate to pick another west team, but Suns look entertaining.
Pelicans...best announcing team...plus Anthony Davis and Jrue
76ers...Dr. J

zychi

Banned

Warriors
Cavs
Bulls

...then the rest of the field is open. Guess I can use this free period to see what franchises will be interesting to watch even though I'm not vested.

76ers...Dr. J
If you have cable, don't pick major market teams like cle, chi, ny, Bo's or la. They'll be on every night.

Pimpwerx

God I hate Paul Pierce
Get out of my conference already you old cunt.

LOL! I was saying the same thing to myself. How come everytime I turn on a Heat game, this old bastard seems to be sticking it to us? Crafty motherfucker. I hate him, but always respected his old man game. PEACE.

If you have cable, don't pick major market teams like cle, chi, ny, Bo's or la. They'll be on every night.

Yeah, I cut the cable last year.

My son is a huge Bulls fan so he can watch their games after a few days. Hell, eventually even the nationally televised stuff is available to watch after a few days.

About to watch the Minnesota game. If their broadcasters aren't annoying I think the team is interesting. Rubio is a fun player to watch.

Man...can't wait for the Warriors game.

Warriors
Cavs
Bulls

76ers...Dr. J

I was having difficulty narrowing down my 5 teams too. So I just did the LP premium. I recommend going premium for you especially now that they still have that LP premium for 180$ w/c is just a $50 more than the 5 team LP.
If you buy your LP premium thru you cable provider, you will get LP premium broadband over at NBA's website free of charge.. (does not work the other way around).
EDIT: bought my LP from NBA website. paying it through installment lol.

I'm like watching 6 games right now and gaffing lol.

EDIT: uh kinda small scuffle in philly pacers game.. Roy vs a sixers player.

Top Bottom